Twitter: Kyler Murray and Deandre Hopkins have favorable matchup Week 6

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
i am just hoping Arizona has several untimely turnovers like we do

It would sure help our cause. I'm hoping for that, also. We're capable of scoring a lot and so are they. It'll should be exciting.

phillycard

Reaction score
Forget about D-Hop and Kyler. I'm worried about Dalton and Gallup/Cooper/Lamb vs. anyone not named Patrick Peterson. Dre Kirkpatrick has been just serviceable. It's the rag tag assemblage after that that worries me crapless.

GORICO

Reaction score
As do I, I tend to agree with what one sports writer talked about which was from around the 2nd qrt on the Cowboys blitzed a lot both run blitzes as well as trying to get to Jones and had some success. I think we will see a heavy dose of Cowboy blitzes in this game. Of course if Murray makes us pay we likely will have to back off but Cowboys need to attack on defense and I think the blitz creates an aggressive mindset.

that murray has got some serious wiggle....even Jones for Giants was making us pay more than i thought i could

GORICO

Reaction score
People that havent watched Joy Sticks game, underestimate how dangerous he is when running with the ball.
If there ever was a defense that made Joy Stick Smile, its this Cowboys running with the Bulls D.
Just have to assign a spy for Murray, JS should pull the assignment.

typus----OR...we could send Arizona offense a picture of that badass cat fish and say this is what our defense starting catching this week....and maybe we can crush their psyche?...just a thought?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
that murray has got some serious wiggle....even Jones for Giants was making us pay more than i thought i could

Yes he is he is and very fast and athletic QB. He has also thrown 6 ints vs 8 TD passes thus far. Cowboys have to make him uncomfortable back there. I fully understand the risk of blitzing but unless we are able to get after him with only 4 guys I would advise sending a couple more and try to force him into mistakes.

GORICO

Reaction score
Yes he is he is and very fast and athletic QB. He has also thrown 6 ints vs 8 TD passes thus far. Cowboys have to make him uncomfortable back there. I fully understand the risk of blitzing but unless we are able to get after him with only 4 guys I would advise sending a couple more and try to force him into mistakes.

i can see your point..i did not know he through that many INT's...so i agree lets go forward with a ton of blitzing...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
i can see your point..i did not know he through that many INT's...so i agree lets go forward with a ton of blitzing...

Until or unless he hurts us by blitzing I would look to come after him and try to make him as uncomfortable as we can.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
typus----OR...we could send Arizona offense a picture of that badass cat fish and say this is what our defense starting catching this week....and maybe we can crush their psyche?...just a thought?
This D doesnt need a catfish pic, this defense just needs to practice, learn and evolve.
Im not bashing this defense potential, but it is time to man up and be responsible for individual assignments.
If this team can accomplish that, we may be able to compete this season.

GORICO

Reaction score
Until or unless he hurts us by blitzing I would look to come after him and try to make him as uncomfortable as we can.

right..if he makes us pay..which every team has made us pay in one respect or another...i am just so upset at our defense...no one saw this coming...even with the injuries we should not be this bad and its difficult for me

to use the Giants game to say our defense is turning around...we still gave up 34 to a team averaging 11.8 pts a game...kinda wish Jerry would get the old school "wild hair" and start firing coaches just to send a message

but that is probably not level head thinking

GORICO

Reaction score
This D doesnt need a catfish pic, this defense just needs to practice, learn and evolve.
Im not bashing this defense potential, but it is time to man up and be responsible for individual assignments.
If this team can accomplish that, we may be able to compete this season.

Typhus--- i realize no one on defense purposely goes into a game with mindset.."i am going to play crummy"....i think its coaching because we were never this bad even accounting for injuries....even last year during that stretch our defense was not playing well..they did not play this bad....i am convinced its the brand new defensive scheme...makes people have to think instead of reacting...we see this in so many of the players?....but what do i know..i just sit behind a computer
judging the cowboys

Doomsday101

Reaction score
right..if he makes us pay..which every team has made us pay in one respect or another...i am just so upset at our defense...no one saw this coming...even with the injuries we should not be this bad and its difficult for me

to use the Giants game to say our defense is turning around...we still gave up 34 to a team averaging 11.8 pts a game...kinda wish Jerry would get the old school "wild hair" and start firing coaches just to send a message

but that is probably not level head thinking

Not thrilled with defense either but I'm more interested in getting it turned around. Not expecting 85 bears to show up but I do think this group is capable of better than they have shown. If I did not believe that then there would be no reason to be upset with them. Why would I be upset if I felt they were all poor players to begin with?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Typhus--- i realize no one on defense purposely goes into a game with mindset.."i am going to play crummy"....i think its coaching because we were never this bad even accounting for injuries....even last year during that stretch our defense was not playing well..they did not play this bad....i am convinced its the brand new defensive scheme...makes people have to think instead of reacting...we see this in so many of the players?....but what do i know..i just sit behind a computer
judging the cowboys
You know more than you think you know, because you identify a very correctable issue on this defense.
Have injuries been an issue.. yes
Has every other team been served injuries.. yes
Can this defense overcome simple, basic, assignment, responsibility issues... we already began witnessing the correction last sunday.
This team isnt out of anything this season, this is the asterisk season if there ever was one.

GORICO

Reaction score
Not thrilled with defense either but I'm more interested in getting it turned around. Not expecting 85 bears to show up but I do think this group is capable of better than they have shown. If I did not believe that then there would be no reason to be upset with them. Why would I be upset if I felt they were all poor players to begin with?

Doomsday..you know man...that is how i like to think too....i think we can turn aournd on defense to be at least respectable...i even think we could get as good as 20th in the league....i remember before 2014 season i was speaking

with..oh man i forget names so easily..on talkin cowboys podcast...the fat bald haired retired scout dude?...anyway i remember when i called in and spoke to him during training camp...and i said what if we could get our defesne up

to 20th in the league...he said we make playoffs for sure...i think we ended that year with 14th rated defense..and Dez caught it

GORICO

Reaction score
You know more than you think you know, because you identify a very correctable issue on this defense.
Have injuries been an issue.. yes
Has every other team been served injuries.. yes
Can this defense overcome simple, basic, assignment, responsibility issues... we already began witnessing the correction last sunday.
This team isnt out of anything this season, this is the asterisk season if there ever was one.

total agreement...and we have seen seasons where teams appear run of the mill...like 2011 giants who were 6-6 at one point...go on to ball out and beat NE in super bowl....Typhus do you trust our coaches to not let their pride get in the way

and make adjustments that could make them look like their initial scheme was not wise...but made the adjustment for betterment of the team?

Roland

Reaction score
I would hope to see CB getting help over the top on Hopkins. Would not leave him in a one on one. However it will come down to DL being able to stop the run without having to bring up safety.
I would hope to see CB getting help over the top on Hopkins. Would not leave him in a one on one. However it will come down to DL being able to stop the run without having to bring up safety.
ouch, counting on our DL to stop the run does not sound promising to me. We are getting gashed up the gut and around the edges.

GORICO

Reaction score
Forget about D-Hop and Kyler. I'm worried about Dalton and Gallup/Cooper/Lamb vs. anyone not named Patrick Peterson. Dre Kirkpatrick has been just serviceable. It's the rag tag assemblage after that that worries me crapless.

oh man you are a Card fan?....and you are being real on cowboy chat about your concerns?....you know i feel Cards got robbed in super bowl against Steelers....i was rooting for them...the 2009 super bowl..when Larry Fitzgerald

caught that pass from Kurt Warner and ran it to the house with just a little time left ...i thought for sure Cards would win...then that miraculous catch by Santanio Holmes from Big Ben....I imagine it was like a dagger in the heart?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
total agreement...and we have seen seasons where teams appear run of the mill...like 2011 giants who were 6-6 at one point...go on to ball out and beat NE in super bowl....Typhus do you trust our coaches to not let their pride get in the way

and make adjustments that could make them look like their initial scheme was not wise...but made the adjustment for betterment of the team?
Thats all on MM,, this staff was brought in with MM endorsement, and honestly Im not going to sit on my high horse and say after just 5 games, with no preseason, that MM and staff should be judged just yet.
We have to give MM an opportunity to actually be a coach and build on something, anything.
Its too early is the simple answer.

Roland

Reaction score
judging the cowboys
judging the cowboys
coaching and new scheme, covid, no off season/ tc to speak of. I continue to see our D shifting after the O sets, LB trying to get to the correct alignment, CB pointing and looking confused, then bam, the play starts and what do you know, broken coverage, someone wide open. Reminds me of Ryans Defense (our guys could never grasp it). I understand that the D has to set up per the O, but dang, we just seem so out of sync Defensively.

GORICO

Reaction score
coaching and new scheme, covid, no off season/ tc to speak of. I continue to see our D shifting after the O sets, LB trying to get to the correct alignment, CB pointing and looking confused, then bam, the play starts and what do you know, broken coverage, someone wide open. Reminds me of Ryans Defense (our guys could never grasp it). I understand that the D has to set up per the O, but dang, we just seem so out of sync Defensively.

Roland--yes to all you stated...and its tearing me up....i did not choose to retire and all of a sudden have this Cowboy addiction....or.....maybe i did just that........dang the ol addictive personality.....but Roland my hope is our coaching regime would choose to be humble enough to admit mistakes and adjust accordingly...that is what MM said before this season...he spent last year studying and humbling himself..and he promised that he would not just choose a scheme
and force his players to play with in it...but that is exactly what they are doing on defense....i hope McCarthey remembers what he told us and pressures Nolan to adjust accordingly

phillycard

Reaction score
oh man you are a Card fan?....and you are being real on cowboy chat about your concerns?....you know i feel Cards got robbed in super bowl against Steelers....i was rooting for them...the 2009 super bowl..when Larry Fitzgerald

caught that pass from Kurt Warner and ran it to the house with just a little time left ...i thought for sure Cards would win...then that miraculous catch by Santanio Holmes from Big Ben....I imagine it was like a dagger in the heart?

GORICO, it was the greatest pain I've experienced in my life. When Fitz scored it was like touching the hem of God's garment. I had never experienced anything in my life, only to have it come crashing down to earth in minutes. I've been a fan for 42 years and I don't know if we'll ever get the chance again.