Lance was very disappointing

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's isn't what happened.
Shanahan never wanted Trance. Lynch was the one that desperately wanted him. Shanahan did not want to give up all of the draft capital. His instincts were to stay put and draft Mac Jones

Shanahan new he only needed an experienced bus driver with the talent he had on his roster.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shanahan never wanted Trance. Lynch was the one that desperately wanted him. Shanahan did not want to give up all of the draft capital. His instincts were to stay put and draft Mac Jones

Shanahan new he only needed an experienced bus driver with the talent he had on his roster.
Doesn't change the fact what I posted is correct.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He definitely gave up on him, in hindsight he never even wanted him to begin with.

Trance still had 2 years on his contract. They brought in Sam Darnold and paid him almost $5M when Trance was just over $1M.

So please enlighten us all on why they traded him?

basel90

Reaction score
what is the difference? shanahan nalyzed lance and let him go. Don't you think if he was good he would have kept him?
The most valuable franchise in sports ( the Cowboys) are building their QB depth or future on a reject ? smalls and looks bad.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so you were expecting medicority and you got it. hurray...hurray...hurray.

I was hoping he showed something. what I learned, that he is not an NFL level QB that you build a team around. moving on already.

you are clinging like a cat who is about to fall into water. now, do you see the difference?
Careful your lack of comprehension is showing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How many complete games has he played? You skipped college and also jumped to starts. How much time has each QB had on the field?
Does it matter? He can't go back in time to make it up. Who in the NFL is going to start him the way he is currently playing?

Training camp, preseason games and sitting on the sidelines is not going to get him the playing. experience he desperately needs.

So tell me, what is the solution???

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does it matter? He can't go back in time to make it up. Who in the NFL is going to start him the way he is currently playing?

Training camp, preseason games and sitting on the sidelines is not going to get him the playing. experience he desperately needs.

Preseason is made exactly for his situation.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm not a believer in Dak to ever become a top playoff performing QB.

I'm not a believer that Lance can ever become a top regular season performing QB.

So yeah,
I think we're batting 0 for 2 in that regard.

jmo

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
Guy can definitely run. Be nice to use him somehow where he gets the ball in open field.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Granted he wasn't playing with top talent, but he wasn't facing top talent either.

He didn't do enough, and a lot of his placement with open receivers was a bit off.

Plus, he can't even throw a simple fade to a wide open receiver in the end zone. That 4th down miss was awful.

Lance is literally on the chopping block.
Not much to chop when on a guarantee.

sbark

Reaction score

They look for progress, improvement game to game.
MM seems to pattern in a 2nd recevr deeper than a clear out 1st, but in easy sightlines.....Lance needs to make that throw

SAme type of throw Dak missed CD on vrs GB.. Fergy covered in flats, CD on post to just throw open.
Dak panic, rolled away...into a sack

Chasing6

Reaction score
They look for progress, improvement game to game.
MM seems to pattern in a 2nd recevr deeper than a clear out 1st, but in easy sightlines.....Lance needs to make that throw

SAme type of throw Dak missed CD on vrs GB.. Fergy covered in flats, CD on post to just throw open.
Dak panic, rolled away...into a sack
Zero progress in year 4.