Lamar Miller latest update; Going to sign with Texans

robjay04

Reaction score
He could do great here but he hasn't done anything to deserve big money.

I always thought that Mark Ingram should be his benchmark though he has been more impressive. Ingram got 4/16. Lamar Miller could sign for 4/20.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just draft Elliot, he is the best option.
Remember all the RBs everyone ran up ours butts last year, all in the mean time putting down McFadden.
People wanted CMike even in the off season. We wasted a pick on him, for nothing.

All those RBs, and nothing.

DMC turned out to be proven why he was brought in. And I am fine with him, but we need a young stud RB, not a FA RB, who hasn't really done much more, and really isn't that much younger. As opposed to getting a real threat in the backfield.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm all in for Miller rather than misusing the #4 overall draft pick on the easiest position to acquire in football. You use it to get the most difficult position to acquire - a starting quarterback.

You can get a top running back in free agency.

You can't even get a mediocre one like Sam Bradford in free agency.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Just draft Elliot, he is the best option.
Remember all the RBs everyone ran up ours butts last year, all in the mean time putting down McFadden.
People wanted CMike even in the off season. We wasted a pick on him, for nothing.

All those RBs, and nothing.

DMC turned out to be proven why he was brought in. And I am fine with him, but we need a young stud RB, not a FA RB, who hasn't really done much more, and really isn't that much younger. As opposed to getting a real threat in the backfield.

Yes sir, so you also think we should go defensive on FA so that with 4th pick we get Elliott?

Reaction score
I'm OK with picking up Miller and drafting one in the 4th round or so. This is likely McFaddon's last year in Dallas. BTW, Miller is still young. Which is ehy he is an intriguing player.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm all in for Miller rather than misusing the #4 overall draft pick on the easiest position to acquire in football. You use it to get the most difficult position to acquire - a starting quarterback.

You can get a top running back in free agency.

You can't even get a mediocre one like Sam Bradford in free agency.

RB is just like ever other position, you get what you pay for.

Most of the top RBs are drafted early just like QBs.

Reaction score

While true, you can get very good and productive RB's in the 3rd and 4th round.

You'll be lucky to get a half decent backup QB in the 4th round. The RB position is easier to play, easier to transition to the NFL from college than the QB position.

That's why I'm not a fan of Elliott in the 1st. The falloff from Elliott to a 3rd round RB is not nearly as great as the falloff from Goff/Wentz in the 1st to a 3rd round QB.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
While true, you can get very good and productive RB's in the 3rd and 4th round.

You'll be lucky to get a half decent backup QB in the 4th round. The RB position is easier to play, easier to transition to the NFL from college than the QB position.

That's why I'm not a fan of Elliott in the 1st. The falloff from Elliott to a 3rd round RB is not nearly as great as the falloff from Goff/Wentz in the 1st to a 3rd round QB.

I'm just saying if you want a franchise RB you have to draft one early.

Over the last 15 years 18 of the top 20 RBs were 1st or 2nd round picks. 13 were 1st rounders.

All-time, 16 of the top 20 were 1st round picks. Two were 2nd rounders and 2 were 3rd rounders.

i think Elliott will be a Franchise RB behind this OL and is well worth the 4th pick. Of course if the QBs are gone I would love a trade back and to get EE at 10th or later.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But when is the last time the league's top passer was available in free agency the way Murray was last year? Or when was the second leading quarterback available in free agency like Doug Martin is this year?

Sam Bradford will be paid over $18 million for this year, so you can't even buy mediocre at the quarterback position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just saying if you want a franchise RB you have to draft one early.

Over the last 15 years 18 of the top 20 RBs were 1st or 2nd round picks. 13 were 1st rounders.

All-time, 16 of the top 20 were 1st round picks. Two were 2nd rounders and 2 were 3rd rounders.

i think Elliott will be a Franchise RB behind this OL and is well worth the 4th pick. Of course if the QBs are gone I would love a trade back and to get EE at 10th or later.

And I think Lamar Miller can be a franchise back behind this line too. And he would cost about $1 million more per year but would allow me to use my #4 overall pick on the hardest position to fill in football.

robjay04

Reaction score
And I think Lamar Miller can be a franchise back behind this line too. And he would cost about $1 million more per year but would allow me to use my #4 overall pick on the hardest position to fill in football.

I agree about Miller (wow I agree with you!), he will be a great signing and a perfect fit in this offense. I do believe we need to make some kind of investment at RB, McFadden is serviceable but should be in a backseat DeAngelo Williams type of role at this point in his career.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes sir, so you also think we should go defensive on FA so that with 4th pick we get Elliott?

Defense in FA as well as the draft. But just do not pass on Elliot if he is there.
But by going defense in FA, then the draft will allow for BPA without reaching or second guessing. Like do you go Bosa, or Jack or Ramsey in the 1st. All of which will be fine.
However, IMO, if you address those in FA, or at least think you have. Then draft Elliot, a sure fire blue chipper. Then go defense to fortify the FA signigings as well, BPA.

Still I would like to see a QB in 2nd or 3rd round, if we can't get Wentz at #4, or if they decide no QB at #4, then I want Elliot.
Of course this is all subjective on my part, as to many needs and too many ways to go. But you can't go wrong with Elliot, nor second guess it.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Defense in FA as well as the draft. But just do not pass on Elliot if he is there.
But by going defense in FA, then the draft will allow for BPA without reaching or second guessing. Like do you go Bosa, or Jack or Ramsey in the 1st. All of which will be fine.
However, IMO, if you address those in FA, or at least think you have. Then draft Elliot, a sure fire blue chipper. Then go defense to fortify the FA signigings as well, BPA.

Still I would like to see a QB in 2nd or 3rd round, if we can't get Wentz at #4, or if they decide no QB at #4, then I want Elliot.
Of course this is all subjective on my part, as to many needs and too many ways to go. But you can't go wrong with Elliot, nor second guess it.

I agree 100% that's how I've been seeing it as well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We can probably get him for right around what Murray should have taken before free agency began last offseason. I'd be pretty happy with that arrangement, if we could get him. He's a good fit for us at the right age and mileage.