Lamb Has Undeperformed

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez Bryant was unbelievable for awhile. He’s like 2nd or 3rd in receiving TDs for the franchise and didn’t play in his 30s here.

Dez was great for Dallas.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Surprise! It’s been two games, can we wait on declaring Ceedee a 2? 11 targets both games, improved to 7 for 75 game two. Can we give it at least half a season before declaring this guy is not a 1?

Like sheesh guys it’s been 2 weeks. Week 1 was his first week ever as an NFL WR1. Last week he did well. Let’s give him time before closing the door on Ceedee as WR1.

Am I declaring he’s that guy? No. But I do understand that it takes more than 2 weeks to decide such a thing. I know we love overreacting, it’s in this forums DNA, but let’s wait and see before declaring one thing or another.
The ball rarely hit his hands in game one and he did fine with a backup QB game two.

You people are a bit premature!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I tried to tell ya'll all since Lamb was a rookie that you don't realize how important it is having Cooper taking all the attention away.

Cooper might have been the most important player on our offense at the end of the day.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
One general comment is that Dallas' current system and QB's are not conducive to #1 WR's having good performances. At least, not since the Denver game. I would point to Coop.

CeeDee has some issues with drops and his top end speed isn't going to set any records. That said, he is certainly a victim of Dallas' issues on offense. Teams are trying to take away the intermediate routes for the WR's and KM isn't adjusting.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One general comment is that Dallas' current system and QB's are not conducive to #1 WR's having good performances. At least, not since the Denver game. I would point to Coop.

CeeDee has some issues with drops and his top end speed isn't going to set any records. That said, he is certainly a victim of Dallas' issues on offense. Teams are trying to take away the intermediate routes for the WR's and KM isn't adjusting.

And then you have that little fact that Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush are throwing him the football.

RS12

Reaction score
Lamb has been a disappointment.
Parcels 3 year rule coming up shortly. Not ready to give up on him but he might not be a one. Had a brutal game vs SF in the playoffs and that was with coverage rolled to Cooper.

pansophy

Reaction score
If Gallup is anywhere near 100% then the field should open up. The offense looks like it did before we traded for Amari -- defenses clogging the middle of the field because there is no outside threat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Surprise! It’s been two games, can we wait on declaring Ceedee a 2? 11 targets both games, improved to 7 for 75 game two. Can we give it at least half a season before declaring this guy is not a 1?

Like sheesh guys it’s been 2 weeks. Week 1 was his first week ever as an NFL WR1. Last week he did well. Let’s give him time before closing the door on Ceedee as WR1.

Am I declaring he’s that guy? No. But I do understand that it takes more than 2 weeks to decide such a thing. I know we love overreacting, it’s in this forums DNA, but let’s wait and see before declaring one thing or another.
I think he's performed to a T as I expected. Lamb is a #2/#1B type WR. He needs a route running fiend opposite him to be the most effective.

I like the player and he is a very nice O weapon, but also one you simply cannot overpay.

kskboys

Reaction score
Parcels 3 year rule coming up shortly. Not ready to give up on him but he might not be a one. Had a brutal game vs SF in the playoffs and that was with coverage rolled to Cooper.
Everything about him has screamed #2 type WR from the start, including his skillset, which by far the most important aspect of analyzing any player coming in.

kskboys

Reaction score
If Gallup is anywhere near 100% then the field should open up. The offense looks like it did before we traded for Amari -- defenses clogging the middle of the field because there is no outside threat.
Don't underrate the Rush effect. Lots of aspects become easier to defend the weaker the arm of the QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
I feel last game cooled the Lamb talk down a bit. The offense needed to adjust to losing several key players, they'll find new playmaker and roles for the players they have. I think KM is realizing CeeDee is a slot tho. Can a WR be a WR1 as a slot?
Edelman.

kskboys

Reaction score
It wasn’t Dallas. The entire scouting world had Jefferson a notch below the other receivers and felt he was slot specific.

He had Ja’Marr Chase and Terrace Marshall playing outside. So it’s easy to see why he played in the slot.
Not really. Jefferson is a route running fiend, the type of WR that stands out on game day.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not impressed, not for where he was drafted. You have your occasional snot wipe celebration from a 1st down, but his "show up" plays are few and far between. It's not going to be easier with a back up, but he needs to be a playmaker.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not impressed, not for where he was drafted. You have your occasional snot wipe celebration from a 1st down, but his "show up" plays are few and far between. It's not going to be easier with a back up, but he needs to be a playmaker.
I'm not sure if he's limited his own opportunities, or if the ball isn't finding him as much as it should be.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

He was WR 1 the past two seasons when Cooper missed games. He’s not a great route runner, so Moore needs to scheme him open….which he refused to do with the faster, better Cooper. You can survive without a #1 if you have 3 #2’s, but in the first two games we were running out 1 #2 and several #4’s or worse.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Lambs specialty is his speed and open field running. Hes not good running in traffic. He also was working against the #2 cb. Hes now facing the #1 cb and if needed double coverage.
He disappeared last 2 years whenever he was put in the #1 WR position. DK why anyone thought that would change this year. He needs a WR like Cooper to draw the attention/traffic from him. Hes a good #2
I went back and reread Jeffersons and Lambs reports. They suggest Jefferson is the better but Lamb faster. Our scouting department messed up
I think this is the overlooked part. We took Lamb when Jefferson was on the board and he is under performing severely compared to his draft mate

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lamb had a breakout season in 2021, making his first Pro Bowl. He's currently ranked #8. Rating this young man on 8 quarters play time is asinine & pure bitterness. BTW Cooper fans, Amari is ranked #30!

blueblood70

Reaction score

and a wide-open deep ball was overthrown last game as well to Lamb,.he would have had well over 100 had rush threw that better.

exciter

Reaction score
One more time(Drum roll pls) ...........its not his fault as I fear he will be wasted like Dez and Coop!!!!!
Lol! Ow wow… wasted Dez and Coop? Dez did absolutely nothing once he left here! Cooper earned himself a 100m contract while here, with some of his most productive seasons in his career!