Lamar Miller latest update; Going to sign with Texans

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't think we disagree on concerns about him.

As far as 1,000 yards being a big accomplishment, all I ask of the position is that the starter average more than 4.0 per carry (not padded by a few big runs). McFadden did that. Who cares whether it's more a testament to the line or to him.

I also don't have a problem with shifting blocking schemes to accommodate the back that you have. It's one of the few signs we've seen that the offense is willing to adjust to the talent.

I agree that we shouldn't roll the dice on his health, but signing a bona fide, expensive starter and rolling the dice aren't the same thing. If Dallas does nothing to address the position, then it is rolling the dice. If it gets a vet to pair with him or drafts a back in the first few rounds (or both), I don't think it is rolling the dice.

If you get 1100 yards rushing at a reasonably high YPC and good short yardage success for 2.5m why would you offer someone 6m??? They'd need to go get you what 2200 yards to make that extra cash outlay work?

How's this for a prediction? DMC will gain more yards next year than Lamar Miller.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How's this for a prediction? DMC will gain more yards next year than Lamar Miller.

It's possible if he can stay healthy. He has a great line in front of him and the team knows how to play to his strengths.

jnday

Reaction score
We have McFadden and Dunbar should be easy.

I don't know why you people are concerned

If a QB is not drafted at 4, I am all for drafting Zeke. At least the RB pisition could be fixed for a while . A decent RB would have least made a difference last season.