Twitter: La'el Collins update

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I truly hope Martin receives some snaps at RT. Hopefully this is a temporary setback for Collins that won't exceed a game or 2. Heck, he might not even miss this one.

But they must put the best 5 out there if you ask me, regardless. Now, I do not have McCarthy's, Philbin's or even Moore's credentials to make this personnel adjustment.

But as a professed amateur outsider I would go with Martin at RT, McGovern at RG instead of trying to help that side with constant chips from running backs and TEs.

I believe that type of max protect approach limits or restricts the offense when putting Martin there could more assume all the regular game planning and playcalling.

Just my opinion.

The most direct route into the backfield is still right up the middle. Martin shouldn't be moved for anything short of an emergency. Put Neskhe over there and scheme your blocking and passing game to help.

If the Cowbohs fall apart because one man down on the OL then they're going nowhere and it's time for a new coaching staff.

75boyz

Reaction score
The most direct route into the backfield is still right up the middle. Martin shouldn't be moved for anything short of an emergency. Put Neskhe over there and scheme your blocking and passing game to help.

If the Cowbohs fall apart because one man down on the OL then they're going nowhere and it's time for a new coaching staff.

I mostly agree with your last sentence.

But with that said, I prefer the 5 best out there protecting a guy with recent ankle and lat issues and whose owner invested 160 million dollars into.

Martin to RT and McGovern to RG is the smarter move over trying these backup OTs imo.

I do not believe in the backup players OR the coaching staff to compensate by properly chipping backs and TEs for a full game.

I'd rather go with Zack at RT.
I respect your opinion as well, no worries.

jmo

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If the Cowbohs fall apart because one man down on the OL then they're going nowhere and it's time for a new GM!
FIFY.
That about says it all. If one position on the Oline does us in, what does it say about personel and scheme?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
just stop all of you..please

you saying one these guys would be better then TY or even knight or Steele like 100% no doubt?? guaranteed??

and two: are you trying to tell me college age players how about hs players DONT GET HURT??..come on nothings guaranteed and trying tom go back and redraft because Collins has stinger is utterly ridiculous i knew they werent even thinking oL in the draft the defense was priority and i agree with most of the picks..

teams dont all get to have Pro bowl depth at every position and we have invested many drafts and bi contract to the OL, you work with what you got and have to build other positions as well..imo would have been utterly stupid to not go defense in the first 2 rounds..

we have picked McGovern and Biadsz recently and paid others it was time to go defense..you cant keep drafting the same position.maybe dak and the offense need to play with a few jags around them they are paid a ton to play..

Do you think Tyron’s replacement is on the roster? I don’t. And are you comfortable with Knight or Steele protecting Dak’s blindside? I’m not. My point is if your going to invest a kings ransom in your QB you damn well better do all you can to protect that investment! And rolling the dice on two often injured tackles just isn’t smart in my book.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you think Tyron’s replacement is on the roster? I don’t. And are you comfortable with Knight or Steele protecting Dak’s blindside? I’m not. My point is if your going to invest a kings ransom in your QB you damn well better do all you can to protect that investment! And rolling the dice on two often injured tackles just isn’t smart in my book.
yet only 43 can be activated game day and there's a hard salary cap..sorry but this fanbase has been spoiled with the amount og great OL players weve had while many teams have to suffer with good ones like Cwill who fans hate on..we JUST brought in Biadsz and Mcgovern that is planning and BTW was biadasz a said rookie last year , did he get hurt? yes he did so drafting guy doesnt solve injury issues, they happen its football..CANT PLAN FOR 2020 TYPE YEARS..

TS replacement will be picked when its time and it might be on the roster ..Collins will be fine if hes not you do lie all other teams do plug guy in and give him help..my plan is kick LC out to LT when TS is actually retired or cut, RT much easier to fill and as lefty LC might not take long to transition.until then we will make due as most teams do with injuries..

OL is tough to plan replacements for and this season was Not the year, we had to get better defense take pressure off the offense maybe KM need to use the run game better so the OL is always pass blocking 40times a game..

they drafted the way they had to and im in agreement it wasn't time for the LT of the future unless you stumble upon him..how do you know Ball or someone else doesn't develop into one eventually..you dont..

Creeper

Reaction score
Getting back to La'el Collins and his injury, it looks like today (Sunday) is a key day in the decision if he plays or not this week. From what I am reading, they are going to be extra cautious since this is his 2nd stinger in the preseason which could indicate a bigger problem. I think we can expect Collins to miss a few games this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Getting back to La'el Collins and his injury, it looks like today (Sunday) is a key day in the decision if he plays or not this week. From what I am reading, they are going to be extra cautious since this is his 2nd stinger in the preseason which could indicate a bigger problem. I think we can expect Collins to miss a few games this year.
not really if hes along enough to be game time decision to START have TYN start and use LC as backup and if you can somehow not need LC he will be much more ready for LAC stingers have way of being there one day and waking up and they are gone..no way i call him out of the game until warmups..

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
FIFY.
That about says it all. If one position on the Oline does us in, what does it say about personel and scheme?

When the OL is going up agianst...Sue, Vita-Vae, Gholston and JPP its gonna be a long day..then they have Shaq Barrett coming from the right side as well....... not an easy task