Lamar Jackson requests a trade

Hadenough

Reaction score

Micah, a 1st this year and a 2nd next year.

This is what should of happened with Dak and Dallas. You don't let one individual player act like he is holding all the cards. Black ball them for getting greedy.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak has won a playoff game at least. Its amazing how deluded you are.

You want playoff success. But want to bring in a QB who has literally sucked in the playoffs since he came into the league. Show me. On paper. A playoff performance from Jackson like that of the one in 2016 or last year in Tampa.

Go ahead. And don't drop back and start bringing up regular season crap. Show me playoff performance. Because according to you. When it comes to Dak. That's all you care about right?

Enough with the double standards. Like seriously

Instead of doing something monumentally stupid in trading for Lamar. This team needs to unfortunately now because they restructured Dak. Extend him. Get rid of that no trade clause in the next extension and have an out ASAP. What I wanted them to not do. They did. So now unfortunately regardless of how this season goes. The Cowboys and us. Are stuck with Dak.
Yet Dak has had multiple playoff games (last 2 seasons vs SF) in which he sucked so how is he any better than Jackson, a QB you say sucks in the playoffs.

Dak has had a good playoff game this season against a beaten down, sub-.500 TB team, wherein he had 4 TD's to 0 INT's....in Dak's other 5 playoff games he has 7 TD's to 5 INT's....not the greatest of stats but hey, it is what it is......hence my earlier post saying BOTH Jackson and Dak sucks.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you prefer Jackson you have not watched him the past 3 years and have only seen the highlights.
Incorrect my friend. I’ve seen a ton of Ravens and I live close to Baltimore so I often have little choice. I’ve seen Dak play at times where he has few or no real weapons and he completely bogs down. I feel like we see Jackson very very few weapons and he still plays at a very high level.

It’s a matter of opinion. I think Jackson is a top 6-7 qb but I haven’t always felt this way. I do now.

Adreme

Reaction score
Incorrect my friend. I’ve seen a ton of Ravens and I live close to Baltimore so I often have little choice. I’ve seen Dak play at times where he has few or no real weapons and he completely bogs down. I feel like we see Jackson very very few weapons and he still plays at a very high level.

It’s a matter of opinion. I think Jackson is a top 6-7 qb but I haven’t always felt this way. I do now.
In 2019 and arguably 2020 your argument would have merit. 2021 they had the 2nd best TE in football, a top 5 OLine and 2 first round picks at WR and he looked average then got hurt at the end of the year. Then in 2022, after trading one of the first round WRs (who was having the best year of his career career with Kyler Murray throwing him the football before getting hurt) he regressed further. There are major issues with turnovers (through the first 8 games last year over half of the Ravens 4th quarter possessions ended in turnovers with the majority coming through Jackson INTs or fumbles).

So when you combine it all together, you have a QB who has not been able to finish the past 2 seasons, who by all metrics was mediocre at best during those 2 seasons and whose best weapon looked better when he played for Kyler Murray. That is a hard pass.

Edit: with 2 straight seasons missed with injury for an athletic player his best days are behind him.

Flamma

Reaction score
With all due respect, the 2023 cap number was due to kicking the can down the road as it was scheduled to be $49M in 2023 and now, after the restructure, Dak's 2023 number is lower but his 2024 number is $59M...which of course will again be kicked down the curb.
Every time they do this his cap hit is just a bit higher. This year he'll be at 11.7%. The highest he's been since his tag year. And the debt keeps piling up.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yet Dak has had multiple playoff games (last 2 seasons vs SF) in which he sucked so how is he any better than Jackson, a QB you say sucks in the playoffs.

Dak has had a good playoff game this season against a beaten down, sub-.500 TB team, wherein he had 4 TD's to 0 INT's....in Dak's other 5 playoff games he has 7 TD's to 5 INT's....not the greatest of stats but hey, it is what it is......hence my earlier post saying BOTH Jackson and Dak sucks.
You probably know I am not a big Dak fan. But Lamar is not a better pocket passer than Dak. Lamar bridges the gap with his running skills. But can he do that effectively anymore?

phildadon86

Reaction score

I have said countless times they both suck.

Obviously you are missing what I posted. Ill say it again. Dak has statistically been better in the playoffs which is when your buddy says it matters. Yet would take Jackson over Dak. Do you see the point now? You bring up Daks stats against Tampa. Meanwhile. Half of this board stated we had no chance beating Brady. But then they do, and they are a bad team? You sound like Stephen A Smith.

Regardless. Dak has been better in the playoffs. Period. Its not up for debate. What is also not up for debate is if I had a choice I wouldnt want either QB on this team lol. Id much prefer Drake Maye/Caleb Williams. However. This team opted to restructure Dak and screw the pooch on that dream. So here we are. This team could win no games next season. And because of that restructure they are STUCK with Dak.

And regarding my bully comment. If you read the entirety of our argument you can see. Countless times. Him try to belittle me into being just a Dak fan. You missed that though because you have to defend your buddy. Which is fine. You are also someone who cries to the mods when you dont like what someone is saying after instigating the argument. The one thing I dont like is when people question your service because thats a big no no in my books.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All he was doing was expressing himself.
Every single post and thread ever created on this site is and has been a form of expression. This is a form of expression:
Dak has to shut us up with his play.
This is a form of expression:
Did you type that with one hand? And the other hand with fingers crossed?
Troy Aikman quarterbacked this franchise to three championships and an NFC Championship appearance. This fact has not stopped some individuals from criticizing his Pro Football Hall of Fame qualifications.

I think of actual circumstances like that when I read an expression that ‘Prescott’s play will silent his critics’, immediately deemed it as an incredulous statement from an intelligent and overly critical observer of Prescott, and personally expressed in response the statement must not be completely believed by the one making it.

Afterwards, an expression of disbelief was directed at me stating two separate thought processes concerning Prescott were actually one-and-the same, which I found equally incredulous. So, I expressed my disagreement of a false assumption and emphasized two separate thought processes are not remotely the same when one of them, has expressed in the form of posts and threads, incessantly, almost every day, multiple times per day, for over two straight years, about Prescott.

To this, you have expressed an opinion that he was only expressing himself. My expression in response is stating, in essence, that previously expressing Prescott is incapable of shutting his critics up over 20,000 times, should not lead to any logical conclusion some undefinable ‘level of play’ performed by Prescott, will actually silence said critics.

Me? I consider ‘shut up’ as to stop talking verbally, in written form, and/or any form of expression, permanently. That will not occur with Prescott no matter what he does, literally, on the field.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamar Jackson has been the best player on a good team with very few weapons every year or most years. I may be forgetting a player or two but I believe he’s been the best. I assume you’d agree that opponents game plan to stop Jackson as their biggest threat.

I don’t think we can say the same for Prescott in any of his years. Do you think opponents worry about Dak being the biggest threat?

No matter how you try to illuminate the Raven’s roster, you can’t change the conclusion that the weapons he has had is as bad as and maybe the worst in the league during Jackson’s tenure. Mark Andrews was a 3rd round pick. There’s probably a good chance his growth was in part due to the QB play.

Dak has had 1st round weapons behind him and next to him and when he needed help, they went out and traded for another first round player. High first rounds picks.

I don’t like trying to sell my opinion and I’m not. Im just giving you my thinking on what’s behind my preference here. I respect your opinion very much. I’m open to changing any of mine at any time but in this case I’m not seeing it.

kskboys

Reaction score

Maybe he was at one point, but he certainly is not any more.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson has been the best player on a good team with very few weapons every year or most years. I may be forgetting a player or two but I believe he’s been the best. I assume you’d agree that opponents game plan to stop Jackson as their biggest threat.

I don’t think we can say the same for Prescott in any of his years. Do you think opponents worry about Dak being the biggest threat?

No matter how you try to illuminate the Raven’s roster, you can’t change the conclusion that the weapons he has had is as bad as and maybe the worst in the league during Jackson’s tenure. Mark Andrews was a 3rd round pick. There’s probably a good chance his growth was in part due to the QB play.

Dak has had 1st round weapons behind him and next to him and when he needed help, they went out and traded for another first round player. High first rounds picks.

I don’t like trying to sell my opinion and I’m not. Im just giving you my thinking on what’s behind my preference here. I respect your opinion very much. I’m open to changing any of mine at any time but in this case I’m not seeing it.
Those weapons refuse to go to BALT because Lamar doesn't use his weapons. He's such a bad passer, his WRs just don't matter.

I've heard these same excuses w/ pretty much every running QB. If you want WRs to join your team, you must get them the ball. Lamar does not.

Have you ever wondered why Marquise Brown requested a trade? He is a very good WR, and contrary to your idea that Lamar has never had weapons.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way To change my first line from Lamar having very few weapons to no weapons. I don’t find value in your guess about why Marquis Brown wanted out. I personally think that Lamar on the Cowboys would yield a better outcome for the team and that he is a better QB.

What is it about Dak that makes him better to you? Do you agree defenses prioritize stopping Lamar first, and that against the Cowboys, Dak is not their primary mission?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With all due respect, the 2023 cap number was due to kicking the can down the road as it was scheduled to be $49M in 2023 and now, after the restructure, Dak's 2023 number is lower but his 2024 number is $59M...which of course will again be kicked down the curb.
Eventually that can will run out of curb, and hit a brick wall. Jerry needs to fix that, as even he will not be able to move that brick wall.
Unless they get wise and write any future can kicking in a way to get out of it with less of a hit...errr....kick....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Way To change my first line from Lamar having very few weapons to no weapons. I don’t find value in your guess about why Marquis Brown wanted out. I personally think that Lamar on the Cowboys would yield a better outcome for the team and that he is a better QB.

What is it about Dak that makes him better to you? Do you agree defenses prioritize stopping Lamar first, and that against the Cowboys, Dak is not their primary mission?
Jackson would be an inaccurate QB anywhere he goes. You're smitten.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jackson would be an inaccurate QB anywhere he goes. You're smitten.
Not at all. We’re comparing him to one other player. In the context of all QBs, it’d take a while for me to choose Lamar over some others. I also wouldn’t pay him the kind of money he appears to seek.

Flamma

Reaction score
There's something else about the Ravens/Jackson situation I figured out. If another team were to offer Jackson what he wants, Baltimore would not match it. They'd only match a traditional contract. That's the reason for the non exclusive tag. Had they planned on matching any and all offers, you use the Transition tag. It's a lot cheaper.

kskboys

Reaction score

Dak is a better passer. That simple.

Playoff D's always shut down running QB's. And running QBs are generally good for 1-5 seasons, that's about it.

kskboys

Reaction score

What in the world are you trying to say in your first two sentences. Convoluted mess.

The value thing is especially puzzling. Why do you believe I value your value? Strange stuff, dude.

Google is your friend. Brown wanted out because "wanted to play in a different offense."

Surely you can find value in his own statement? He also said that he didn't feel as if he was part of things. He stated that he never felt as if he was a crucial part of things w/ the Ravens.

How's my guess doing now? Spot on? Sure appears that way.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you agree Lamar is the primary target to stop for D coordinators as opposed to Dak not being a primary target?