Lamar Jackson situation getting ugly

DFWJC

Reaction score
You mistaken.

It's only a collusion by the owners not to be interested in Lamar, and sooner or later it will be brought to the public's attention that skin color has something to do with it.

Who remembers the good old days when Hershel Walker played for the New Jersey Generals? We may get to the point where we figure out if the owners are really going broke, or they still have more to give per what the market demands from the players.
Man, you have completely lost your mind if you believe this.

That's just preposterous

jsb357

Reaction score
Like Dak, had his playoff win percentage been better he would have a better reputation in the league.

That combined with

no agent
injury history
playing style (not all teams want that)
and cryptic signals from him about being hurt last year

It's not looking good to land that contract he wants.

But it only takes one owner that is desperate enough so there is that "Cleveland effect" possibility.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Browns handing DeShawn Watson that enormous FULLY GUARANTEED contract is what caused this log jam. Just a crazy deal by the Browns.

Jackson wants that enormous fully guaranteed deal plus more. For a player who has been injured a lot lately and depends on a higher-risk type of game to get his best results, it's a really hard pill to swallow for the Ravens.

he sure is fun to watch though, when he's on his game.

Flamma

Reaction score
Like the supposedly $250 million deal with $133 million guaranteed that he turned down last off season. That contract seemed more than fair and reasonable at the time. He bet on himself by not signing it. He then went out and had a less than impressive season missing 5 regular season games due to injury and a playoff game. It does seem his ego is not in touch with reality.
This is his problem right now, and why he was placed on the tag. He wants it all fully guaranteed. It's also why teams aren't showing interest. Because they either don't want to give out that contract, or they know the Ravens will just match anything they offer.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You had me, my Bad!
No worries. There is a fine line between the National Enquire (do they still make that rag?) and some guys writing for ANYTHING for a story online IMO to drum up some kind of social disaccord so they can get more hits on their online story.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
To be honest, Watson was set to sign with the Falcons. Not sure how much but it was not a 100% guaranteed contract. In fact, the 100% guaranteed contract is the way the Browns were able to stop him from signing with the Falcons.
I get the angst being displayed by some in the media but I don’t agree with it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a fully guaranteed contract is ok but you have to be willing to accept less money and zero incentives.
I don’t think NFL owners want to start going down that road because they fear ending up like baseball and basketball, guaranteeing everyone’s contracts.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t think NFL owners want to start going down that road because they fear ending up like baseball and basketball, guaranteeing everyone’s contracts.
I think they've already done that in the past. Give out fully guaranteed contracts that were not top market value. Giving a QB a 3 year 75M dollar contract is not the same as a fully guaranteed 250M dollar contract. One of them sets a new standard, the other does not.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think there is collusion. And even if there were, it has nothing to do with skin color. He was offered a great contract. He wanted more guaranteed. It isn't unreasonable for a team to balk at fully guaranteeing a deal as the Ravens have done. It seems even more unrealistic for another team to come in and make that offer plus give up two 1st round picks.
No one knows what he was really offered
All we know is what the Ravens are feeding the media

Lamar’s biggest mistake was not having an agent to tell his side

kskboys

Reaction score
The Ravens never even sniffed a championship with Lamar on a rookie deal for 5 years. Now give up two first round picks for him and pay him 250m all fully guaranteed?

The last part is the sticking point. He would have already been signed had he not insisted on a fully guaranteed contract.
His mommy thinks that is fair.