Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak and the Offense

bottleKids

Reaction score
I don't care if it is anti or pro Dak ... I don't need to watch it to know in our current state we are not in a good place on either side of the ball for a deep run in January.

vlad

Reaction score
Funny on that slant to cooks (20min mark) - its like he purposely runs into that safety and his help rather than planting and cutting upfield or slightly to the right and driving into the end zone

jujoboys

Reaction score
When you only have $5.5 million CAP Space invested in your 5 RBs (including Cook on practice Squad) and your Punter and Long Snapper account for $5.0 million of CAP Space there might be a problem. Not to mention our JAG 3rd string QB pulling our CAP down by $5..0 million. We devalued the RB position way to much.

Redline360

Reaction score
Watched half of it so far. Seems like a repeat of several things

1) Play calling was terrible and Kurt wasn't sure what they were even doing leaving Dak with nothing and basically a dead play from scratch.

2) Daks first read is often wrong based upon coverage. Several times he pointed out he shouldn't even be considering his first read based upon coverage but guess it's the way quarterbacks are taught nowadays.

3) Lack of separation due to scheme basically. However several plays Dak had open recievers but missed the read or made the throw to the wrong reciever gaining minimal yards

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
I think Dak mentally panics far too often for someone paid what is paid and with as many years as he has under his belt. He has a Lotta Kirk Cousins in him. Can have some amazing days, but doesn't do well in pressure situations.

Jerry at minimum should have gotten Dak to waive the no trade clause in the new contract. Dak has demonstrated he can't play better then his surrounding talent. Sadly, big Mike knows it as well, but Jerry is stocking the pantry. Is what it us as Parcells used to say.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good job by Kurt explaining our poor offense .

Both by design, and Dak's inability to read Pre -Snap coverage and throwing to the wrong guy or going thru the wrong progression .

Nothing we dont already know
On only 1 play did Warner state Dak looked to the wrong receiver.

1 play only.

Yet, here you are lying as usual as if it were on all of the plays. Then you get your Dak hating groupies to 'like' your garbage post of hateful lies.

Smh. No wonder this site has become so discombobulated and full of discord.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I didn't watch the entire video, but caught the first 15-20 minutes. Warner does a good job staying objective and just sharing what he sees with the caveat that he's open to other takes or explanations.

What I gathered from the video is we have opportunities to be more nuanced in our play designs and the receivers can pay more attention to the details and how it's important in opening up more route options. In regards to Dak, yeah Warner suggested taking different route progressions at times or considered a different throw but the rest of the offense didn't make it easy.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
If the video is Dak positive, I know someone who is going to use the video every chance he gets. Otherwise, Kurt will be a hack if he isn't showering Dak with praise.
The think I love about Warner is he highlights good and bad. And he does that for other QBs not just Dak. What I hate is that you have people come on here that complain and act like he singled out Dak when he really doesn’t. He talks about Dak, the Oline, the WRs the scheme itself. And also talks about what can be done to improve.

I was upset last year when he did a video on Dak and people got so mad that he made another video on Dak just showing that he wasn’t after Dak.