News: La'el Collins has a Torn Ligament in his Toe

Slim_JD

Reaction score
You know he only got blown up by a line backer because his toe was messed up already

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Remember all the "trade leary" crowd. They will be very quiet now.
no. they will go yell at someone else now.

vocal people are always vocal they just shift with whatever they need to scream about.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Made me laugh. But I need to point out that while I am and was happy that the FO kept Leary, I think it's fair to say that many among the trade Leary crowd were also members of "we need a pass rush" crowd and viewed Leary as one of the more marketable assets towards that goal. I can't argue against that motivation one bit after watching the first 3 games.

But yes. Happy we had the foresight to keep him or at least they didn't get an offer compelling enough to move him. Don't ant to give this FO too much credit.

Nav22

Reaction score
Collins is seeking other opinions on his toe. Hoping to avoid surgery.

lostar2009

Reaction score
For once JJ played the cards right by keeping both guards. This teams has too many injuries.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Just a reminder of how good Leary can be, this is from 2014 Seattle game where he takes out 3 Seattle defenders while pulling.

His power in the running game is fantastic. Its his mental lapses in the passing game that I think cost him his spot. I am pulling for the guy, not sure coming off injury last year he deserved to lose his job but its understandable why they made the change.

coult44

Reaction score

This was the first thing i thought about when I heard this yesterday. All the fantasy GMs on this board wanted us to trade Leary and a second rounder for Gabbert or Bradford. Honestly, at this point in their careers, Leary is probably a little better than Collins, and it's great to have this kind of depth. As long as Smith comes back, we are in great shape.