Lance Dunbar To Visit Rams **Signs With Rams**

phildadon86

Reaction score
This can make or break my day. Really want him gone. I want Elliott there on third downs. Still cant believe he sat on the sidelines in that GB game. Not like he was rested or anything....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've known Alex for a number of years. This is one of his favorite threads. He enjoys posting it because he knows how much this guts our fan base.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Currently, our backups are Alfred Morris and Rod Smith.

I prefer not wishing for our players to sign with another team until we have replacements for them. I understand the sentiment of not wanting Dunbar causing Elliott to be taken off the field on third downs, but would you rather Smith do it?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Must pull out all the stops to prevent this from happening. Dunbar is poised to have a big year with all the creative plays being designed for him by Linehan.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Currently, our backups are Alfred Morris and Rod Smith.

The draft is viewed as a panacea for every other position that we have failed to address, why not running back as well?

I prefer not wishing for our players to sign with another team until we have replacements for them. I understand the sentiment of not wanting Dunbar causing Elliott to be taken off the field on third downs, but would you rather Smith do it?
So help me understand. You are willing to devote some of our limited resources to a player they cannot even figure out how to use appropriately?

Every dime they would pay a player like Dunbar could be used elsewhere and more efficiently.

The sentiment is that Dunbar is taking snaps away from our best player. Why would you pay for the privilege?

rynochop

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg
Ha is there anyone you'd sign unless it's a one year veteran minimum?

Alexander

Reaction score
Must pull out all the stops to prevent this from happening. Dunbar is poised to have a big year with all the creative plays being designed for him by Linehan.
If this is not sarcasm, prepare for righteous and furious anger that you just won't be able to handle.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Let's see 5 years with the Cowboys. Total rushes, 94 Total catches 68. So in 80 regular season games he is averaging a bit over 1 carry a game and less then one pass reception a game. Total salary earned in Dallas 3.7 million dollars over 5 years. So he is averaging 23,000 dollars per touch during his career. In summary, let him go elsewhere. :)

http://overthecap.com/player/lance-dunbar/641/

Alexander

Reaction score
Let's see 5 years with the Cowboys. Total rushes, 94 Total catches 68. So in 80 regular season games he is averaging a bit over 1 carry a game and less then one pass reception a game. Total salary earned in Dallas 3.7 million dollars over 5 years. So he is averaging 23,000 dollars per touch during his career. In summary, let him go elsewhere. :)

Five years. Just amazing.

You would think they drafted him in the first round and felt they had to keep trying to justify the investment.

There always seems to be a player like this. Lynn Scott, Kevin Ogletree, Phil Costa. All players that simply are not good but keep getting signed back.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm not going to hold my breathe until I actually see his silhouette riding off into the sunset. After that, I may throw a block party!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft is viewed as a panacea for every other position that we have failed to address, why not running back as well?

It's covered....

Question: Should the Cowboys draft a RB or re-sign McFadden just in case something happens to Zeke and he's suspended?

Jon Machota: Regardless of what happens with Zeke off the field I think the Cowboys need to draft a RB in the later rounds. They need depth at the position and good backs can be found in rounds 5, 6 and 7. Even though they drafted Elliott fourth overall last year they still picked Darius Jackson in the sixth. Jackson was claimed by Cleveland during the season. I think Dallas will draft a back at some point.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...stions-9-am-friday-march-17-ask-questions-now