Twitter: La'el Collins update

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Has Martin "eroded"? He had one injury last year that kept him out of games but it wasn't a major injury, it was a calf strain.

They shut Martin down for the year after they saw their was no hope in my opinion. Why risk him?

Sydla

Reaction score
They shut Martin down for the year after they saw their was no hope in my opinion. Why risk him?

Regardless of why they did it (I tend to believe he did have an injury to his calf and they didn't sit him because they didn't think they could win), I am curious as to the comment that Martin has "eroded".

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Bro,
You gotta go with your suggestion of Martin at RT and McGovern at RG.

Bowles is gonna bring extreme talent off that side that Steele can not handle.

Imo, IF Collins doesnt play, this is the only alternative.

jmo though, everybody's got one. Lol

Bowles FA bring whatever he wants. Cowboys can counter with help from the TE and RB and can also use screens and passes to the flat.

Bowles’ bigger worries are Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Elliott, Pollard, Jarwin, and Schultz. Bring heat and you will have a lot of one on one mismatches.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
nothing like starting the NFL season with issues at Oline. I mean come on Collins. We paid you big money and so far the ROT is looking bad.
He didn't play at all last year and might not play the first game this year.

I have a feeling at some point this season we will be without both starting tackles again. Terrible.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So help me, if 71 can't go and McCarthy starts Steele over moving Martin to RT and McGovern to RG (ya know, "fantasy football nonsense") I'm going to FedEx McCarthy a box of hornets.
Shake the box first!

75boyz

Reaction score
Bowles FA bring whatever he wants. Cowboys can counter with help from the TE and RB and can also use screens and passes to the flat.

Bowles’ bigger worries are Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Elliott, Pollard, Jarwin, and Schultz. Bring heat and you will have a lot of one on one mismatches.

Can't totally disagree with your response here but for 'this' OC and 'this' HC to make the proper protection adjustments you describe is not something I have a lot of faith in. Especially for a whole game.

jmo

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Are you serious? I'll give you Tyron (though he seems fine) but Martin has started every game except for that stretch last year, and when they drafted they had a full bill of health on Collins and Smith (who actually seems OK after finally having the surgery). They absolutely needed help on a defense with maybe one pro-bowler out of 11 when they had a line with at least 3 out of 5 positions. Kind of just inventing reasons to blast the FO there Captain Hindsight.

Captain Hindsight? Okay juvenile mentality wearing a peanut shell jockstrap. See, hurling insults is easy.

That said, the point is Tyron Smith has continued to miss games due to injury, Williams and McGovern have not proven themselves anything but JAG's, Biadasz is new, Martin just came off missing 6 games due to injury, and Collins missed all last season and now is injured again. With Smith and Martin being both 30 years old they are on the back side of their careers and the back-up OL consists of really inferior players. Anyway, you think what you will but voicing concern about the OL isn't an issue to most.

Jarntt

Reaction score
screw everyone in the organization that continues to try and band-aid the backup OT spot when we have 2 guys that are always hurt. How many times do we have to go through the same damn situation before we learn