Lamb’s feet were in on the touchdown

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Explain this, please. A WR taps his toes inbounds and its a catch. Cee Dee tapped a heel and a toe, but that is not a catch.

If crossing the goal line with possession is a TD which ends the play immediately. How does possession after a heel tap and then a toe tap not end the play?

Because the toe tap alone is not considered a foot in if the heel coming down as part of the same motion is not in bounds. This isn't a new rule.

conner01

Reaction score
That's not what happened no matter how many times you say it. The toe touched and drug. It only matters about the entire foot if half the foot come down in and out at the same time, proving this is a lousy rule.
You obviously don’t get the rule
The rule is very clear

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You guys watch football every single Sunday for hours upon hours and don’t know the rules Lolol..mind boggling

Welcome to my world. And don't even think about telling them that wasn't actually a hold. Lol.

But even when presented with video evidence, people will lie like a rug rather than admit they were wrong. I swear politicians got together and were like, "Hey, look at CowboysZone. We should try that." Glad there's still a few people who can say truth even when it doesn't benefit them. A shrinking group, but still.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
If the toe were to drag all the way OB before the heel came down, then you'd have an argument.
It did. See the space between the heel and the line? How else did the heel come down out of bounds if the toe did not drag all the way to the OB line?

FiXpo0SUAAMe4SO

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
You obviously don’t get the rule
The rule is very clear
I've told you several times I understand the rule, I'm saying it is a bad rule. You know it's a bad rule too, you just don't want to admit it. You know that should be considered a catch.

erod

Reaction score
Ok, this is simple.

The call was correct based on the rule. It's a dumb rule.

If the toe touches well before the heel, then it should be a catch. They need to change the rule.

However...

Without the rule, we don't get to see tight end wac-a-mole, so it all worked out.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
But it is different. When a guy is diving out of bounds, he physically can’t get a heel down.

Lamb clearly could get the heel down. He didn’t. It’s not a catch by NFL standards.
Yeah, and like I said, it's stupid to take a TD away because a guy is falling backwards instead of forward.

Loso86

Reaction score
When the entire foot touches it has to all be in bounds. Doesn't matter if the toe touched first.

It's one of those quirky catch rules, like one knee equals two feet.
I keep hearing that but what happen with all those catches and TDs Gallup use to jump up and mKe and just got the toes down?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It did. See the space between the heel and the line? How else did the heel come down out of bounds if the toe did not drag all the way to the OB line?

FiXpo0SUAAMe4SO
No, it didn't. I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. The left toes were down, and the heel came down OB while they were still down. Had the heel come down after the toes had dragged out of bounds, it would be a different story, because as soon as the toes touched the line, the play would've been over, so the heel coming down wouldn't have mattered.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I keep hearing that but what happen with all those catches and TDs Gallup use to jump up and mKe and just got the toes down?
As long as no other part of the foot touched OB, it's a catch inbounds.

ESisback

Reaction score
I thought it was a TD, and NY’s score with :08 left against a semi-relaxed prevent was definitive garbage time stuff.

35-13, about what most posters here predicted! Kudos!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok, this is simple.

The call was correct based on the rule. It's a dumb rule.

If the toe touches well before the heel, then it should be a catch. They need to change the rule.

However...

Without the rule, we don't get to see tight end wac-a-mole, so it all worked out.
But if they change the rule to that, then how much time between toe and heel touching does it need to be? Where do you draw the line? The rule makes more sense the way it is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sure someone else said this but the toe was down 1st does not matter if heal touched UNLESS it was 1st which it was not.
And what about when the heel goes down first and then the toes go down out of bounds? Why would that be any different?

calicowboy54

Reaction score
And what about when the heel goes down first and then the toes go down out of bounds? Why would that be any different?

same thing... he's in as long as another foot came down 1st... its like the toe drag it is 2 down inbounds, Heal or toe whatever as long as its 2 before. which in both cases yes 2 touched inbounds before out of bounds touched. So he's in Touchdown.

JustChip

Reaction score
right and what happens after the toe taps…?
If he pulls the foot up after the toes touch and then lands butt first or elbow first out of bounds, it’s a catch. Or if he drags the toes across the line and then lands in his butt or elbow first, it’s a catch. Pretty convoluted rule, but it is what it is. Still doesn't take away from CeeDee’s outstanding effort.