Lance: 5th Year Option Declined

Flamma

Reaction score
Hypothetical question. If Lance were to somehow start this year and lead the Cowboys to the NFCCG or SB, then he would technically be a FA in 2025?
Yeah, that's what it looks like. But Dallas would probably pay him top market value if that happened.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Sure makes the trade seem stupid.
Only if you think the possibility of getting a starting qb for a late 4th round pick isn’t worth it. It’s still not over. He will have a full offseason and will get a chance to showcase to us a little in preseason and we’ll know by then if we have anything for during the season if needed. Imagine hitting on a very good young starting QB for a 4th rounder.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Hypothetical question. If Lance were to somehow start this year and lead the Cowboys to the NFCCG or SB, then he would technically be a FA in 2025?
He would actually be a free agent. Hopefully they would have approached him for an extension when he started playing well.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Did anyone think they would pick up a $22Mil tab? Doesn't mean he's leaving.
Agreed but I have to believe that if Dak is extended Lance is good as gone. He will only get so many chances to compete for a starting spot in his career.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Only if you think the possibility of getting a starting qb for a late 4th round pick isn’t worth it. It’s still not over. He will have a full offseason and will get a chance to showcase to us a little in preseason and we’ll know by then if we have anything for during the season if needed. Imagine hitting on a very good young starting QB for a 4th rounder.
I woulda sent Lance plus multiple FRP's and SRP's to move up for a QB.

Since FRP QB's is the only way to win.

Then I would overpay them on their second contract since market value is insane.