Lance starts last game right?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will wait until week 18 to care or not. But would be nice to be in that position for him to get some snaps.
But I doubt it very much.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is really getting ahead of ourselves, but if it turns out that game has no meaning than I am all for seeing what Lance can do. I think you still give Dak and the starters a few series though.

I also wish the Cowboys could have traded for Lance sooner. Would have been fun to see him in the preseason.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And who, pray tell, are you going to get to start for the Dallas Cowboys who are currently in a contending position for Super Bowl berth that’s better than Dak.

Or you’re telling me you’ll let a franchise QB walk for nothing in Return, but compensatory draft picks? Am I understanding your plan correctly?
With Dak's cap hit next year hitting $59,455 million and the cost to cut him being $61,915 million, I think it's silly to expect anything other than an extension just from a financial standpoint. The challenge will be that they still owe him $30 million in bonus money next year and $25 million the next year, which means his base needs to be low for those two years and most of the new guaranteed/bonus money needs to be in years 3-5. I mean, if they just take $25 million of his base next year and convert it to guaranteed bonus and add some big years on the back end, they will be paying him $40 million next year, which I guess is at least a good reduction from $59 million.

Tommy

Reaction score
Players don’t develop in your world I guess.
He’s been on our roster for a couple months as the 3rd string emergency QB.

Your right. Let’s throw him out there. The fans want to see how much he’s grown.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I had forgotten how annoying you are as a poster. Thanks for the reminder. Just a nasty guy. Always need to be condescending. Must suck to be you. Going to block you now.
I'm only annoying because you can't dispute what I say. This is what I expect from someone afraid of the truth. So turn and run away.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Not catching Philly? Lots of games to play and next 5 weeks critical to both teams especially since with have Philly at home. Still a good chance to catch Philly. As to Lance, it will all come down to if we have a chance entering the Washington game to win the division and possibly home field advantage, or maintaining the wild card lead over the teams behind us because if we are the top wild card then we will play the South Division champ of which none of them are looking to good currently. Best scenario would be just win out over next six games and hope Philly takes one more loss besides us and SF loses one more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thoughts are simple. No matter how many times you post this, it isn't going to happen.

He isn't ready. Doesn't matter if you like it. Doesn't matter if you agree. That's just the way it is.

It was true when the made the trade. It is true now. It will be true the last game of the season.

NEXT YEAR.
:thumbup::hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just want to repost and say it louder for the slow people in the back can hear it.

The so-called best team in the NFL barely beat Washington. But we DESTROYED them! We aren't just beating bad teams; we are destroying bad teams. Big difference.

GO COWBOYS!!!
You can start that sentence barely beat New England New York lost to The Jets but yes you gotta give the Eagles props but people act like these dudes are somehow the class of the NFL and they're they're untouchable that's insane first of all I'm still putting the 49ers ahead of the Eagles and the fact that we lost to them I gotta put the Eagles ahead of us for now for now we play them in two weeks

but yeah I mean if you go back and look at the Eagles wins this year against the sub 500 teams they were barely beating them there was a game until the fourth quarter if the Cowboys do that this place would completely blow up like last year few games that was that way that we allow these bad teams to stay in games... You know like the Houston win nobody was happy with that last year I mean that's just crazy but when the Eagles do it nobody backs it out they just don't even talk I mean it is a thing the Eagles have had a bunch of wins but they've had a bunch of close calls you got to give them credit they know how to close out games and nobody could stop that tush push it's getting annoying but yeah Mr. hurts has like what 9 rushing touchdowns seven of them were inside of three yards when he was basically pushed over the line he's not actually this Michael Vick type runner...

But yeah it's a whole different set of glasses people use when they're breaking down the Cowboys wins against bad teams and they put on a different rose colored glasses when they're looking at the Eagles wins... The Eagles are the luckiest team I've ever seen in the NFL I mean I know you make your own luck sometimes and you have to give them credit the last two years their record has been ridiculously good but they're not unbeatable their luck is gonna run out one day...

quickccc

Reaction score
Nope ! No Lance in regular season, in this year period.
We'll have to wait until preseason to see Sir Lance-a-Lot.

Since we tend to have issues and struggles vs Washington On the Road .for whatever reason
No matter how awful of a team they are ..
Remember last year with rookie QB Sam Howell upset us @washington ?

And plus we'll likely be chasing Philly and Niners for playoff field advantage, we'll be in too much of a fight
to bail out and play developmental guys such as Lance, Deuce etc..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be time to pull the bandaid off. Dak is making things hard again with his MVP level play. Still they need to see what they have with Lance eventually. I doubt that last game will have any significant impact in the standings. Dallas is not catching Philly so very likely a 12 win 5 seed. I truly want Lance to get the start that game.

Thoughts?
Doubtful but I would like to see him play with the Cowboys.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You can start that sentence barely beat New England New York lost to The Jets but yes you gotta give the Eagles props but people act like these dudes are somehow the class of the NFL and they're they're untouchable that's insane first of all I'm still putting the 49ers ahead of the Eagles and the fact that we lost to them I gotta put the Eagles ahead of us for now for now we play them in two weeks

but yeah I mean if you go back and look at the Eagles wins this year against the sub 500 teams they were barely beating them there was a game until the fourth quarter if the Cowboys do that this place would completely blow up like last year few games that was that way that we allow these bad teams to stay in games... You know like the Houston win nobody was happy with that last year I mean that's just crazy but when the Eagles do it nobody backs it out they just don't even talk I mean it is a thing the Eagles have had a bunch of wins but they've had a bunch of close calls you got to give them credit they know how to close out games and nobody could stop that tush push it's getting annoying but yeah Mr. hurts has like what 9 rushing touchdowns seven of them were inside of three yards when he was basically pushed over the line he's not actually this Michael Vick type runner...

But yeah it's a whole different set of glasses people use when they're breaking down the Cowboys wins against bad teams and they put on a different rose colored glasses when they're looking at the Eagles wins... The Eagles are the luckiest team I've ever seen in the NFL I mean I know you make your own luck sometimes and you have to give them credit the last two years their record has been ridiculously good but they're not unbeatable their luck is gonna run out one day...
What if it’s not luck? I mean, every team can get lucky once, maybe twice, per season. The Eagles are winning an unusual number of regular season games. Unlike you, most on CZ don’t thinks it’s luck. They’re sure it’s merely a case of every officiating crew cheating to make sure the Eagles win. It sounds absurd, but it’s not as absurd as attributing the wins to “luck”. We should all look into this officials cheating thing. If true, it’s an outrage.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What if it’s not luck? I mean, every team can get lucky once, maybe twice, per season. The Eagles are winning an unusual number of regular season games. Unlike you, most on CZ don’t thinks it’s luck. They’re sure it’s merely a case of every officiating crew cheating to make sure the Eagles win. It sounds absurd, but it’s not as absurd as attributing the wins to “luck”. We should all look into this officials cheating thing. If true, it’s an outrage.
Because we consistently watch it there is luck involved when you have a 59 yard field goal in the rain bounce in instead of out or you have three fumbles yeah you get on top of all of them but one of them clearly the bounce is just dumb luck so I'm saying there is a lot of luck involved both with health and some of these bounces just happened to go your way some people say you make your own luck but I'm sorry it's luck whether we're using superstitious type luck no but we're talking about the fortuitous bounces seem to go all their way that is luck the referees this ridiculous differential in the games especially at home with the Eagles even last night did you not see there was like 11 to four in penalties again how often is this gonna happen before we call it luck or hey let's go with your route it's not luck it's rigged you wanna go that route instead just say that something is amiss here with the league?? I mean I'm not into conspiracy theories so I'd rather call it luck but there's some crazy **** going on with the Eagles differential in penalties if you can't see it you're not watching and this is not just what the Cowboys they literally happened to Miami happened again with the Buffalo game last night 11 to four I mean they had no penalties in the game they're one of the least penalized teams by a long shot so it's either lock or something's amiss we can use the word conspiracy or rig not against the Cowboys only but the league wanting the Eagles to be one of the top teams and they're making sure they have their thumb on the scale...

If you don't know what that means you're probably too young but it's not hard for a referee to make a player to go away of the other team in these close games because in a league of parity it don't take much to help a team lose or win a game with just a few calls a game that won't look like a conspiracy but again if you have your thumb on the scale and a league of parity this is what happens when the fuel goals are winning games or takes one play one way or the other to affect the game..​
I mean think about this how in the world did they pick up that flag in Arizona against Gallup in the end zone it was clearly a pass interference call it was called flag dropped then all of a sudden they decided to pick it up... That doesn't sit well with me and you're gonna drop the flag and it's obvious it was a flag then you have to leave it on the field you let the players win or lose games they helped Arizona beat us period end of story maybe it's not a conspiracy but it's a bad look it literally is not a good look when you pick up a flag that should be a flag...​