La'el Collins reinstated

Bluedocd

Reaction score
What I’m loving about Steele is he’s got some nasty that we’ve seen throughout the years from a lot of our RT’s. Eric Williams, Colombo, etc
Yep, and that's a little what a offensive line needs. I do wonder if he can play LG. If he can, they should try him there and see what happens.

krimson

Reaction score
Dallas needs to get their best 5 on the field.

The way I heard Jerry Jones talk this morning it didn’t sound like he was in any hurry to get Steele off the field but he admitted they usually give guys their job back when they return from injury and made a comment that both could be on the field.

So we’ll see.

Really? Romo didn't get his job after his injury.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey on a different note- DOES ANYBODY know who the guy was that replaced T. Smith for a few snaps?
The guy looked like he was a born LT and from the limited action I saw he played well. Might be Smith's replacement.....
It was Ty Nsechke (sp?)

ultron

Reaction score
Did Collins do ‘his job’ these past 5 weeks? Well? And why not? This should be good, real good.

What exactly was Collins doing these past 5 weeks? Collins turned on the team and the fans and you are rolling out the red carpet for his triumphant return.
Are you kidding. None of us even know the whole story - this is a classic example of 2 people looking at the same situation with totally different opinions.

If you believe that he bribed the test collector, then he was doing that so he wouldn’t get suspended; which would harm this team. Then he was suspended and they lowered his suspension to 2 games & he fought to not get suspended at all (in hopes he would be here for the team).

How is THAT turning on the team and fans?! Keep in mind this man was screwed over big time and lost 10’s of millions of dollars because he was accused of murdering his ex a few days before his draft. Then a few days after the draft they discovered he had nothing to do with it and all 32 teams wanted him and HE chose the Cowboys.

Sorry but I’m not turning on La’el just because Steele had some good games & did his job in his absence.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Are you kidding. None of us even know the whole story - this is a classic example of 2 people looking at the same situation with totally different opinions.

If you believe that he bribed the test collector, then he was doing that so he wouldn’t get suspended; which would harm this team. Then he was suspended and they lowered his suspension to 2 games & he fought to not get suspended at all (in hopes he would be here for the team).

How is THAT turning on the team and fans?! Keep in mind this man was screwed over big time and lost 10’s of millions of dollars because he was accused of murdering his ex a few days before his draft. Then a few days after the draft they discovered he had nothing to do with it and all 32 teams wanted him and HE chose the Cowboys.

Sorry but I’m not turning on La’el just because Steele had some good games & did his job in his absence.

No one forced Collins to use drugs. No one forced Collins to bribe a tester. Collins chose drugs over the team and football. You don’t reward behavior like that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If he doesn't play LG on the 31st I'm going to blow dandelions in to my neighbors yards. :mad:

You're a monster. Just shy of a Bond villain. Dandelions are the work of the devil. Keep them in your own yard or you risk a modern-day Hatfield-McCoy fued.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one forced Collins to use drugs. No one forced Collins to bribe a tester. Collins chose drugs over the team and football. You don’t reward behavior like that.
Its not about rewarding or punishing anyone. Its about playing your best RT. And thats Collins by a wide margin

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I thought his best year was at Tackle.

He was never that impressive at guard and we were always better with Ron Leary in the lineup at guard imo.

Im just not impressed with Connor Williams. I know he gets the job done but that guy is so finesse and gets bullied at times.

He wasn't that great at Guard your right. But I think he can handle a bullrush up the middle better than Williams.

kumizi

Reaction score
There is almost 0 chance he doesnt start at Right Tackle.

You have to be Jaylon Smith level bad to lose your job.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought his best year was at Tackle.

He was never that impressive at guard and we were always better with Ron Leary in the lineup at guard imo.

Im just not impressed with Connor Williams. I know he gets the job done but that guy is so finesse and gets bullied at times.
Your best 5 has him at RT. He can block on an island against any DL in the NFL. Steele has played admirably, but he gets help. Collins was barely league average at OG. Keeping Steele at RT and moving Collins to LG isnt the awnser. I do think that they should really consider McGovern at LG

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Its not about rewarding or punishing anyone. Its about playing your best RT. And thats Collins by a wide margin

Based on 2019 data? And even with 5 weeks of no practice, he is still better than the player who has been playing very well?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Based on 2019 data? And even with 5 weeks of no practice, he is still better than the player who has been playing very well?
Yes. Its not really close. Steele isnt an OT that is going to be able to play on an island against anyone a defense can line up on. Collins is. Even missing 2020 and the first 5 of 2021, Collins outplays Steele the minute he is on the field

DuncanIso

Reaction score
imho, Collins might be cut in the offseason.

I can think of $30 million reasons why.