Twitter: La'el Collins vs Ryan Kerrigan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 18, 2019.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

43,859 Messages
    43,123 Likes Received
    I think the majority of people thought the Cowboys wouldn't pay to keep him. Much of that (I think) was based on the idea that they were going to move Connor Williams to RT.

That narrative was boosted when they drafted McGovern in the 3rd round.

It got another mini-boost when CW lined up at OT in at least 1 OTA practice.

In the off-season they either need to draft an OT in the mid rounds or at least cross train CW to play OT. They don't really have a good option to play LT behind Tyron. Fleming is OK for a game or two but beyond that I think it would get ugly if he had to make multiple starts at LT. Fleming is probably better at RT but I don't see them ever moving La'ell to LT and using Fleming at RT if Tyron was out for multiple games. La'el did play LT in college but he just doesn't fit the mold of an NFL LT.

McGovern should be a good player but it's too bad the OL that they had rated as a 2nd round talent wasn't an OT.

2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

43,859 Messages
    43,123 Likes Received
    Yes, Payne is a very good player. He is powerful with good quickness.

3. GhostOfPelluer

GhostOfPelluer Well-Known Member

2,987 Messages
    4,654 Likes Received
    OL play is such that you can have 50 great snaps but be remembered for 3 poor ones. That’s where Connor is right now. And it’s the difference between decent and stud. Tyron may have 1 bad snap. Martin rarely has any.

4. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

1,766 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    Thing is, decent LG between four studs is A-ok.
    And he's young - he'll only get better with more experience.

GhostOfPelluer likes this.
  5. GhostOfPelluer

GhostOfPelluer Well-Known Member

2,987 Messages
    4,654 Likes Received
    I wouldn’t give up on him. He’s showing potential

6. Seth5545

Seth5545 Active Member

149 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    T. smiths was just as much of a beast.

7. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

1,766 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    For sure. Right now he is a solid starter, and with more experience should get to the point of being a real good, quality starter.
    Looking like a good return on a second round pick.

8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

10,058 Messages
    5,116 Likes Received
    What was Dak’s Excuses for throwing behind WRs during the Giant’s game? Dak tends to throw the ball high or behind the WRs on crossing routes and slant patterns. Outstanding WR play has prevented a lot of embarrassment for Dak, but I fully expect that many more turnovers if Dak can’t correct this problem. I didn’t see Connor bump Dak’s arm at any time.

9. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    1,492 Likes Received
    Any quality players who are career skins in the Snyder era will always be forgotten and under appreciated

rocyaice likes this.
  10. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

7,687 Messages
    11,407 Likes Received
    Did you watch that play? Here, watch it again.

That is clearly on Connor Williams getting beat early. Connor's man forced Dak to sidestep the quick inside rush right up the middle, hence it threw the timing off between Dak and Cobb. By the time Dak sidestepped the inside rusher and gained his footing to deliver the pass, Cobb had already ran across the intermediate route from right all the way to the left side of the field. Maybe Dak should have thrown it into the ground or taken a sack, instead of still trying to force a late pass to the crossing Cobb, but that pass would have been delivered much sooner, on time and in stride had Connor Williams initially done his part to block his man directly in front of Dak.

rocyaice likes this.
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

24,823 Messages
    16,831 Likes Received
    Outstanding receiver play? A year ago nobody wanted Cooper and Cobb and Gallup proved nothing.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  12. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

11,071 Messages
    8,972 Likes Received
    CW improved....yes. Still making bad mistakes....yes. Question is can you live with the growing pains while trying to get to a Super Bowl? Or has he already peaked? Still seems to get over powered @ times.

13. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

5,624 Messages
    8,379 Likes Received
    At this point I just hope the return of Fredbeard will be enough to compensate for some of his mistakes.

14. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

5,624 Messages
    8,379 Likes Received
    Ah here's the quote

Source - NFL.com