Lamb, Tolbert, Fehoko as the Starting 3?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to leave out Turpin, but I have a feeling he'll solidify his role as a PR. Maybe get some reps at slot, eventually.

But wouldn't it be great if Fehoko makes a big enough improvement this year to get the #3 spot?

I think he can do it. It would give our offense the speed it needs, and could help the run game some if he can hit on some of those deep routes.

plymkr

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to leave out Turpin, but I have a feeling he'll solidify his role as a PR. Maybe get some reps at slot, eventually.

But wouldn't it be great if Fehoko makes a big enough improvement this year to get the #3 spot?

I think he can do it. It would give our offense the speed it needs, and could help the run game some if he can hit on some of those deep routes.
If Fehoko keeps up his good camp then anything is possible. He'd be a steal money wise for the cap. All he has to do is be serviceable until Gallup is 100%. I'm rooting for him and Tolbert. On offense Tolbert is my pet cat. On Defense the safety is, the UDFA safety. But I don't care who steps up, Tolbert or Fehoko, as long as one of them puts up the effort Wilson did. Just hold the fort till Gallup gets back.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Brown has had too good of a camp not to be in that mix, besides he offers the most experience of any receiver. Tolbert will get his but it won't be as one of the starting receivers.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Brown.

I've changed my mind on him this season, and I'm hoping he makes it and contributes more on offense.

DanA

Reaction score
At the moment it looks like “by committee” behind Lamb and Gallup (once healthy). I feel like camp has unearthed a lot of guys that look deserving of a role at NFL level, but nobody has knocked training camp out of the park and looked a nailed on starter.

There’s 3-4 guys that to me probably are delivering shy of what Cedric Wilson was last season, but probably look as good or better than Bryce Butler in his day or Malik Turner last year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
CeeDee
Gallup
Tolbert
Noah
Fehoko
Vasher

These are the six I would choose to make up our WR corps. Each one has his own qualities that can help our Offense on the field.

Turpin can be listed as Special Teams (punt returner). His spot on the 53 takes over the FB position which we won't need (goodbye Nall...a TE like Jake Ferguson could be used at FB when a FB is needed for a lead block). Turpin can come in an be used sparingly when needed on Offense.

POST EDIT: Since the Cowboys placed Michael Gallup on the preseason PUP (player unable to perform) list which lasts ONLY through preseason, they can also include him on the regular season PUP/Injury Reserve list to start the regular season which would force him to sit out the first 4 games. This would give him the extra time needed to fully recover and be ready from a torn ACL.

If this happens, this temporary roster spot could open up a WR spot for UDFA Dennis Houston who has been performing well so far in training camp, but it would be temporary. The Cowboys would have to decide whether to keep Houston while cutting someone else once Gallup comes back in October, or they could cut Houston after 4 weeks with hopes that he makes it down to their practice squad.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Noah Brown has been terrific in camp.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why can't we wait until preseason? People always handing out jobs because of practices. Jobs are won when the lights come on. I don't care how well Noah Brown played in practice

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CeeDee
Gallup
Tolbert
Noah
Fehoko
Vasher

These are the six I would choose to make up our WR corps. Each one has his own qualities that can help our Offense on the field.

Turpin can be listed as Special Teams (punt returner). His spot on the 53 takes over the FB position which we won't need (goodbye Nall...a TE like Jake Ferguson could be used at FB when a FB is needed for a lead block). Turpin can come in an be used sparingly when needed on Offense.

POST EDIT: Since the Cowboys placed Michael Gallup on the preseason PUP (player unable to perform) list which lasts ONLY through preseason, they can also include him on the regular season PUP/Injury Reserve list to start the regular season which would force him to sit out the first 4 games. This would give him the extra time needed to fully recover and be ready from a torn ACL.

If this happens, this temporary roster spot could open up a WR spot for UDFA Dennis Houston who has been performing well so far in training camp, but it would be temporary. The Cowboys would have to decide whether to keep Houston while cutting someone else once Gallup comes back in October, or they could cut Houston after 4 weeks with hopes that he makes it down to their practice squad.

Don't forget about Washington when he is ready to return as well. He could send Vasher to the PS.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Could easily see this scenerio.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Turpin, whose prowess as a receiver may be overshadowed by his expertise as a returner. Fehoko has been a pleasant surprise at camp, w/highlights & reliable tendencies during the early goings. Even still, w/young players showing out, the position is a question mark w/Washington & Gallup out for the start of the season. Getcha popcorn ready folks!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yeah Garrett made him not do anything in preseason games. Lol dude is trash
The physical tools have always been there for Noah. He hasn't taken advantage of his limited opportunities as of yet. But here's a little nugget for you. A man's mind doesn't fully mature until he reaches the ripe age of 26. Noah is 26 and if he doesn't step his game up this year then we can call him trash.

DFWJC

Reaction score

For the first 3 games? Maybe so
Or maybe Brown

Again though, the starting 3 for 13-14 games of the season should be
  • Lamb
  • Gallup
  • Tolbert or other

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The physical tools have always been there for Noah. He hasn't taken advantage of his limited opportunities as of yet. But here's a little nugget for you. A man's mind doesn't fully mature until he reaches the ripe age of 26. Noah is 26 and if he doesn't step his game up this year then we can call him trash.
We'll see tonight. I'm tired of him occupying a roster spot because he can block as a receiver