Lamb, Tolbert, Fehoko as the Starting 3?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree. If their Defense takes the next step then this will be a good plan. Will also give the young receivers time to acclimate and up to speed

Getting the running game going again is a must. But its really about the Oline getting it going.

IF I could build a team it would be a defense first team that can run the football and throw bombs off play action. Like the old Commanders teams with the 3 amigos.

CWR

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to leave out Turpin, but I have a feeling he'll solidify his role as a PR. Maybe get some reps at slot, eventually.

But wouldn't it be great if Fehoko makes a big enough improvement this year to get the #3 spot?

I think he can do it. It would give our offense the speed it needs, and could help the run game some if he can hit on some of those deep routes.

I'm not defaulting Tolbert to #2, especially when another rookie is out shinning him. I wouldn't be suprised to see Noah Brown as the 2 either. Coaches love experience.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to leave out Turpin, but I have a feeling he'll solidify his role as a PR. Maybe get some reps at slot, eventually.

But wouldn't it be great if Fehoko makes a big enough improvement this year to get the #3 spot?

I think he can do it. It would give our offense the speed it needs, and could help the run game some if he can hit on some of those deep routes.

Your projected lineup is a distinct possibility.

More important, rakish poster, this belief in youth brings up somewhat of a departure from the past.
In the past, Jerry would heat up the cell towers looking for broken-down FAs, Jags with catchy names and even rougish, cancerous players.
Today, Jerry has associates whispering in his ear tha ... screw tha old and broken down, LET US GROW OUR OWN!

Tha you predict a lineup is not newsworthy, cad, but tha the growing feeling of trusting our instincts, and youth, will bring us to the font of glory.

("Battle Hum of tha Republic" fades out. @Cowpolk covers me in a cape and I limp off the CZ stage.)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm not defaulting Tolbert to #2, especially when another rookie is out shinning him. I wouldn't be suprised to see Noah Brown as the 2 either. Coaches love experience.

Noah Brown.:laugh:
Just because Noah has not stepped up in 6 years does not mean he can't in 7-10 years!
:)

Havic

Reaction score
Lamb, Brown, Houston if I were to take a guess now.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It really only matters what the coaches see in practice with the 1st team QB.

They may already have their minds made up that Tolbert is going to get the start.

On the other hand, you could be right. Maybe it's Lamb and Fehoko, or Lamb and Houston as the #2, 3 until Gallup gets back.

I agree that practice will play a big role, but it seems to me that even in practice, Houston is drawing more praise, even from the starting QB, than Tolbert. I'm not saying the Cowboys coaches, QB aren't pleased with Tolbert. I do think as a third-round pick that the expectations are higher for Tolbert contributing than Houston, but it seems to me that Houston is showing more.

It's possible with us not having a clear No. 2 that Brown, Houston, Fehoko, Tolbert, Pollard and maybe even Turpin will be used in a combination where none of them will be that clear No. 2. I'm afraid of the receiver-by-committee approach, though, because all it might mean is that we don't have anyone who really proved worthy of being the second starter.

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lamb, Brown, Houston if I were to take a guess now.

That's where I'd lean, although I'd really like to see Fehoko beat out Brown because he brings such a good size/speed combo that the other WRs don't offer. He seems to be coming on, so we'll see how it ends up.