Lamar Jackson requests a trade

kskboys

Reaction score
I believe Murray got $160 million guaranteed, not $189.

Why not take a 3 year fully guaranteed contract? Play that out at a high level and then in a couple of years can negotiate for an even bigger extension while still in his 20s.
He has been offered 200 mil guaranteed. He won't take it.

montgod

Reaction score
I believe Murray got $160 million guaranteed, not $189.

Why not take a 3 year fully guaranteed contract? Play that out at a high level and then in a couple of years can negotiate for an even bigger extension while still in his 20s.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kyler-murray-29036 - shows 189mill guaranteed

I'm with you on the 3yr deal. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. Neither (Ravens and Lamar) has a current backup plan that looks good though.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think the Lamar Jackson issue breaks down into 4 concepts:

1. 50m$ AAV contract
2. That contract fully guaranteed or nearly fully guaranteed
3. giving up 2 1st round picks
4. Lamar’s recent injury issues
—————————————————-
What QBs in the NFL today, if they were in Lamar’s position, would you make this move on?

1. Pat Mahomes, easy

2. Joe Burrow… I’m okay with the 2 1sts and the 50m$ AAV, but I’m iffy on the fully guaranteed. I’d have to really think about that and get opinions of my other front office people

3. Justin Herbert, 2 1sts and then giving a 50m$ AAV contract is a lot. His stats are pretty but we rarely see him take over games against other top QBs. If he’s playing Burrow or Mahomes or Allen or now Lawrence in a playoff game, does anyone expect him to have the better game? If I’m LAC and don’t need to give up 2 1’s that a different story, but I still definitely can’t give him the fully guarantees, at least not until I see more.

4. Josh Allen, 2 1sts, yeah maybe. 50m$ AAV? I think so. Fully guaranteed deal? This dude’s completion % has dropped by 5% the last 2 years and his turnovers are climbing. May be a bump in the road, but if he continues to regress then you’ll be F’ed for the next 5-6 years. Consider the Browns: if Deshaun Watson is anything less than immaculate then Cleveland will disappear from the NFL landscape until his deal is over. I can’t give Allen those guarantees.

5. Jalen Hurts… 2 1sts no, 50m$ sure, fully guaranteed definitely not. I like hurts a lot, but for another team, much like Lamar, is there any assurance he can match his value with my coaching staff and my personnel? Plus he’s had 1 single MVP caliber year, much like Lamar. I need to see more before I’m giving that many draft assets up for him. And no way a fully guaranteed deal for a Qb who runs as much as him or Allen or Lamar.

So what Lamar wants there’s only maybe 1.5 QBs in the world who are worth it. Dude needs an agent to tell him to accept reality

joseephuss

Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kyler-murray-29036 - shows 189mill guaranteed

I'm with you on the 3yr deal. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. Neither (Ravens and Lamar) has a current backup plan that looks good though.
I saw it listed as $160 million in a couple of places. Overthecap has it listed as $103.3 million fully guaranteed. So does this article. Probably just a matter of fully guaranteed no matter what and likely to achieve guaranteed just by showing up.

https://sportsnaut.com/highest-paid-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl/

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I get that players want to be the highest paid, but at some point it's just ridiculous. If the NFLPA really cared about getting players the best for everyone involved, they would advocate and implement something along the lines of the NBA supermax system where a single player can only occupy a certain percentage of the overall salary cap. It wouldn't be anywhere near the NBA supermax, but it would resolve a lot of this nonsense pretty quickly.

If Watson doesn't perform at a Top 5 QB level for the remainder of his contract plus a couple of years, the Browns will have made the worst trade/sign deal in the history of the league. I pray the Ravens don't budge an inch and Jackson sits out for the year. Need something to correct the giant mistake the Browns have made.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think the Lamar Jackson issue breaks down into 4 concepts:

1. 50m$ AAV contract
2. That contract fully guaranteed or nearly fully guaranteed
3. giving up 2 1st round picks
4. Lamar’s recent injury issues
—————————————————-
What QBs in the NFL today, if they were in Lamar’s position, would you make this move on?

1. Pat Mahomes, easy

2. Joe Burrow… I’m okay with the 2 1sts and the 50m$ AAV, but I’m iffy on the fully guaranteed. I’d have to really think about that and get opinions of my other front office people

3. Justin Herbert, 2 1sts and then giving a 50m$ AAV contract is a lot. His stats are pretty but we rarely see him take over games against other top QBs. If he’s playing Burrow or Mahomes or Allen or now Lawrence in a playoff game, does anyone expect him to have the better game? If I’m LAC and don’t need to give up 2 1’s that a different story, but I still definitely can’t give him the fully guarantees, at least not until I see more.

4. Josh Allen, 2 1sts, yeah maybe. 50m$ AAV? I think so. Fully guaranteed deal? This dude’s completion % has dropped by 5% the last 2 years and his turnovers are climbing. May be a bump in the road, but if he continues to regress then you’ll be F’ed for the next 5-6 years. Consider the Browns: if Deshaun Watson is anything less than immaculate then Cleveland will disappear from the NFL landscape until his deal is over. I can’t give Allen those guarantees.

5. Jalen Hurts… 2 1sts no, 50m$ sure, fully guaranteed definitely not. I like hurts a lot, but for another team, much like Lamar, is there any assurance he can match his value with my coaching staff and my personnel? Plus he’s had 1 single MVP caliber year, much like Lamar. I need to see more before I’m giving that many draft assets up for him. And no way a fully guaranteed deal for a Qb who runs as much as him or Allen or Lamar.

So what Lamar wants there’s only maybe 1.5 QBs in the world who are worth it. Dude needs an agent to tell him to accept reality
Well done.