Lamb looks like a legit WR with a competent QB

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I can understand that.
However. There are those that been this way from the start, about him. Even other times when he was playing very well.
They used the team winning when they won. But an obvious team loss, it was Dak’s fault.

Yes I remember those threads which bashed and discredited Dak for not throwing for over 200 yards in games the Cowboys won, during his first 1-3 seasons in the NFL. And if he had a bus driver type of game, there were threads being made about how the team won despite of Dak or how Dak had nothing to do with the win. And this was while he was still on his rookie contact, even though some tries to make it seem like he only started to get heavily criticize after his big contact.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Qb is always going get to get more credit and more blame than they probably deserve. That is nothing new. Dak showed up healthy against Tampa and laid an egg. That is not really debatable. He was terrible.
So, maybe not a great time to say he should be put back in when his back-up is 3-0. He's pushing hard for an early return against LA b/c he knows if Cooper beats LA, he may not get his job back for a while.

And if Cooper Rush gets the starting job and lays an egg in a game, does that mean we go back to Dak?

leeblair

Reaction score
You come across as. Eagles fan. Trying too hard. To say Dak can’t even be a backup in this league….you are trolling or simply don’t understand football. It’s pathetic either way.
Or, maybe I understand the game better than you think.
Dak doesn't have the mentality to be an NFL quarterback. He's a great athlete, but just not a leader or instilled with the instincts to be a quarterback at the NFL level.

Shane612

Reaction score
Funny we dont hear

“he gets no separation!”

“hes a 2 not a 1”

“we shouldve never traded amari!”

“yea the ball was behind him, but thats a catch he has to make!”
I was not a big Amari fan, but to be fair, I don't think Dak gave him enough looks.
There were too many game when I asked "is Amari playing?" or "Where is Amari?".
Is that on Amari or is it on Dak?....~shrug.
:huh:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if Cooper Rush gets the starting job and lays an egg in a game, does that mean we go back to Dak?

Do you remember how Dak took the job from Romo? Garret decided to go with the "hot hand". It didn't matter that Dak was limited to half the playbook and did not have near the same command of the offense as Romo. Cooper needs to keep winning and making plays to keep the job and that's fair. If Cooper beats LA to go 4-0 with wins against both super bowl teams for a year ago.......... how do you bench him? Dak knows this and thats why he is pushing hard for an early return from injury.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The point is to move on from Dak. Now we've seen the potential of the Cowboys with a real quarterback.

yes we go from scoring 56 to 20...the rest of the league is right we dont desrve nice things

starcity214

Reaction score
Honestly I think Rush is nothing more than a good back up QB. The problem is we have gotten used to Dak throwing behind receivers that Rush looks like a Hall of famer compared to him lol

Notice how our WRs aren't running 4 hook routes every down anymore just standing still in a spot and looking back at the QB for a catch lol

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Or, maybe I understand the game better than you think.
Dak doesn't have the mentality to be an NFL quarterback. He's a great athlete, but just not a leader or instilled with the instincts to be a quarterback at the NFL level.
Stop spewing garbage please.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The point is to move on from Dak. Now we've seen the potential of the Cowboys with a real quarterback.

Cooper Rush hasn't done enough for the Cowboys just to drop everything for him after 3 games. Not even a big enough sample size.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Do you remember how Dak took the job from Romo? Garret decided to go with the "hot hand". It didn't matter that Dak was limited to half the playbook and did not have near the same command of the offense as Romo. Cooper needs to keep winning and making plays to keep the job and that's fair. If Cooper beats LA to go 4-0 with wins against both super bowl teams for a year ago.......... how do you bench him? Dak knows this and thats why he is pushing hard for an early return from injury.

Again I already said before how 2-3 games would not have been enough for Dak to take Romo's job, if Romo was able to come back earlier in the season. What happens if the defense isn't always able to hold teams to one TD per game, while the offense is having these long lulls of not scoring while Cooper Rush is the QB or they can't punch the ball into the endzone enough, And a game is needed where Rush needs to score 30 points to win a game or has to keep leading scoring drives to keep the Cowboys in the game,

We still have seen Cooper Rush fully tested in all situations and pressures that as starting QB has to face throughout a season and throughout his career.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I was not a big Amari fan, but to be fair, I don't think Dak gave him enough looks.
There were too many game when I asked "is Amari playing?" or "Where is Amari?".
Is that on Amari or is it on Dak?....~shrug.
:huh:
Ive been saying the QB is the problem here for the last 6 years.

Amari had 1 100yd game last year with Dak and that came in week 1.

If anybody is mad that Coop isnt here anymore, blame the QB

leeblair

Reaction score
yes we go from scoring 56 to 20...the rest of the league is right we dont desrve nice things
It's not how much you score, but when you score it.
It doesn't do much good to score 38 points after falling behind 42 points.
It doesn't do much good to score in the third and fourth quarter if you lost the game in the first half.
Don't worry about what the "rest of the league" says; worry about what you know needs fixed at home.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's not how much you score, but when you score it.
It doesn't do much good to score 38 points after falling behind 42 points.
It doesn't do much good to score in the third and fourth quarter if you lost the game in the first half.
Don't worry about what the "rest of the league" says; worry about what you know needs fixed at home.

Umm he beat that bum team by 40 so keep telling me this

Kellen sucks as a QB and an OC...