Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak and the Offense

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every QB will go through a wrong progression once in a while, especially when tricked into it by an opposing D-Coordinator. Yet, you guys act as if Dak does this all the time. That's what the discussion was about. If Dak did it all the team, or repeatedly, he would have been benched by now. Same goes for any other franchise's starting QB.
sigh.

Generalizations are so... well. They are what they are.

You have never read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression every time.

You have never read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression most of the time.

You have never read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression half the time.

Have you read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression some of the time? Most likely. Of course, it is equally possible that you have read my observations of MANY quarterbacks going through the wrong progression in gameday threads, etc.

I lied. I let myself tumble down anyway. Wait. Is that Alice? Chop off her head, Queenie!

/nonsense

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
sigh.

Generalizations are so... well. They are what they are.

You have never read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression every time.

You have never read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression most of the time.

You have never read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression half the time.

Have you read me say or suggest Dak Prescott goes through the wrong progression some of the time. Most likely. Of course, it is equally possible that you have read my observations of MANY quarterbacks going through the wrong progression in gameday threads, etc.

I lied. I let myself tumble down anyway. Wait. Is that Alice? Chop off her head, Queenie!

/nonsense
:huh:

bottleKids

Reaction score
You giving your opinion on something you didn’t watch….unbelievable.
I never said i didn't watch it, I said "I don't have to watch it to know X"... my comment wasn't even negative towards any one player, it was directed as the team as whole..... unbelievable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never said i didn't watch it, I said "I don't have to watch it to know X"... my comment wasn't even negative towards any one player, it was directed as the team as whole..... unbelievable.

You literally said you don’t care if it’s pro or anti you don’t need to watch the video lol…..don’t worry about it man have a good day. .

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
When you only have $5.5 million CAP Space invested in your 5 RBs (including Cook on practice Squad) and your Punter and Long Snapper account for $5.0 million of CAP Space there might be a problem. Not to mention our JAG 3rd string QB pulling our CAP down by $5..0 million. We devalued the RB position way to much.
It wasn’t that long ago that people were complaining that we overpaid the RB position. It’s a fickle thing. If the running is going well, people will either say it was money well spent or what a bargain we got. if the running game stinks, people will complain that we didn’t spend enough on the RB position. The running game isn’t that great because we have two rookies starting, an aging guard and an average to below average RT. It’s going to take some time for the line to gel, if they ever do.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
Is it me or does Dak does not see the field very well. If he were to wait just one to two seconds longer, there are receivers wide open. These were plays where he was given plenty of time by the line. I also noticed he doesn’t seem to hit the receivers in stride very well. I haven’t reviewed the whole game just Warner’s video.

jujoboys

Reaction score
It wasn’t that long ago that people were complaining that we overpaid the RB position. It’s a fickle thing. If the running is going well, people will either say it was money well spent or what a bargain we got. if the running game stinks, people will complain that we didn’t spend enough on the RB position. The running game isn’t that great because we have two rookies starting, an aging guard and an average to below average RT. It’s going to take some time for the line to gel, if they ever do.
We were paying Zeke $15 million a year in 2019. He signed a 6 year $90 million contract. Of course people were complaining. As we sit here today it is the 2nd highest contract for a RB in NFL history. Only Christian McCaffrey makes more and he is really much more than just a RB. I didn't want them spending $12 million a year on a RB like the Eagles did with Saquon but there were backs like Derrick Henry, Andre Swift, Aaron Jones, etc that they could have gotten for around $7-$8 million a year. If not, at least take one in the draft. The guys currently on the roster do nothing special. Zeke is washed up, Vaughn is a munchkin, and Dowdle is just a guy. Who knows what Cooks is (can't be that good if he can't get on this roster). Yes, we have knew guys on the OLine learning but having a stud RB they can count on would only elevate their play and maybe not put them in long passing situations. Even if we had a great OLine the running game wouldn't be great with the guys we have at RB. Lamb has the longest run for the season at 12 yards. The front office totally failed at the RB position this year and you can't convince me otherwise. Just like they failed at the WR posiiton the year they decided to go WR by committee. RB by committee only means one thing - You don't have a person on the roster at that position that other teams have to respect and game plan for.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A newborn fresh out the womb could break down this putrid, pathetic offense. It’s easily stoppable, predictable, and just downright displeasing to the eye. This entire offense and coaching needs to be overhauled.
On one hand, I could point out that a newborn does not even comprehend he/she/they are taking a <expletive>--much less capable of examining *a* football play. On the other hand, being literal and pointing out unnecessary universe-sized exaggerations can be a rabbit hole trapdoor waiting to be sprung.

"A newborn fresh out the womb could break down this putrid, pathetic offense." Don't. Stop. Don't you do it DE. For the love of Pete, think of the newborns...

Hadenough

Reaction score
As usual Dak isn't going through his route tree correctly. Combine that with fine details the WRs are not doing and it equals a bad offense. There are just some QBs that can read and process things quickly and know where to go and than there is Dak. For those of you who didn't watch just go to YouTube.