Kyle Pitts vs Patrick Surtain: Who SHOULD be the Pick | Shan & RJ

cnuball21

Reaction score
My point is that we are now in the same position.
Take a player we need, or take a player for splash at a "position" that is not rated near as high.
I am not saying that Pitts isn't or won't be a very good player. I am saying that I think Surtain will be a very good player and he plays a position that we need which should help the overall grade/play of the team.

I just think the comparison doesn't make sense...as teams should never, ever have a RB anywhere near the top of their board.

Pitts is a blue chip TE / WR prospect. If he was an inline / TE only type guy I probably wouldn't consider him but he's so much more than that. He was beating up on SEC CBs all years last year inside and out.

You also can't look at the draft only for immediate need.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
This whole Pitts over Surtain thing is crazy. Our defense suuuucks. I look at it this way. With last year's roster, would we potentially have won more games last year if we had a great TE like Travis kelce, or having a pretty good but not great CB like marcus Peter's? I'd go with Peter's. It's amazing how people forget how many times we'd score and the defense would just let the other team walk down the field and score on us.

SN: I swear I hope Pitts breaks every record in the nfl with the way you guys have been hyping him up. I can't remember the last time I've seen something like this for any recent offensive player.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
SN: I swear I hope Pitts breaks every record in the nfl with the way you guys have been hyping him up. I can't remember the last time I've seen something like this for any recent offensive player.

That should be an indication of just how different Pitts is.

And it isn’t just people on here doing it - and it isn’t just fans doing it - it is everyone. Media, analysts, scouts, ex-players, GM’s... they’re all talking about him being way different and the best non-QB in the draft.

Brian Baldinger said he’s the best player that he’s seen coming out of college “in a long time”.

On 30 year NFL Scout said Pitts tracks the ball better than anyone he’s ever seen in 30 years of scouting.

Scott Pioli said he belongs in the top 5 picks.

It is everyone who knows what they’re looking at saying these things.

He is just different. Anyone comparing him to OJ Howard, Engram, Ebron, etc. hasn’t really been paying attention.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Pitts is fools gold... I've been going back and forth between Surtain and Parsons...But if both of them are on the board I'll take Parsons. The defense needs play makers, disrupters, dawgs.. Surtain is calm and steady.. I can see the opposing QB pointing to Parsons and saying he's the mike!

cnuball21

Reaction score
This whole Pitts over Surtain thing is crazy. Our defense suuuucks. I look at it this way. With last year's roster, would we potentially have won more games last year if we had a great TE like Travis kelce, or having a pretty good but not great CB like marcus Peter's? I'd go with Peter's. It's amazing how people forget how many times we'd score and the defense would just let the other team walk down the field and score on us.

Yes, if we would’ve had our starting QB and a TE like Pitts we would’ve mopped up the division.