Lance Dunbar To Visit Rams **Signs With Rams**

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I think in our first 3rd down situation at home in the 2017 season the Cowboys should line up with 10 men on the field and no RB as a show of respect for Dunbar.

Imagine that moment.

LOL i remember reading something similar on extremeskins after the unfortunately situation with Sean Taylor....i think his name was.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We lose
Leary-4...............9m
Church-5............6.5m
McClain-5..........5.2m
Wilcox-6.............4m*
JCrawford-6.......3.5m*
RDavis-7..............1m*

Sanchez-6
Carr-6
Escobar-7
Durant-7
Gachkar-7
Dunbar-7
*= cancelled by FAs we signed below

We sign- count
NCarroll-6..............3.5m*
Paea-7...................2m*
DMoore-7..............800k*

That is where we stood before he signed. I would say now he cancels out Paea, Carroll cancels out Crawford, and that opens up the 6th rounder for Wilcox giving us the maximum of 4 picks. Hopefully some others sign bigger deals so we can get some more 4th or 5ths.

This is very helpful. Thanks. :)

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He didn't have the burst last season that he had in the past. Too bad because he looked like a real matchup problem in 2015 when he became more adept at catching the ball. Then Romo got hurt and then he got hurt, again.

Not sure why all of the hate for him. He was a UDFA that was poorly used by Garrett and that got unfortunately injured. All of this talk of him taking away reps from young RB's is stupid...if you can't beat out a #3 RB then you don't deserve to be in the league.

I honestly don't think he's a bad pickup for the Rams. For us, I'd like to see EE more on 3rd downs, but I still want a player that can spell him and it's not easy to find that backup RB that has an all-around game. You're more likely to find a #2 RB that can run the ball and a #3 RB that can catch.

YR

ShiningStar

Reaction score
leave it to the Commanders to say "you gotta penalize teams for being stupid"

Dont worry Dallas will match it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dunbar was a terrific player that couldn't stay healthy long enough to truly launch his career here.

That's why you don't draft guys like the Ross guy from U of Washington. Little dudes usually can't weather the NFL.

True, but,,, Dunbar pretty much blew his knee out trying to be the hairy chested super hero fielding that kick 3 yards deep in the end zone,,, as I recall ,he wasn't even touched.
JG had some slicky boy plays designed with him in mind(I think) that were (again, I think) supposed to generate points,but once used the defenses would be hip when ever they saw #25 come in(might of been why he was adamantly rotated in on 3rd downs,,,?)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just got an alert he signed a 1 year $3 million contract.
Anyone see any tweets on this.

I am glad this happened, and a comp pick too.

So is DMC on the radar to return now?

Didn't see if it was posted yet.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
To be honest Dunbar and McFadden can all sign somewhere else. Should have kept Darius Jackson but either way we need to draft a back to backup Zeke

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You think when he's ready to hang it up he'll be willing to sign a one day contract to retire a Cowboy?

I hate free agency.

Just so you know, I still laugh to this day over that lance dunbar spoof you brilliantly posted concerning the cardinal R.B. and his emulation of Emmitt Smith when he was a kid .
well done.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
He didn't have the burst last season that he had in the past. Too bad because he looked like a real matchup problem in 2015 when he became more adept at catching the ball. Then Romo got hurt and then he got hurt, again.

Not sure why all of the hate for him. He was a UDFA that was poorly used by Garrett and that got unfortunately injured. All of this talk of him taking away reps from young RB's is stupid...if you can't beat out a #3 RB then you don't deserve to be in the league.

I honestly don't think he's a bad pickup for the Rams. For us, I'd like to see EE more on 3rd downs, but I still want a player that can spell him and it's not easy to find that backup RB that has an all-around game. You're more likely to find a #2 RB that can run the ball and a #3 RB that can catch.

YR
Good post!
What's wrong with Darren McFadden being THAT duel purpose dude?