Twitter: La'el Collins update

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As one who has experienced pinch nerves in the neck on many an occasion, I can attest that these things come and go almost on their own schedule. As long as he doesn't have any disc damage I think it's minor and not to worry.

75boyz

Reaction score
Gotta admit I was apprehensive to begin with whatever look Bowles chose to use and which side Barrett or JPP lined up on because Lael has not looked right to me early on. Something seemed
off with lateral mobility or lower body/both. Not exactly sure.

I know, traditionally, JPP had lined up outside of Smith from past days with the 4-3 base Giants.

But Bowles now has that new rookie LB Tryon to help Barrett and JPP with edge pressure and I will be watching Collins or whomever is at RT and the performance it has on the game's outcome.

My guess is it will be a big factor.

jmo

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hopefully Parsons is great against the pass or passing on Rashawn Slater could end up being a huge mistake for a run defender.

John813

Reaction score
Load him up with Oxy and lets go.

Not serious. Hopefully, this isn't a lingering thing but we've been having bad luck with our Oline recently

RonWashington

Reaction score

If Pittsburgh Mike “ don’t know “ about Collins in the opener does that mean what Terrence Steele panic time as the Bucs lick there chops ? Let’s scout Best College Tackles 2022 draft Will McClay. Tyrone not getting any younger on the other side either .

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The erosion of the offensive line continues right before our very eyes: first Frederick, then T. Smith, Z. Martin, and Collins.....with no viable back-ups who can step in and be reliable starters. So much worry about fixing the defense yet the offensive line is ignored......great approach in protecting your recently injured, recently extended QB.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So help me, if 71 can't go and McCarthy starts Steele over moving Martin to RT and McGovern to RG (ya know, "fantasy football nonsense") I'm going to FedEx McCarthy a box of hornets.

Nsekhe will start if Collins can't go. That's why he was brought here. If Nsekhe falters, then the nuclear option would probably be to play Martin at RT and McGovern at RG.

Despite some getting down on Nsekhe for a couple of bad plays in the preseason opener, he actually was pretty solid, especially at right tackle.