Twitter: LaCanfora: Keep an eye on Watson to the Eagles

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
They playing that on the radio in Philly area. That would suck, but got to hand it to them, if they do make that move.

conner01

Reaction score
Of NO can sign players 70 million over, then anything is possible lol
They’ve parted ways with players too
And it’s all about what a deal costs now and Watson is 10 mil this year and 35 next year
I personally don’t think he gets traded anywhere or Russell Wilson either but we shall see

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's La Canfora.

His articles about the NFCE always have an Eagles bent to them and he's not exactly the most accurate. And if you read the article, it seems half his "sources" don't think there's much to it.

LOL.
It does make sense to me. They aren't a complete team, but Watson puts them in the playoffs. Including Hurts, the value of #6 and having picks from Indy helps them pull off this trade and still have some picks to improve weakness. They just gotta hit those day 2's and hope Wentz conveys to a 1st.

Id offer two firsts and Hurts. May the 3rd they got from Indy to get it done. I think that's a solid package for Watson

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is all RUMOR

he and russ continue to be headline in rumor mill and well its just nothing right now, like eating lettuce..

if these guys are truly available Chicago would have had them already, the eagles are the least in postion to get one..yet Dalton and Fitz get picked up and why does Winston get resigned, if there were any truth to russ and Watson being available these teams would have went after them..same with NE i mean they have been in a feeding frenzy setting an nfl first 2 day spending record and need a QB..

seriousy..id be shocked if either left.

owners are setting a bad precedent by allowing it , i make both these guys okay or sit and give money back, im not lettings either go with publics display of them to pay back the bonus and guaranteed money already paid before seeking trade, so it comes out of their own pockets, not the new teams..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They’ve parted ways with players too
And it’s all about what a deal costs now and Watson is 10 mil this year and 35 next year
I personally don’t think he gets traded anywhere or Russell Wilson either but we shall see
Idk man, the Watson situation just seems like it might now be repairable.

I don't see Wilson going anywhere though

Bigdog

Reaction score
It does make sense to me. They aren't a complete team, but Watson puts them in the playoffs. Including Hurts, the value of #6 and having picks from Indy helps them pull off this trade and still have some picks to improve weakness. They just gotta hit those day 2's and hope Wentz conveys to a 1st.

Id offer two firsts and Hurts. May the 3rd they got from Indy to get it done. I think that's a solid package for Watson
I think Carolina already set as a baseline of what compensation would be and that won’t even be close. They offered 3 1’s, McCaffeey, really good DE, a couple of other picks and I believe Bridgewater, but it was turned down. I don’t think the Eagles have the players to even send to Houston for what they want.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’ll be absolutely shocked. I give it a zero percent chance of happening. It reeks of desperation on LaConfora’s part to get attention.

I'm hoping you are 100% correct but I doubt he's making it up. We'll see but as mentioned earlier, it would not surprise me at all, especially from Roseman.

If I'm Watson, I'd want no part of it.......nothing left after paying for the trade.