Twitter: LaCanfora: Keep an eye on Watson to the Eagles

ghst187

Reaction score
I would really hate that a lot.
But it might mean Pitts falls to us at the ten pick...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What the ........, I say bring it! (lol) Has Howie Roseman written all over it. Maybe three 1st's, and Hurt min

There's a move that would cause much consternation on this forum. Dallas and their $40 million QB could find themselves battling the Giants for last place in the East.

J-man

Reaction score
I could see them giving 2 1st, 2 2nds, Hurts and Ertz

Bigdog

Reaction score
If Carolina truly offered that and the Texans turned it down then they're even dumber than we all thought. Which is definitely saying something because at the moment their FO is dumber than the Cowboys.
That is what was reported

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Carolina truly offered that and the Texans turned it down then they're even dumber than we all thought. Which is definitely saying something because at the moment their FO is dumber than the Cowboys.

The Texans aren't entertaining any offers. Word is the Panthers have put together a package IF/WHEN the Texans change their mind.

dckid

Reaction score
What the ........, I say bring it! (lol) Has Howie Roseman written all over it. Maybe three 1st's, and Hurt min

If they pull it off Kudos to them. At least they are swinging for the fences.
I would rather shoot and miss then not try at all.
Teams like the Rams, Saints, Eagles at least try. Knocking on the door eventually leads to you getting in.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Did Philly get under the cap? If not they cannot trade or sign anyone.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
you have to be under the cap to enter the league new year

That does not answer my question. So you are saying they are under the cap? Have a link?

I know there are fines and possibly losing draft picks and contracts being voided if a teams exceeds the hard cap. I do not know what happens if a team is not under the cap when the new league year begins.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Watson must agree to any trade due to no trade clause.
I seriously doubt he’s willing to go anywhere that has shown the distinction he is trying to escape. Philly has never committed to the run game or to providing QBs with receivers.

Verdict

Reaction score
Exactly ....1000%

With 6th overall pick and Hurt, who knows but I'm wondering how they can carry Watson AND Wentz's cap hit

If I’m Houston, I’m probably flipping Watson for Hurts the Eagles early first round pick and another first round pick the following year. Hurts is a very similar player to Watson without the contract, the drama and vitriol.

Verdict

Reaction score
Watson must agree to any trade due to no trade clause.
I seriously doubt he’s willing to go anywhere that has shown the distinction he is trying to escape. Philly has never committed to the run game or to providing QBs with receivers.

On the other hand, if he wants out, he is going to have to loosen up and grant some concessions. He doesn’t make sense for every team.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That does not answer my question. So you are saying they are under the cap? Have a link?

I know there are fines and possibly losing draft picks and contracts being voided if a teams exceeds the hard cap. I do not know what happens if a team is not under the cap when the new league year begins.

EVERY team has to be under the salary cap at the league new year. It’s not optional, there aren’t fines or draft pick penalizations associated with missing it because it cannot be missed.

For a team to exceed the salary cap upon the new year, that would be considered gross negligence and the franchise would go into a 7 day arbitration window in which the league would intervene with their day-to-day operations to assure they comply with league standards.

no team in the salary cap era has ever been that inept, everyone makes it every year. every salary cap situation has easy outs... even if it means trading star players or giving away picks to incentivize other teams taking on bad contracts, a la Brock Osweiler.

So yes, Philly was well under the cap and has more than 10m in cap space right now. People need to stop looking at third party websites and making knee jerk assumptions on what a team can and can’t do

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
EVERY team has to be under the salary cap at the league new year. It’s not optional, there aren’t fines or draft pick penalizations associated with missing it because it cannot be missed.

For a team to exceed the salary cap upon the new year, that would be considered gross negligence and the franchise would go into a 7 day arbitration window in which the league would intervene with their day-to-day operations to assure they comply with league standards.

no team in the salary cap era has ever been that inept, every salary cap situation has easy outs... even if it means trading star players or giving away picks to incentivize other teams taking on bad contracts, a la Brock Osweiler.

So yes, Philly was well under the cap and has more than 10m in cap space right now. People need to stop looking at third party websites and making knee jerk assumptions on what a team can and can’t do

I asked for a link for confirmation. Do you have one? Why do you think I was asking if Philly was under the cap? Perhaps because I did not want to depend on a 3rd party site?

Either way all teams have until 1 PM PT to get under the cap.

Sydla

Reaction score

no team in the salary cap era has ever been that inept, every salary cap situation has easy outs... even if it means trading star players or giving away picks to incentivize other teams taking on bad contracts, a la Brock Osweiler.

Where you getting 10 million? You assuming savings from Ertz in the future?

Reports from the beats in Philly says they are now around $2 million under the cap.