Lamb Has Undeperformed

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Surprise! It’s been two games, can we wait on declaring Ceedee a 2? 11 targets both games, improved to 7 for 75 game two. Can we give it at least half a season before declaring this guy is not a 1?

Like sheesh guys it’s been 2 weeks. Week 1 was his first week ever as an NFL WR1. Last week he did well. Let’s give him time before closing the door on Ceedee as WR1.

Am I declaring he’s that guy? No. But I do understand that it takes more than 2 weeks to decide such a thing. I know we love overreacting, it’s in this forums DNA, but let’s wait and see before declaring one thing or another.
Hes not close to a 1, hasn't shown anything to suggest he is

exciter

Reaction score
I'm not, nor have I ever disputed that Cooper is a very good receiver, and his route running gets him open more than most WRs would. That said, Dak looked worse in this season's first game than I think I've ever seen him.
Tampa’s front six is good enough they can leave their safeties back in coverage. Cooper had 13 receptions in the game vs the last year. This year we ran out Lamb, a career #5 and a undrafted rookie. Did you see what they did to Winston the following week and he had Michael Thomas and Jarvis Landry… it included 3 ints!

fredp22

Reaction score
Most people don't normalize WR production against the attention they receive from the defense. WR #2 production is usually a mirage.

The irony is we dumped Cooper based on the production Gallup and Lamb got when they were playing second and third fiddle to Cooper.
Cooper was not resigned because he stood up to Jerry in the covid showdown they had . Ask Jimmy what happens when you publicly stand up to Jerry. Thats why he just dumped Cooper. They entire NFL community laughed at what we got in return but Jerry didnt care. He cares more about his ego being attacked than winning. Lamb production as a #2 was acceptable and dont think really played a part in Cooper not being resigned

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Surprise! It’s been two games, can we wait on declaring Ceedee a 2? 11 targets both games, improved to 7 for 75 game two. Can we give it at least half a season before declaring this guy is not a 1?

Like sheesh guys it’s been 2 weeks. Week 1 was his first week ever as an NFL WR1. Last week he did well. Let’s give him time before closing the door on Ceedee as WR1.

Am I declaring he’s that guy? No. But I do understand that it takes more than 2 weeks to decide such a thing. I know we love overreacting, it’s in this forums DNA, but let’s wait and see before declaring one thing or another.
Let’s get Gallup and Dak back

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

He’s a 2. Look at his skill set. But it doesn’t help to have a injured line to start the year. Tyler’s been good but best believe they’re scheming to make it easier for the rookie.

JayFord

Reaction score
I wonder do Vikings fans feel this way about Justin Jefferson since he isnt lighting up the football world either right now

Ozone22

Reaction score
Just imagine if the Boys didn't draft Cede how this WR group would look without him and Cooper.
Just like every other #1 receiver in the league. CeeDe needs a turn #2 to take some of those double teams that have turn into triple teams away

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just imagine if the Boys didn't draft Cede how this WR group would look without him and Cooper.
Just like every other #1 receiver in the league. CeeDe needs a turn #2 to take some of those double teams that have turn into triple teams away
If they didn't have CeeDee, they probably wouldn't have let Amari go.

plasticman

Reaction score
I distinctly remember Irvin coming back from his injury in 1990 and Joe Theismann remarking how the Cowboys hoped he could still be a serviceable backup.

He'd had a good rookie year in 1988 but was badly injured his 2nd year. He didn't come back until about midway through his 3rd year in 1990 but still didn't look right. However, he broke out in his 4th year. In fact, exploded out. He got over 90 receptions for over 1500 yards. That's a lot more than he had in his previous three seasons combined.

In the 90's, social media was almost in it's infancy. That is, the history of the internet might go back to the 70's but even up to the late 90's, a very small percentage of the population was using the internet as a form of communication. I sometimes wonder how much perception would have changed our opinions if the internet was a popular then as it is now. Back then, they didn't get the minute by minute scrutinization that NFL players get today.

In my opinion, at the same point in his career that CeeDee is presently in, Irvin would have been labeled injury prone and a bust. Michael did not catch a pass in his 3rd season until game #7 and he had a total of 20 receptions for that season.

CeeDee will have 15 more opportunities to prove something this season and I think that it will click for him at some point. Then we can look back on some of these morbid posts and have a giggle or two.

erod

Reaction score

Hard to be great when you're hamstrung with bad quarterbacking.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lambs specialty is his speed and open field running. Hes not good running in traffic. He also was working against the #2 cb. Hes now facing the #1 cb and if needed double coverage.
He disappeared last 2 years whenever he was put in the #1 WR position. DK why anyone thought that would change this year. He needs a WR like Cooper to draw the attention/traffic from him. Hes a good #2
I went back and reread Jeffersons and Lambs reports. They suggest Jefferson is the better but Lamb faster. Our scouting department messed up
It never ceases to amaze me how many NFL Scouts visit here. Do y’all get paid to post?

GINeric

Reaction score

Alot of people here don't understand football. If a guy doesn't break out within the first year, they consider him a bum. Same thing with other positions on the team.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
If Gallup is anywhere near 100% then the field should open up. The offense looks like it did before we traded for Amari -- defenses clogging the middle of the field because there is no outside threat.
I fear we’ll find out that coop made both of them,

stinkface

Reaction score
I wonder do Vikings fans feel this way about Justin Jefferson since he isnt lighting up the football world either right now
Well, he had 184 yards his first game of the season so I'm thinking its not a fair comparison. Do agree he had a bad game yesterday for sure. PS. Jamar Chase only had 24 yards yesterday and everyone knows he's a stud. Sometimes good players have bad games. What CeeDee needs to do is show he can put up 150 yards and a couple of TD's in a game. Sure has not shown that this year so far.