Twitter: La’el Collins contract re-worked

conner01

Reaction score
Numbers in the article have to be wrong. Can't see why they would rework a contract just to spread 150K over 2 years. That's pocket change.
Probably a zero missing atleast lol
Nice catch

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or to just cover the cost new urinal deodorants at the Star. They just moved $150,000 from 2018 salary into a signing bonus, which now spreads over 2 years. I don't think $75,000 less on the 2018 cap is going to make or break what we do in FA.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is not about cap space, lol.
This is basically a a favor to a player. Cut him a check today instead of making him wait on game checks.

The dude got paid $5 million last year ($4 million signing bonus + $1 million base salary). If he is that desperate for cash in less than a year, $150K isn't going to do much. They need to get him some help.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
The dude got paid $5 million last year ($4 million signing bonus + $1 million base salary). If he is that desperate for cash in less than a year, $150K isn't going to do much. They need to get him some help.
I’m gonna trust the cap experts on this one until proven otherwise...

“Obviously $75,000 is not going to give the Cowboys the space they need to chase a player like Sammy Watkins or Jarvis Landry at wide receiver. But every little bit counts, and the Cowboys wouldn't have created extra space if they didn't have a plan for it. The Cowboys made this move for a reason. We'll find out what that reason is soon.”

I certainly don’t believe it had anything to do with Collins desperate for cash.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The faster you can put that money into smart investments... the longer he'll be solvent after football.
I hope he goes that route.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’m gonna trust the cap experts on this one until proven otherwise...

“Obviously $75,000 is not going to give the Cowboys the space they need to chase a player like Sammy Watkins or Jarvis Landry at wide receiver. But every little bit counts, and the Cowboys wouldn't have created extra space if they didn't have a plan for it. The Cowboys made this move for a reason. We'll find out what that reason is soon.”

I certainly don’t believe it had anything to do with Collins desperate for cash.
I think we are freeing up money to try to keep our own players rather than chase Free agents .

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
More cooking the books from Stephen Jones.

Won't matter in the short term.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Cowboys are so against free agency they balk at any opportunity to create cap room.

or

The rumors of Stephen Jones thinking that he gets to pocket all remaining cap room personally are true and $150k is as much as he was willing to give up.

Weird, weird move.