Video: Kurt Warner breaks down Dak Prescott & K. Moore

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Should have never watched that video. It just continues to highlight his average QB play.

Brooksey

Reaction score
If Moore’s design is so bad, I’m assuming his progression is also out of wack.
Dak struggled down the stretch….period, no question. He can be coached and get better, but doesn’t the guy coaching him and calling the offense need to know WTH he’s doing? I’m not letting Dak off the hook, but if the OC who designs, coaches, and calls the plays is in question as most who watched the video are saying, isn’t that where the corrections must begin?

It has to start there and there’s 120 million reasons why

kskboys

Reaction score
Just watching that man Lamb’s routes sucked. I mean really bad. I assume the comeback isn’t one of his strengths
Lamb is one of the site's glory boys. Hard to get anything across about him that's not peaches and unicorns.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Source

That drive with 2:29 left-

(32:04)1st down looks like he had CD up top. Never looked his way, held onto the ball and got sacked. Could've hit Wilson on a crosser but wouldn't have been a big gain.

(32:33)Second down CD shows everyone how scared he is to play football. If Dak wanted to push the ball downfield Wilson was open on the corner route. But CD needs to catch the ball there.

(32:58)Third down he has Wilson wide open but holds the ball until he's sacked. He gets flushed but if he anticipated Wilson's break and throws soon enough the pressure won't affect him. Even with pressure, if he could've kept his eyes downfield as he moved up in the pocket there's a chance he could've hit Wilson.

(33:27) Fourth down. That's tough. Long way to go in 1 play. SF brings the house. CD benefits from a nice pick by Wilson downfield. That's an area where I'm not sure even anticipating the throw sooner would help against the pressure.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The examples in his analysis are so concerning that if Kurt Warner is right you have to move on from Kellen Moore or at least get him educated against the Zone

Moore's "yards are yards" is right up there with Garrett's "we do what we do". Fews fans are stupid enough to think this, let alone professionals.

I'd like to hear a reporter actually do some journalism and ask Moore if he still thinks "yards are yards". I'll hope that he's learned something, but I'm not that hopeful.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Moore's "yards are yards" is right up there with Garrett's "we do what we do". Fews fans are stupid enough to think this, let alone professionals.

I'd like to hear a reporter actually do some journalism and ask Moore if he still thinks "yards are yards". I'll hope that he's learned something, but I'm not that hopeful.

It's pathetic really and our biggest problem might be nobody hires him away

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere but I know some have commented about it in other threads, so I watched it and wanted to share it with those who haven't seen it.

Kurt Warner is saying:

1. Kellen Moore doesn't know how to design a High/Low play against Zone coverage

Dak Prescott doesn't truly understand his reads based on the play he's running, doesn't pick up hots against the blitz, he struggles or fails to read the Mike LB or the Safety and he's holding the ball too long resulting in bad throws and sacks.

The examples in his analysis are so concerning that if Kurt Warner is right you have to move on from Kellen Moore or at least get him educated against the Zone and if Dak doesn't improve you have to consider your options with him too. I don't see how anyone (the Jones family or McCarthy) would disagree unless they think Kurt Warner is wrong. Watch it for yourselves it's scary..lmk what you guys think

somebody else posted this very video, so its a repeat.

what it showed that the team didn't trust the offensive scheme and Moore didn't trust the players and we can sit here and point fingers at one person or the other, where the fact is it took all of them screwing up for this debacle....

• the scheme was easy to defend. Earlier in the year we used a lot of motion to confuse the defense and force them to show their hands, by end of the year the various motions became a few and predictable...WR runs across in a formation and yep its a run up the middle.
  • Moore stopped attacking all the zone when he had 3,4, 5 WR sets....most of the plays I saw above attacked the same zone by flooding WRs into an area and hoping to confuse the defense. I saw several plays where DBs were sitting 15 yards deep at start of the play, knowing it was going to be a go route and lo' and behold, it was a go route. scheme, play call and route combinations were predictable
  • Dak was inaccurate. he didn't trust himself with the throws so he held on too long on some plays and on others he was off target....his foot work was down right awful. as bad as a high school QB
  • the OL blocking scheme was stupid at times. Biadasz and Williams were bad bad bad...I can't count how many times the defenders just ran up the middle tackling the RBs in the back field or right after snap forced QB to run for his life.
  • there was no trust on the OL, no trust of the QB and no trust of the OC

I said it last year, I said it this past off season. Moore may be a boy genuis, but he is green. all play designs should work in theory in the NFL. none of them are designed to fail. some maybe slightly better than others. its the play call, adjustments, route combinations on game day that separate good OCs from average and bad ones.....Moore was green and still is green. he went from backup QB with 6 years in the league, to QB coach and next year he was the OC ..not enough NFL experience....furthermore he didn't have a mentor and Jerry screwed him by telling him he reports to Jerry and not Garrett.....

his game day adjustments were not good and like I have been saying since last summer, give NFL DCs enough tape and they will figure out your tendencies and weaknesses....and they did....Denver as they said, gave the league the blue print and they were right. Moore never adjusted....again I am not dismissing Dak's lack of play making, but this mess isn't just on one person....it took all of them to screw it up this bad.

Section446

Reaction score
People are finally starting to realize what I've known since 2018, Dak isn't very good.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is definitely not absolved of any blame. What I'm asking or questioning is
why at this point in the season, on that play @ 20:00 mark, he's not reading the safety?
he stopped trusting himself to make throws and reverted back to his 2018 form. he became inaccurate and lost zip on his throws about mid point of the season. I don't want to make excuses with injuries, but watch video's of him early in the season with same plays, watch the ball release point and velocity, vs. second half of the season. his foot work was so bad, it made me cringe. in 2018, Dak used to hold on to the ball too long and took a lot of sacks, because he didn't trust himself. as he fixed his fundamentals and improved his accuracy, he started to make throws with anticipation. he stopped doing it...again, at first I thought it was leg injury, I said as much, but later in the year, he was running, even against SF he was running, so if not the leg injury, then why did he just abandon his fundamentals of basic throwing....that's his fault.

and then it snow balls from there. you don't trust yourself. you panic. you lose confidence. you act desparate. you stop reading defenses correctly. you play frustrated.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I can't wait for AmericasCowboys or RonnieT to come in here and try to convince us that Kurt is a hack who has no idea what he's talking about.
Yeah, I subscribe to his channel on YT. Cowboys fans in general are sometimes ignorant. He watches and criticizes other QBs and OCs and he is very accurate. He's done 3 on the cowboys and it's been very accurate. Especially when they played KC and a few things as far as execution over all. Love his channel, he's a great teacher.

Brooksey

Reaction score
somebody else posted this very video, so its a repeat.

what it showed that the team didn't trust the offensive scheme and Moore didn't trust the players and we can sit here and point fingers at one person or the other, where the fact is it took all of them screwing up for this debacle....

• the scheme was easy to defend. Earlier in the year we used a lot of motion to confuse the defense and force them to show their hands, by end of the year the various motions became a few and predictable...WR runs across in a formation and yep its a run up the middle.
  • Moore stopped attacking all the zone when he had 3,4, 5 WR sets....most of the plays I saw above attacked the same zone by flooding WRs into an area and hoping to confuse the defense. I saw several plays where DBs were sitting 15 yards deep at start of the play, knowing it was going to be a go route and lo' and behold, it was a go route. scheme, play call and route combinations were predictable
  • Dak was inaccurate. he didn't trust himself with the throws so he held on too long on some plays and on others he was off target....his foot work was down right awful. as bad as a high school QB
  • the OL blocking scheme was stupid at times. Biadasz and Williams were bad bad bad...I can't count how many times the defenders just ran up the middle tackling the RBs in the back field or right after snap forced QB to run for his life.
  • there was no trust on the OL, no trust of the QB and no trust of the OC

I said it last year, I said it this past off season. Moore may be a boy genuis, but he is green. all play designs should work in theory in the NFL. none of them are designed to fail. some maybe slightly better than others. its the play call, adjustments, route combinations on game day that separate good OCs from average and bad ones.....Moore was green and still is green. he went from backup QB with 6 years in the league, to QB coach and next year he was the OC ..not enough NFL experience....furthermore he didn't have a mentor and Jerry screwed him by telling him he reports to Jerry and not Garrett.....

his game day adjustments were not good and like I have been saying since last summer, give NFL DCs enough tape and they will figure out your tendencies and weaknesses....and they did....Denver as they said, gave the league the blue print and they were right. Moore never adjusted....again I am not dismissing Dak's lack of play making, but this mess isn't just on one person....it took all of them to screw it up this bad.

Everyone knows Dak was never the most accurate. My biggest concerns with the video besides Moore designing poor plays against zone defense, Dak Prescott not making the right reads for the play called, not even looking in the right direction to look off a safety or a mlb. The fact that this happened so late in the season in the playbook is a major concern. When you don't know where you're going and you hold the ball for an extra half second or more, you make poor throws, mechanics look bad, the o-line looks bad etc. When Moore had a good play called against Zone coverage Dak still struggled. He struggles to read a basic zone defense and lacks clear understanding of the concept of the play as Moore also lacks understanding of the high/low concept Warner talks about.