Twitter: LaCanfora: Keep an eye on Watson to the Eagles

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think Carolina already set as a baseline of what compensation would be and that won’t even be close. They offered 3 1’s, McCaffeey, really good DE, a couple of other picks and I believe Bridgewater, but it was turned down. I don’t think the Eagles have the players to even send to Houston for what they want.

I was wondering about this........know the word out is Panthers owner has told his people to WHATEVER necessary to make it happen. In other words, they will not be outbid.......

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Philthy doesn't have close to the resources to pry Watson away from Houston.................Not gonna' happen

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If I am Houston, I would want the #6 pick, Hurts, Fletcher Cox, and the pick the Eagles got for Wentz from the Colts.

If the Eagles don’t want to throw in Cox or can’t because of the cap, then I will accept the addition of the Eagles’ 2022 first rounder.

As a Cowboy fan, I would love to see the Eagles give up a boatload of picks/players for Watson.

Bigdog

Reaction score
this is all RUMOR

he and russ continue to be headline in rumor mill and well its just nothing right now, like eating lettuce..

if these guys are truly available Chicago would have had them already, the eagles are the least in postion to get one..yet Dalton and Fitz get picked up and why does Winston get resigned, if there were any truth to russ and Watson being available these teams would have went after them..same with NE i mean they have been in a feeding frenzy setting an nfl first 2 day spending record and need a QB..

seriousy..id be shocked if either left.

owners are setting a bad precedent by allowing it , i make both these guys okay or sit and give money back, im not lettings either go with publics display of them to pay back the bonus and guaranteed money already paid before seeking trade, so it comes out of their own pockets, not the new teams..
Reminds of the song by the Timex Social Club, Rumors. The first line says How do rumors get started. They are started by the jealous people. They get mad at something they had and somebody else is holding.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hoping you are 100% correct but I doubt he's making it up. We'll see but as mentioned earlier, it would not surprise me at all, especially from Roseman.

If I'm Watson, I'd want no part of it.......nothing left after paying for the trade.

Look no further than LaConfora’s recent track record on ‘insider news’. He has none. He’s been cut out of the loop and now resorts to throwing things out and hoping they happen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Reminds of the song by the Timex Social Club, Rumors. The first line says How do rumors get started. They are started by the jealous people. They get mad at something they had and somebody else is holding.

True,

truthfully they shouldnt even be allowed in this area of zone , im growing tired of it..

If watson cant win more then 4 games with texans how does he feel about the cap strapped and under talented Eagles? you think he makes them better as TEAM..doubt it hate to play him twice year but truly he won 4 games with similar team..whos blocking in front of him, running behind him, his targets? heck the eagles floated rumor that ertz is on the block..sounds like the Texans roster to me..

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think Carolina already set as a baseline of what compensation would be and that won’t even be close. They offered 3 1’s, McCaffeey, really good DE, a couple of other picks and I believe Bridgewater, but it was turned down. I don’t think the Eagles have the players to even send to Houston for what they want.

If Carolina truly offered that and the Texans turned it down then they're even dumber than we all thought. Which is definitely saying something because at the moment their FO is dumber than the Cowboys.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
La Canfora is an Eagles homer and likely just wishful thinking on his end. Philly does not have the cap room to take on Watson's contract.

jujoboys

Reaction score
You d
They better start cutting some players
You do realize that Watson only has a $10.5 million base salary this year. Any team that trades for him can convert that salary into a bonus leaving him with a $1 million salary for 2021. The $9.5 million bonus can be spread out over the 5 years left on his contract so he would basically count $3 million on the CAP for 2021. The Eagles could easily restructure one contract and take care of that. Next year Wentz isn't counting against them so they would be good.

Motorola

Reaction score
this is all RUMOR

he and russ continue to be headline in rumor mill and well its just nothing right now, like eating lettuce..

if these guys are truly available Chicago would have had them already, the eagles are the least in postion to get one..yet Dalton and Fitz get picked up and why does Winston get resigned, if there were any truth to russ and Watson being available these teams would have went after them..same with NE i mean they have been in a feeding frenzy setting an nfl first 2 day spending record and need a QB..

seriousy..id be shocked if either left.

owners are setting a bad precedent by allowing it , i make both these guys okay or sit and give money back, im not lettings either go with publics display of them to pay back the bonus and guaranteed money already paid before seeking trade, so it comes out of their own pockets, not the new teams..
The Goff for Stafford swap, the Wentz exit, Watson's declaration, and Wilson's public pouting is inciting the sports media to look here and everywhere around the league for QB moves... and start rumors and speculation.

RS12

Reaction score
If Roseman could pull it off that would be pretty incredible actually. To go from one extreme the Wentz albatross, to the other extreme Watson in one of season? I d be impressed.

ksg811

Reaction score
The Eagles can make it happen. Watson would only count $10.5 million against the cap. They've gotten themselves about $5 million under the cap and have another $4.9 million coming once they trade Ertz and another $10 million if/when they cut Barnett's 5th year option or they could extend him cut that cap hit down significantly. They have additional moves they could make to cut cap even further.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
So Dak may go from the best QB in the division to 3rd in a matter of days?