Twitter: La'el Collins cleared to practice

GINeric

Reaction score
Cooper didn't throw the ball to himself, a guy named Dak did that, and I've seen boat loads of tape of Cooper wide open yet Dak was throwing somewhere else......Raiders was coached by who again, oh yeah the Clown who was fired and out of the league that many Cowboy fans wanted Jerry to Hire, Gruden

Dak isn't the only quarterback to have missed an open receiver. With that said, I've seen boat loads of tape of Amari getting shut down and getting his heart taken by good, NOT great cornerbacks and disappearing in big games and away games.

There's a reason the Raiders didn't keep him around.... and neither did we.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Apparently LC and Coop were everyone’s favorite players based on how much their updates keep being brought up, but no one has yet to say they’re sad Randy Gregory is gone. If there was a shot at keeping one of the three, I probably would have picked Gregory. The only one of the three who was starting to peak.

Creeper

Reaction score
While we are on the subject of Collins, so far the Raiders lost OT Brandon Parker to injury and the Jets lost Mekhi Becton for the season. The Jet signed Duane Brown. We will probably see more injuries before the season starts.

I would have been nice if the Cowboys kept Collins so they could offer him as trade bait when teams are desperate to find a starting RT? How much would the Jets have given in a trade for Collins? They signed Brown to a 2 year deal worth over $11 million per year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
While we are on the subject of Collins, so far the Raiders lost OT Brandon Parker to injury and the Jets lost Mekhi Becton for the season. The Jet signed Duane Brown. We will probably see more injuries before the season starts.

I would have been nice if the Cowboys kept Collins so they could offer him as trade bait when teams are desperate to find a starting RT? How much would the Jets have given in a trade for Collins? They signed Brown to a 2 year deal worth over $11 million per year.

Collins was due 10 million in base for 2022.

One of the reasons he’s gone.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Cooper didn't throw the ball to himself, a guy named Dak did that, and I've seen boat loads of tape of Cooper wide open yet Dak was throwing somewhere else......Raiders was coached by who again, oh yeah the Clown who was fired and out of the league that many Cowboy fans wanted Jerry to Hire, Gruden

yup.

Coop was good for 60 catches and 20 mill base.

Collins was due 10 mill and never made a Pro Bowl.

RGreg was a druggie who never made it.

we good without them.

quickccc

Reaction score
The Cooper trade is right there with it. The value received plus seeing how easily the Browns restructured the deal Dallas said was so oppressive. Then add in the way the WR group looks as of August 10, 2022.

Both are in a tight race though.

Cooper has made the Pro Bowl under two different NFL teams ,.. yet those NFL teams wanted him off their roster ..what gives ?

slick325

Reaction score
Cooper has made the Pro Bowl under two different NFL teams ,.. yet those NFL teams wanted him off their roster ..what gives ?

He definitely is not an innocent party in this. His personality or work ethic or "want to" rubs some the wrong way I guess. Jon Gruden/his staff and McCarthy/his staff clearly have had problems with Cooper.

Both exits seem personal versus production or talent based.

Creeper

Reaction score
Collins was due 10 million in base for 2022.

One of the reasons he’s gone.

Understood, and if they traded him in August they still would get the CAP save and not be on the hook for his salary. The difference is they would get draft capital for him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
yup.

we good without them.

I think Collins deserved to go the year before he got hurt. He was probably our best lineman that year, finally settling in at right tackle. The high level of play was shortlived, though, going away because of injury, suspension, etc.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
yup.

we good without them.

Collins may not have made the probowl, but he is better than Steel when healthy and could have been an important part of the oline. Our oline is our #1 issue. Our FO did nothing to help and we don't have a reliable oline coach.