Lamb a no-show with press is unaccountable

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the double standard. Some members say players talk way too much to the media. Other members respond with, "The CBA dictates players must speak with the media." That is true.

So, a player has a poor game overall. The media is salivating to get a soundbite. The player avoids the media for whatever reason they believe is more important to them, overriding their media requirement per the CBA. The previously stated latter members basically said they are okay with the player saying squat to the media.

Yep. CowboysZone.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. That lack of accountability and diva behavior is a big part of what’s killing this team.
It would have been beneficial for CeeDee to be available for questions but one incident does not a trend make. He has handled post game questions before when the team has lost. No rush to judgment just quite yet. He is young, even leaders of teams communicate poorly or not at all at times. Dak pissed me off with his comments after the loss to the Saints trying to place the blame on the media for hyping the greatness of the team after the win against the Browns.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I like the double standard. Some members say players talk way too much to the media. Other members respond with, "The CBA dictates players must speak with the media." That is true.

So, a player has a poor game overall. The media is salivating to get a soundbite. The player avoids the media for whatever reason they believe is more important to them, overriding their media requirement per the CBA. The previously stated latter members basically said they are okay with the player saying squat to the media.

Yep. CowboysZone.
It’s not a “double standard”. The CBA does not require players have their own podcasts or agreeing to guest on one. That’s the “talk way too much” fans may be concerned with. Players avoiding the media because they’re not pleased with their performance, when they are contractually obligated to, is even worse than talking too much. What other responsibilities does the player blow off?

Trevor Lawrence faced the media after his performance last night. I’m going to guess he’d have rather avoided that. He’s a man. That’s the”standard”.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lamb looks like a child here.

He loved talking to the media after he signed his huge contract.

Wussed out after playing like trash.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not a “double standard”. The CBA does not require players have their own podcasts or agreeing to guest on one. That’s the “talk way too much” fans may be concerned with. Players avoiding the media because they’re not pleased with their performance, when they are contractually obligated to, is even worse than talking too much. What other responsibilities does the player blow off?

Trevor Lawrence faced the media after his performance last night. I’m going to guess he’d have rather avoided that. He’s a man. That’s the”standard”.
That is your opinion. For example, I have repeatedly said some players have talked too much during interviews, etc., outside of podcasts or anything separate from team-related events, on this site, for decades.

CeeDee Lamb refused to speak to the media following the game. That was a team-related event. It was not a podcast.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The vast majority knew Jerry was going to resign Dak even though the fan base wasn't for it.

Said to trade Lamb and possibly even trade Parsons and get all we could for them. Build the trenches, trade for some DTs, and go after Henry or a decent 1-2 punch and let Dak game manage the offense. Or keep parsons and reinforce the line

Having lamb on a massive contract with a struggling OL and absolutely a joke of a running room is beyond dumb. No team fears our run game and blankets lamb and Cooks all game. Hopefully the OL gels quickly and the rookies pick it up. Talk about one dimensional
really you just put the blame on everybody but the fact that the second game now you go back to the Green Bay playoff game we have a wide receiver dropping passes and pounding on the sideline and now we have 1 fumbling in the game and dropping more passes and pounding on the sideline I don't see this I've seen some of the best in this game play with trash at quarterback and never miss a beat they play on bad teams and still put up big numbers you're making excuses for a guy who seems to be out of focus right now...

It's simple lamb needs to get his **** together stop blaming the team when it's him he has a problem holding on the **** he has a problem getting open he has a problem when he starts dropping passes blaming everyone else and pouting on the sideline I will take Dez Bryant and Terrell Owens and guys that are making scenes on the sidelines in a more positive manner even though it looks demonstrative over somebody who's giving up and then leaves without any accountability that's terrible that is on him and him alone..

Don't you think the irony here when he was not showing up in the game we made a late comeback and yes it was a comeback it wasn't garbage time with a bunch of other no name players making plays all over the field I find that ironic that you're saying that this team is garbage and that's why lamb can't contribute that's nonsense go look at some of the teams that Hopkins has played on or Adams has played on the guys get moved around I mean I remember in Arizona team that no matter what Larry Fitzgerald always showed up.. Have I even seen Terrell Owens go from team to team and always seem to put up 1000 yards he literally always seemed to be looking to be his best self no matter where he went...

So again, you're making excuses for lamb they're going to turn this around and he needs to get his head right that's it he needs to focus he needs to get back to being positive and wanna be part of the momentum moving forward and getting better as the season goes on..

Anybody here that's given up you sound like CD lamb you sound like we don't have enough games to get back on track even though just back in 2018 we started out three and five and ended up into the second round of the playoffs.. Hell I've seen a lot of teams start out slow hell that's almost been the identity of the Cincinnati Bengals and to a point it's happened to the San Francisco 49ers where they didn't seem to get going until later in the season we have the entire season to get this right and I know nobody has any confidence but I'm telling you right now stop making excuses for individual players they messed this up not Jerry there's a lot of talent on this team that just needs to stop playing hero ball stop making excuses after games go back look at the film and get your game right in as individuals they need to get their head right and get their game right because what I saw in that game is a lot of superstars out of position and giving up..

Loso86

Reaction score

You can’t call yourself a team leader, making top dollar at your position and just not show up for post game interview. Dak, D-Law, Micah, Trevon Diggs….they all faced the press.

This is usually unacceptable in places where accountability matters.

Oh so now if you don't show up to a press conference your not a leader lmao our fans suck!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fans like to hold up someone's head like it means anything.

Agree - who cares about the press conference.
We care about it because of the way he played the game poorly he cost his team points and momentum and then he pouts on the sideline and doesn't have the accountability Prescott has to sit and listen to all this crap on a weekly basis breaking down every snap and every play is it emphasis his fault that they're losing games when it's not and yet he stands up at the podium and takes accountability and sits there and has to listen to them criticize him and his teammates and then he has to answer questions...

We expect leaders on this team to do that you have bad games bad moments that can be overcome and it can be corrected but running away and not having some accountability and let your teammates drown when they're answering questions after the game that shows a lack of maturity and a lack of accountability that's what we're talking about here...

The fact is this is the second time this has happened it happened in the Green Bay game in the playoffs and now it happened again this needs to be stopped he's just got all this money because he held out saying he's the best player at his position and wants to be paid like it and you know what he hasn't started out this year like that guy he seemed a little too content to me he's not focused....

So that's what we're talking about we just want the man to have some accountability and some maturity some leadership that is talking after the game even though it's uncomfortable and you don't wanna do it..

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Seems like cracks are starting to show in the locker room. If they don't right the ship, things could get interesting by the end of the season.

Sydla

Reaction score
really you just put the blame on everybody but the fact that the second game now you go back to the Green Bay playoff game we have a wide receiver dropping passes and pounding on the sideline and now we have 1 fumbling in the game and dropping more passes and pounding on the sideline I don't see this I've seen some of the best in this game play with trash at quarterback and never miss a beat they play on bad teams and still put up big numbers you're making excuses for a guy who seems to be out of focus right now...

It's simple lamb needs to get his **** together stop blaming the team when it's him he has a problem holding on the **** he has a problem getting open he has a problem when he starts dropping passes blaming everyone else and pouting on the sideline I will take Dez Bryant and Terrell Owens and guys that are making scenes on the sidelines in a more positive manner even though it looks demonstrative over somebody who's giving up and then leaves without any accountability that's terrible that is on him and him alone..

Don't you think the irony here when he was not showing up in the game we made a late comeback and yes it was a comeback it wasn't garbage time with a bunch of other no name players making plays all over the field I find that ironic that you're saying that this team is garbage and that's why lamb can't contribute that's nonsense go look at some of the teams that Hopkins has played on or Adams has played on the guys get moved around I mean I remember in Arizona team that no matter what Larry Fitzgerald always showed up.. Have I even seen Terrell Owens go from team to team and always seem to put up 1000 yards he literally always seemed to be looking to be his best self no matter where he went...

So again, you're making excuses for lamb they're going to turn this around and he needs to get his head right that's it he needs to focus he needs to get back to being positive and wanna be part of the momentum moving forward and getting better as the season goes on..

Anybody here that's given up you sound like CD lamb you sound like we don't have enough games to get back on track even though just back in 2018 we started out three and five and ended up into the second round of the playoffs.. Hell I've seen a lot of teams start out slow hell that's almost been the identity of the Cincinnati Bengals and to a point it's happened to the San Francisco 49ers where they didn't seem to get going until later in the season we have the entire season to get this right and I know nobody has any confidence but I'm telling you right now stop making excuses for individual players they messed this up not Jerry there's a lot of talent on this team that just needs to stop playing hero ball stop making excuses after games go back look at the film and get your game right in as individuals they need to get their head right and get their game right because what I saw in that game is a lot of superstars out of position and giving up..
This is a lot of gibberish.

Sydla

Reaction score
We care about it because of the way he played the game poorly he cost his team points and momentum and then he pouts on the sideline and doesn't have the accountability Prescott has to sit and listen to all this crap on a weekly basis breaking down every snap and every play is it emphasis his fault that they're losing games when it's not and yet he stands up at the podium and takes accountability and sits there and has to listen to them criticize him and his teammates and then he has to answer questions...

We expect leaders on this team to do that you have bad games bad moments that can be overcome and it can be corrected but running away and not having some accountability and let your teammates drown when they're answering questions after the game that shows a lack of maturity and a lack of accountability that's what we're talking about here...

The fact is this is the second time this has happened it happened in the Green Bay game in the playoffs and now it happened again this needs to be stopped he's just got all this money because he held out saying he's the best player at his position and wants to be paid like it and you know what he hasn't started out this year like that guy he seemed a little too content to me he's not focused....

So that's what we're talking about we just want the man to have some accountability and some maturity some leadership that is talking after the game even though it's uncomfortable and you don't wanna do it..
LOL.

I love how the Dak homers are trying to make this about how Dak is a victim here.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Accountability to the press doesn't matter. Accountability to the locker room does.
It isn't about the press stop trying to twist it. No one cares about the press they are just people doing their job. It is about the 34 million dollar baby running to mommy wen things don't go his way. You think that plays well in the locker room? All the guys making a million bucks that kill themselves out there and no one cares. You think those guys think it is OK for princess to just do whatever he wants?

I guarantee you the locker room thinks that he should got up there and face the music. The only people who think otherwise are Diggs and Tank and Dak and Martin and Parsons. Do you see a trend here? Do you see the problem?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It isn't about the press stop trying to twist it. No one cares about the press they are just people doing their job. It is about the 34 million dollar baby running to mommy wen things don't go his way. You think that plays well in the locker room? All the guys making a million bucks that kill themselves out there and no one cares. You think those guys think it is OK for princess to just do whatever he wants?

I guarantee you the locker room thinks that he should got up there and face the music. The only people who think otherwise are Diggs and Tank and Dak and Martin and Parsons. Do you see a trend here? Do you see the problem?
This is you caring about the press lol

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This team has some serious problems. CeeDee is not one of them. Who cares about the press conference?
He isn't one of them? He absolutely is. A huge drop the GB playoff game set the tone on our first drive. Being careless with the ball that caused a turnover when we could have cut it to 4. He had a god awful game and seemed to stop trying. He got his payday and has mentally checked out. Not facing the press is the sign of being mentally weak and selfish.