Lamb’s feet were in on the touchdown

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Going in the opposite direction (running towards the sideline), if the receiver’s heel lands inbounds but the toes land out of bounds on the white… nobody says, “But his heel hit first so it was a catch.” No, if his toes are on the white, then everyone knows it’s not a catch.

Why, when the toes hit first and then the heel lands out, do people think that is any different? The entire foot must land inbounds. Lamb’s heel was out of bounds. No catch.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When the entire foot touches it has to all be in bounds. Doesn't matter if the toe touched first.

It's one of those quirky catch rules, like one knee equals two feet.
I’m wondering about the sideline catches when they on their tippy toes and then fall out of bones they call that a catch. Is that because it was the end zone

Xeven

Reaction score
Heal was out
So was his head, torso most of his legs and his arms. The heal did not touch the ground out of bounds until after his toes touched in bounds.

floating your heal above out of bounds while toes clearly impact in bounds on the ground should be “in” and ruled a catch. They give these guys catches like that all the time on the side line. Since you cannot 100% account for camera angle to determine where a heal may or may not “float” off the ground it should go to the obvious and verifiable impact of part of foot (toes) that are in bounds or not.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This IMO should of been a TD. That left toe dragged before the heel went out. It had to. Look at that photo. The foot had to move backwards for the heel to land out of bounds. Just glad it didn't cost us the game but it did rob CeeDee of an epic catch.

Wow that's a great view. Touchdown!!!

mperfection

Reaction score
His toe was down before his heel but it was no way they were going to call it a td both feet gotta clearly be inbounds
If BOTH the toe and heel have to be in bounds, what about all those toe-tap ONLY TD’s (L&R feet) that have been called??? My gosh, we’ve had 3 receivers alone that have scored multiple times on toe-tap TD’s: T. Williams, M. Gallup, and A. Cooper. The No-call was maddening considering this!

Xeven

Reaction score
Honestly, if the first part of the body to impact the ground is in bounds while a receiver has control of the ball, it should be ruled a catch. Even one toe inbounds first should be a catch.

you could muck it up more by saying the ball itself must be in bounds and in control to count as a catch but then NFL losses a crowd pleaser type of catch to display for ratings.

RFABR

Reaction score
If BOTH the toe and heel have to be in bounds, what about all those toe-tap ONLY TD’s (L&R feet) that have been called??? My gosh, we’ve had 3 receivers alone that have scored multiple times on toe-tap TD’s: T. Williams, M. Gallup, and A. Cooper. The No-call was maddening considering this!
That toe tap TDs has the receiver touching out of bounds with another body part than the feet. So, the feet are in bounds (by the toes) and the receiver is "downed" by his elbow, shin, knee, whatever. Watch the Lamb sideline catch vs MIN with this in mind and you'll get it

There is no toe or heel on the rules, just feet.

Xeven

Reaction score
That toe tap TDs has the receiver touching out of bounds with another body part than the feet. So, the feet are in bounds (by the toes) and the receiver is "downed" by his elbow, shin, knee, whatever. Watch the Lamb sideline catch vs MIN with this in mind and you'll get it

There is no toe or heel on the rules, just feet.
Then his “feet” touched in bounds before they were out.

what if a dude is falling backward, heals implanted in bounds but toes are up off ground, catch made mid backward fall but then momentum brings player and feet out of bounds. Would it count if only heals were in bounds on the ground but toes were up in air?

shabazz

Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly, just 2 toes are ok if the receiver is facing out if bounds but if his back is to the line, 2 toes AND a heel doesn’t count……ok, makes sense to me:rolleyes:

regardless, beautiful throw and catch

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Going in the opposite direction (running towards the sideline), if the receiver’s heel lands inbounds but the toes land out of bounds on the white… nobody says, “But his heel hit first so it was a catch.” No, if his toes are on the white, then everyone knows it’s not a catch.

Why, when the toes hit first and then the heel lands out, do people think that is any different? The entire foot must land inbounds. Lamb’s heel was out of bounds. No catch.
sounds logical.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Every time I think I understand their damn catch rules- it seems to change. Didn't he tap his toe down in bounds before the heels touched down out of bounds? So you can toe tap along the sidelines, but not in the back of the end zone. This league gets closer and closer to the WWE with every game- what a joke.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Every time I think I understand their damn catch rules- it seems to change. Didn't he tap his toe down in bounds before the heels touched down out of bounds? So you can toe tap along the sidelines, but not in the back of the end zone. This league gets closer and closer to the WWE with every game- what a joke.
it's not been real for years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Looked like the toes touched inside before the rest of the foot came down.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m wondering about the sideline catches when they on their tippy toes and then fall out of bones they call that a catch. Is that because it was the end zone
Guess the rules are different in the endzone. Both toes touched in bounds then the heel came down and touched out. I figured they would reverse the call and make it a TD.

Sydla

Reaction score
I thought that was the purpose of the toe tap. I guess you have to tap and fall forward. Weird rule. I don't know how they come up with some of this nonsense.

Think of it this way. When a guy dives out of bounds and taps his toes, it would be physically impossible to expect them to get their heels down.

However when a guy is falling back like Lamb was, he can get his heel down physically. In this case, he did not.