Kyler Murray not expect to play w/o a new deal

Motorola

Reaction score
I’m wondering if the Cardinals are completely sold on him. He was downright dreadful in the playoffs against the Rams. He’s very talented but low-key and doesn’t appear to have much leadership skills..
That was a concern with him after his rookie season with Arizona. Murray didn't have a locker room presence and was disengaged with teammates. During games, he was standoffish on the sidelines, and displayed poor body language after a bad play or unsuccessful series.
Going into 2020 he admitted he needed vast improvement in those areas.

However- following the Cardinals collapse this past season, the team and the player still have a chasm between them.
Longtime NFL reporter Chris Mortensen put out a tweet that out there in Glendale, Murray is described as "self-centered, immature, and a finger-pointer" --- countered by the QB stating he 'was embarrassed by the playoff loss to the Rams, is frustrated with the franchise, and thinks he is being famed as the scapegoat'.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That was a concern with him after his rookie season with Arizona. Murray didn't have a locker room presence and was disengaged with teammates. During games, he was standoffish on the sidelines, and displayed poor body language after a bad play or unsuccessful series.
Going into 2020 he admitted he needed vast improvement in those areas.

However- following the Cardinals collapse this past season, the team and the player still have a chasm between them.
Longtime NFL reporter Chris Mortensen put out a tweet that out there in Glendale, Murray is described as "self-centered, immature, and a finger-pointer" --- countered by the QB stating he 'was embarrassed by the playoff loss to the Rams, is frustrated with the franchise, and thinks he is being famed as the scapegoat'.

He’s pulling some of the stuff we’re seeing with Baker Mayfield. Mayfield is currently burning bridges and throwing his teammates under the bus. Murray hasn’t gone that far but he’s become frustrated. I believe the fans and the team are becoming frustrated with him. Not even the Dak haters on this board would rather have Murray.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Neither was worth the #1 overall pick in the draft and yet, here we are.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't care what the market is. Just because that's the market doesn't mean you have to sign your bum QB to it. Let him walk and let someone else waste money on him.

You know when it's acceptable to sign a QB to market value? When you have an actual talented QB that's worth it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
LOL.....they have a mess on their hands coz this kid has baseball options. This fact he's threatening to sit out.......man, this could get ugly, real fast. Then again, maybe he's trying to force his way out.

Smart on Murray's part. Career year. Small guy, likes to run. Get the money now before the leg snaps.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ok. There's a mountain of difference between Dak, Brees, and Rodgers. A good QB is entirely different than Brees and Rodgers. They won one SB each in their entire careers and you speak of a good QB.

We paid Dak not to win a SB. We paid him to keep the team popular and sell merchandise. To make the playoffs and be talked about. Not to win a SB. If I were the owner I may like that too. As a fan, not into it.

@nightrain is right though. You need to be in the tournament to have a chance and there's always a chance. That's what teams are paying for. Who had Stafford as a Super Bowl QB before this year?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FQZ2Vm6WYAAUQLO

THANK YOU JERRY!!!!!!!!!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s not a mess if they get the deal done…why wouldn’t you want to sign him?
how bout because he is about to play his FOURTH season, and then the team can exercise a 5th year option on him and get him cheap still. Dont we always hear how important it is to have that QB in his first deal because it is cheap? If IM Joe Burrow and the cards give Tyler a new deal before this season starts, Id be telling the Bengals I wont be playing the following year without a contract either.

Why have a CBA with rules tat allow a team to operate under some form of structure that can allow them time each year, looking ahead to contracts, to keep the cap under control. The Cowboys didnt have the option of telling Cooper that they were going to sit him until he agreed to take a pay cut, so players shouldnt be able to do it either. Cards better hold their ground.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why isn't anyone shocked he's asking for an extension with 2 years left on his contract? This is when good players expect to be extended..
wrong... they expect to e extended with 1 year left, not 2. and he isnt top 5 worth opening the vault for.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't care what games he shows or doesn't show up for - I'm not a Cards fan. But I AM a Cowboys fan and care what games Dak has shown up for. So I say again, if #4 would show up for big games, games like their last playoff game, people wouldn't talk so much crap about him.
bingo

Rayman70

Reaction score
Smart on Murray's part. Career year. Small guy, likes to run. Get the money now before the leg snaps.
smart YES, yet is a prime example of todays athlete and the tail wagging the dog. Its the owners fault really. We kinda knew this was coming with Kyler. Its been building. Lets see what they do come draft day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
wrong... they expect to e extended with 1 year left, not 2. and he isnt top 5 worth opening the vault for.
^this. Kyler made clear he doesn't wanna be there, hes bulldogging them. This has little abut him wanting more money. He wants out of dodge. The market is limited at this time. Draft day might be interesting.Trade?

Motorola

Reaction score
He’s pulling some of the stuff we’re seeing with Baker Mayfield. Mayfield is currently burning bridges and throwing his teammates under the bus. Murray hasn’t gone that far but he’s become frustrated. I believe the fans and the team are becoming frustrated with him. Not even the Dak haters on this board would rather have Murray.
Mayfield and Murray are currently in limbo....Baker coming off an injury combined with butthurt psyche; Kyler coming up short (pun intended) on the field -again - yet demanding the big payday too early.
Stay tuned for how these two soap operas play out.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mayfield and Murray are currently in limbo....Baker coming off an injury combined with butthurt psyche; Kyler coming up short (pun intended) on the field -again - yet demanding the big payday too early.
Stay tuned for hoe these two soap operas play out.

Mayfield is in limbo he lost his starting job and other teams don’t seem to be interested in trading for him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mayfield is in limbo he lost his starting job and other teams don’t seem to be interested in trading for him.
CLE must have been oine of the teams that didn't bother to watch his antics on the sideline at OU. There wasn't a wet eye in Lubbock when he left there.

Most teams don't mind the QB being the QB, just don't act like it off the field.

Motorola

Reaction score
Ran through the 32 teams in my mind quickly ....other than Seattle - I don't see any viable landing spot for him (although some have mentioned the two Pennsylvania franchises and the one in North Carolina).
Perhaps that team down in the bayou?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
CLE must have been oine of the teams that didn't bother to watch his antics on the sideline at OU. There wasn't a wet eye in Lubbock when he left there.

Most teams don't mind the QB being the QB, just don't act like it off the field.

The incident he had with the police where he attempted to run and had to be tackled was enough to keep me away from him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ran through the 32 teams in my mind quickly ....other than Seattle - I don't see any viable landing spot for him (although some have mentioned the two Pennsylvania franchises and the one in North Carolina).
Perhaps that team down in the bayou?

The way he’s burning bridges in Cleveland and throwing his teammates under the bus may keep him from having a shot with another team but eventually someone will give him a shot. Teams are going to be leery about bringing him into their locker room. He’s had an up-and-down career and he’s not helping himself right now with the comments he’s making.