Lance Dunbar To Visit Rams **Signs With Rams**

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Good question.

All of them "count" in terms of the offset far as I know.

But if what you are saying is accurate, every middling free agent contract would trigger a comp pick if a team loses more than they sign.

They do, up until 32 comp picks are awarded. Dunbar's deal will certainly be a factor in Dallas' comp picks as I have shown in the previous post.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That is where we stood before he signed. I would say now he cancels out Paea, Carroll cancels out Crawford, and that opens up the 6th rounder for Wilcox giving us the maximum of 4 picks. Hopefully some others sign bigger deals so we can get some more 4th or 5ths.

That's completely feasible. I just think there is this impression that we would get dozens of comp picks, but that is simply not the case. They get "credit" for him signing elsewhere, but it is not like getting a 7th in return for his loss. Four picks between what has been lost in totality will be the end result.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
That's completely feasible. I just think there is this impression that we would get dozens of comp picks, but that is simply not the case.

Those people don't understand the process. No team can get more than 4 comp picks and they only award 32 maximum. Basically one extra round worth of picks.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
2016 Hayden...check
2017 Church...check.
Wilcox...check.
Crawford...check.
Dunbar...check.
Free...check.

Now if we can just rid ourselves of Jerry, Stephen, Garrett and Maranelli we will really have something going here.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
2016 Hayden...check
2017 Church...check.
Wilcox...check.
Crawford...check.
Dunbar...check.
Free...check.

Now if we can just rid ourselves of Jerry, Stephen, Garrett and Maranelli we will really have something going here.
Jack Crawford got under your skin that bad??:D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

rs_500x205-141111110719-tumblr_inline_n6zfifb7EU1roqajj.gif

SEE+YA!+JPG.jpg

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We lose
Leary-4...............9m
Church-5............6.5m
McClain-5..........5.2m
Wilcox-6.............4m*
JCrawford-6.......3.5m*
RDavis-7..............1m*

Sanchez-6
Carr-6
Escobar-7
Durant-7
Gachkar-7
Dunbar-7
*= cancelled by FAs we signed below

We sign- count
NCarroll-6..............3.5m*
Paea-7...................2m*
DMoore-7..............800k*

That is where we stood before he signed. I would say now he cancels out Paea, Carroll cancels out Crawford, and that opens up the 6th rounder for Wilcox giving us the maximum of 4 picks. Hopefully some others sign bigger deals so we can get some more 4th or 5ths.

this is a good post and ty for the effort.

sadly im afraid this is what Dallas sees as winning the SB. Or if they dont, than some fans need to realize, Dallas is no longer thinking SB.

Leary we knew was gone and rightly so.

I wouldnt mind losing Wilcox or Church, i didnt believe Dallas would let both walk.

J Crawford was a no brainer, if my cat signed on he was replaced.

McClain i had hope that since we love solid over super star, he would have stayed. Sadly to some teams solid is in demand.

Now as shocking and hurtful as losing some of that awesome talent, as many here would say, we replace it with "meh" so in effect, those people will even be more excited. Its like being mad Peterson is a great RB for your team and you desperately want to see Lance Dunbar in your uniform. PS dont worry Rams, you got a great one.

Even if im looking at it on paper its nothing exciting unless you are into numbers.

Gaede

Reaction score
dWEyA_s-200x150.gif

Never have I been more excited to see a player sign somewhere else. Our coaches needed this to help them resist the temptation of actually believing Dunbar was a contributor.

My exact feeling right now

RS12

Reaction score
Welp, guess we can pencil Pumphrey in our draft contest mid rounds.

erod

Reaction score
Dunbar was a terrific player that couldn't stay healthy long enough to truly launch his career here.

That's why you don't draft guys like the Ross guy from U of Washington. Little dudes usually can't weather the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dunbar was a terrific player that couldn't stay healthy long enough to truly launch his career here.

Sure he was...

And what was the excuse for him doing nothing this past season when he was on the field? "Gavin Escobar Syndrome"? Another one of these "terrific players" that Dallas just can't seem to capitalize on that awesome ability?

Sometimes a guy just isn't nearly as good as some thought or hoped or claimed he was, and it would be nice if people could finally admit it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One interesting note - When we get those comp picks next year that means we can make bad trades because we'll have free extra picks. I look forward to it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
One interesting note - When we get those comp picks next year that means we can make bad trades because we'll have free extra picks. I look forward to it.
Maybe we can grab Wentz for a 5th round comp pick. Thats all he'll be worth after next season

reddyuta

Reaction score
https://lh4.***BROKEN***/proxy/6IiwzGuzwYxOER-enUP4hzLQRtk_lP36srffGDnnVOilQ8VPwQYLWSHVe6e3eCjHfNKPK-2_crAvRXR55EMR6bEjaTQ0mgv-6KwfeuFzv2Q4=w480-h269-nc