Twitter: LaCanfora: Keep an eye on Watson to the Eagles

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Where you getting 10 million? You assuming savings from Ertz in the future?

Reports from the beats in Philly says they are now around $2 million under the cap.

Yeah that figure could be from ertz and Jeffery/Malik, future moves you’re right. I see where youre saying 2m.

also Barnett is another cap windfall, he’s on his 1 year, 10m$ fifth year option. We could extend him to save a bunch of that, or just outright trade him to save all of it, and the suddenly we’re at 20m.

I don’t think we’re getting Deshaun, but we could just rip up the old deal and resign him to one that’s obscenely backloaded

Creeper

Reaction score
They better start cutting some players

The Eagles are still more than $14 million over the CAP. Even if they trade Ertz they only get about $5 million save. If the designate him a June 1 cut they save $8.5 million but they are still over the cap. The highest salary in 2021 if Fletcher Cox at $15 million. They can restructure him to save about $11 million but that is a huge risk for a DT who is already 31 and I think slowing down a little. Plus it makes his CAP number next year balloon to almost $30 million.

Watson would add to the problem. Although, the Eagles only take on his salary which they could quickly restructure to bonus and spread the cost out reducing his 2021 CAP number to about $3 million.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles are still more than $14 million over the CAP. Even if they trade Ertz they only get about $5 million save. If the designate him a June 1 cut they save $8.5 million but they are still over the cap. The highest salary in 2021 if Fletcher Cox at $15 million. They can restructure him to save about $11 million but that is a huge risk for a DT who is already 31 and I think slowing down a little. Plus it makes his CAP number next year balloon to almost $30 million.

Watson would add to the problem. Although, the Eagles only take on his salary which they could quickly restructure to bonus and spread the cost out reducing his 2021 CAP number to about $3 million.

They are not. They are now around $2 million under the cap per most reports (don't use Spotrac or Over the Cap as they are not completely updated).

They have a few moves left to make that could free up more space but not a whole lot.

Creeper

Reaction score
They are not. They are now around $2 million under the cap per most reports (don't use Spotrac or Over the Cap as they are not completely updated).

They have a few moves left to make that could free up more space but not a whole lot.

So what source is up to date?

Redline360

Reaction score
Why would he leave one dysfunction team to go to another? Not going to happen

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
This will not happen...but if it does, Howie will gladly get rid of Hurts, a Lurie pick forced upon him.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Almost afraid to post in here..anyhow, so trade Wentz, Hurts (on a rookie contract, and for whom you traded Wentz to hand over the franchise to) and trade for a guy under sexual assault investigation and whose salary baloons to $41,000,000 next year or something?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I doubt any team will trade for Watson with the legal issues pending. Potentially it is up 6 lawsuits.