Lael Collins out on boat this morning

MikeB80

Reaction score
Yeah I get where you’re coming from, for sure. Comparable to Romo and Witten’s Cabo trip.

Definitely doesn’t look good, but it is what it is, ya know?

He should have come to camp in better shape, too. Might not be injured now if he had.

Its nothing like Cabo. Wade Phillips instructed the team to all get away from football completely for the weekend. Spears went hunting in LA, Newman visited family in Kansas if I remember correctly. The team practiced wed thursday and friday morning. Romo-Witten-Carpenter and their gf/wives flew to Cabo that night and were back sunday. All were at the facility monday morning for prep for the Giants.

Collins is on IR and wont play this week which means he wont practice so he is just rehabbing.

Dak and Zeke went out and partied after the team christmas party in 2016 and were cracking open champagne with the ladies on the monday night on the week of a game. The game was at NY and NY was good and in the hunt for the east. Dak played like garbage and they got beat on that next sunday. this is more similar to that but again Collins is just rehabbing

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
you are VERY wrong but hey i an saluting you rights now .. what a tool!

in the offseason he can do what he wants but this dude came in out of shape, gets hurt goes on IR and pout fishing while he makes 12mil a year

think before you speak..i have tons of hobbies and run my own business and not hurting anyone..this dude doesnt even bother to wear a mask outside a bubble risking bringing rona back to the team.. SAD you and him

He's not going to bring the "Rona" back to the team, he will undergo testing way before he come back to the team. If he has it, he had it, if he does not he does not, and I would bet he will not have the dreaded "Rona"! Anything else in the World that is scaring you? smh

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is it a day off for the players? If so, not so bad. If its not, he should be rehabbing and preparing to be back on the the active roster. It his job to get himself ready to earn his paycheck.
I would guess they are off today.
The Rams are...not sure on Dallas

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t even see it as bad optics. Maybe the week before he came back but the guy can’t move very well right now. As long as he’s doing his required rehab work, I don’t think it’s a big deal. We fans sometimes treat these guys like they can’t have any real life.

:clap:Hell, dude could have worked out before going fishing. Using a couple of photos imagines questioning his character or work ethic is reaching a bit.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
if this was zeke he would never hear the end of it here..I mean Romo and Witten go to Cabo on a [playoff bye and never lived it down, this dudes on IR for HIP and is crawling in and out of boat after being accused of not coming into camp in shape.. it looks bad.,.
Beat me to the "Cabo" analogy. It truly has become a cliche within Cowboy fandom.

bigE79

Reaction score
aside from no masks out in public with strangers, not good look either way..

again if this was zeke hed be being fried here ,called immature and selfish.. LC no thats ok..
Everyone knows this is true,no one wants to admit it.

Proof

Reaction score
Everyone knows this is true,no one wants to admit it.

zeke has a long list of foolish / selfish / irresponsible activities, so yeah he’d prolly catch a little more flack. Just how it is. I personally wouldn’t care either way, as I don’t with La’el, but easily could see it with zeke

bigE79

Reaction score
zeke has a long list of foolish / selfish / irresponsible activities, so yeah he’d prolly catch a little more flack. Just how it is. I personally wouldn’t care either way, as I don’t with La’el, but easily could see it with zeke
Fair enough.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Beat me to the "Cabo" analogy. It truly has become a cliche within Cowboy fandom.

Just think that only became a story because the New York writers were fishing for dirt on Romo and or Jerry. As soon as NY beat Tampa and knew they were coming here it got blown out of proportion and has its own like pop culture. The new york writers made a big deal out of it...(They also brought a Jessica Simpson impersonator to texas stadium and took pictures of her as a jinx on Romo) it went from the NY writers to ESPN and specifically Mike Wilbon who clutched his pearls everyday for a week about it.

It was the exact drama the NY writers were looking for. They also made up a story that got to the fox pregame about Jerry passing out NFC Championship game tickets in the locker room which did not happen. Coughlin said in the locker room after the game tell Jerry he wont need the tickets.......

The whole Cabo thing had Zero to do with the game and none of the players cared about it. It sucks that it was Jessica Simpsons father who leaked the photo and the story as promotional nonsense for his daughter.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Striper, Crappie, and Blue Cat fishing are all known to be wonderful for hip problems. It's the gentle rocking motion. Stripper fishing on the other hand can be tough as hell on your hips.

cern

Reaction score
Judging only by the photos, he didn't appear to be out of shape. 4 years ago i went to the keys and fished with a broken ankle. Just had surgery. Wore a boot. Lots of grouper and snapper. You heal faster if you move around.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The only bad optic there is keeping all of those little fish!

Otherwise you people being critics are just silly.

Can't have a life?

Not during the season, not while you are supposedly hurt and on IR. At best, not great optics. At worst, reflects very poorly on the player.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Knight and Erving both smiling....
Maybe even chomping at the bit...
Not many wide openings on this roster,, but its a chance to show you can play in this league and start..
Good luck to who ever can challenge.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
:clap:Hell, dude could have worked out before going fishing. Using a couple of photos imagines questioning his character or work ethic is reaching a bit.

But what if he showed up to practice like this?

eli-manning-drag-on-snl.jpg

TheCritic

Reaction score
Lest we forget that it was bad optics that made it possible for the Cowboys to sign Collins as a free agent in the first place. But honestly I'm not worried about it. Kellen Moore will put Collins in his place and McCarthy will support Kellen 100%. Simple as that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t even see it as bad optics. Maybe the week before he came back but the guy can’t move very well right now. As long as he’s doing his required rehab work, I don’t think it’s a big deal. We fans sometimes treat these guys like they can’t have any real life.

As a fan I want them to have a real life about 1 day a week during the season and that’s the day after we play.