La Canfora, Fitzpatrick trade expected tomorrow to Steelers **updated**

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We've spent the last couple days talking about a trade of Fitzpatrick, the safety. How the hell you guys would think that sorry azz QB with the same last name would any interest on this board? :facepalm::lmao2:

There are many Dak haters on this board. They would trade Fitzpatrick (Safety) to come play as QB for us so they can finally cheer for Cowboys.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm not mad at it.

To beat Pittsburgh's deal we probably would have offered the 1st (instead of 2nd), a 3rd (instead of the 5th), and Taco and that seems like a lot.

My math assumes Pittsburgh is drafting around 17th (same as Baltimore last year) and we're drafting 27th (same as Eagles last year). The difference is 270 points or the value of a late 2nd round pick. So we throw in the 3rd (136 points) and we're still about a 3rd (134 points)short. Taco at 3rd round value is really ambitious of us. So honestly, probably would have needed to be a 1st and a 2nd, Taco included wouldn't matter at that point.

I love Minkah but I'm not sure I 1st-and-2nd-round-pick-love Minkah.

Good analysis...............I agree, a 1st AND 2nd would be way too much for Minkah. That is the type of haul that franchise players are traded for and while he is awfully good, Minkah is not a franchise player.

For that type of draft capital, we could land a blue chip pass rusher to put opposite DLaw. That would make way more sense that trading two premium picks for a hybrid S/CB.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
They'll get a 1st for Fitzpatrick and probably more.
Your right. He is definitely worth a 1st round pick. That would be a bottom 3rd of the 1st round for the Cowboys. Plus he is on his rookie deal for 4 years. Too bad the Steelers finally grew a pair to make a trade. The Dolphins are betting the Steelers tank without Big Ben because he would have been out the conference in Dallas. Being good hurt us in this deal.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
That’s a strange move by Pittsburgh... Top 10, even top 5 potential pick given up.
Miami are going to have some great picks in next years draft.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Pittsburgh was at best a .500 team with Ben. But you can say this trade isn’t about this year as much as for the next few years. Which is why I would have been comfortable using a first to get it done

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
What Pittsburgh needs is a new head coach.

What a terrible trade for them. They must think Rudolph is their next franchise QB otherwise they just passed on one for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Steelers are crazy. That may be a top 5 pick and they could have got a qb of the future there.