Lance starts last game right?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It will be time to pull the bandaid off. Dak is making things hard again with his MVP level play. Still they need to see what they have with Lance eventually. I doubt that last game will have any significant impact in the standings. Dallas is not catching Philly so very likely a 12 win 5 seed. I truly want Lance to get the start that game.

Thoughts?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It will be time to pull the bandaid off. Dak is making things hard again with his MVP level play. Still they need to see what they have with Lance eventually. I doubt that last game will have any significant impact in the standings. Dallas is not catching Philly so very likely a 12 win 5 seed. I truly want Lance to get the start that game.

Thoughts?
Even if we are not playing for home field, we might be playing for playoff positioning depending on what happens with Seattle. If we're at 12 wins, then most likely we can mostly play backups against Washington since the Seahawks already have five losses.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The MVP level play is only because of the garbage can teams Dak has been beating up on. As far as Lance is concerned, if playoff seeding won't change whether they win or lose, sure, let Lance get some game time and let Dak rest for his one and done playoff game.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
If there is no seeding to play for at all then I wouldn’t mind Lance getting the start. I have no illusions that he will be better then Dak, but if he looks decent or flashes some potential it would be both important for a potential backup here or a potential trade, though I doubt we are gonna get a 4th out of a trade with only one game on display.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The MVP level play is only because of the garbage can teams Dak has been beating up on. As far as Lance is concerned, if playoff seeding won't change whether they win or lose, sure, let Lance get some game time and let Dak rest for his one and done playoff game.
I agree on Dak and the team as a whole. Bad teams but they are pounding on them. To me outside of a big playoff run I am not extending Dak. He will have to be lights out in the playoffs to even entertain the discussion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Why is Dak’s MVP play making things hard again? You would rather have him play poorly so Trey Lance could be our QB? Lol I hate to break it to you but as long as Cooper Rush is our backup QB he’s going to get the work if Dak gets injured, or we sit our starters in the season finale. Our backup QB is the one who needs the work in the event Dak is injured in the playoffs. He’s the one who has to be sharp and ready to go if needed. The only way Lance would see the field this season is if both Dak and Rush were injured or as a situational QB, if the Cowboys had a package for him. It doesn’t appear the Cowboys are going to use him that way so we won’t be seeing Lance until training camp and preseason next summer when he’s battling Rush for the backup job. you might as well get used to Dak as our QB, because he will be extended.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Thoughts?
They see more than enough in practice and in camp next summer. There’s a reason most teams don’t value preseason games anymore. They see more than enough in practice. There’s no teason to do anything to mess with team chemistry or a hot streak.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It's funny how the garbage can thing just became a thing this year with Dak. Eagles beat trash all reg season last year and not a word was said. Interesting

RFABR

Reaction score
Considering a meaningless game wk 17, they'll probably play Lance in the 2nd half, when the lights will be even lower.

No way they make him start (behind 2nd string OL) and turn the game into a big deal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They see more than enough in practice and in camp next summer. There’s a reason most teams don’t value preseason games anymore. They see more than enough in practice. There’s no teason to do anything to mess with team chemistry or a hot streak.
Every team values preseason games, they just don’t want to get starters hurt which is why many starters don’t play in them. Preseason games are very valuable for players who are battling for jobs and for getting young players ready to play. Teams don’t tackle in practice so you need preseason games to get young players ready for the regular season. One of the big reasons Dak played so well as a rookie was all the preseason work he got.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t see the final week of the season being meaningless. We’ll either have an outside shot at the NFC East or we could improve our seeding. If things were to start going sideways once we start playing these better teams coming up, we may need the final game of the season just to make the playoffs. Let’s not forget the Cowboys have three conference losses which factor into wildcard tiebreakers.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's funny how the garbage can thing just became a thing this year with Dak. Eagles beat trash all reg season last year and not a word was said. Interesting
Well, maybe it's because unlike Dallas, they can somehow beat the garbage teams and the better teams. Dallas hasn't done that yet this season, Philthy has.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Thoughts?
So last season we saw the Cowboys play the Commanders even when we pretty much knew the Eagles were winning the division. Dak is starting that game....and Rush will be the backup. Maybe they carry 3 that game. But we will see Dak and Rush that game.

Kwyn

Reaction score
But you’ll be rooting for Dak to play well in that playoff game and hoping for a Cowboy victory!