Lance Wasn't As Disappointing As Some Want To Believe Considering The Circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're hilarious.

You took offense at me calling a 4th-year QB who was a top-3 pick "clueless" after a mediocre performance?

When you YOURSELF admit he's not ready to be a starter?

Is this a raw rookie???? Or are we still talking about a 4th year QB who was a top 3 pick???? Same system as last year, right??? Or did we change OCs this year without me knowing?????
:lmao2:

Like I said, I'm pulling for the guy because he's a Cowboy.

But unlike you, I know football.

To still be preaching "patience" for a guy who was drafted to become a superstar and still can't start in this league by year 4 is as embarrassing as it gets.
I am pretty sure I know more about it than you do. You repeat the same thing over and over. I can discuss a variety of topics.
I took offense to nothing. Get over it.

Nav22

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I know more about it than you do. You repeat the same thing over and over. I can discuss a variety of topics.
I took offense to nothing. Get over it.
I'll hold your hand through this.

3 years ago, Trey Lance was worth a top-3 pick.

Last year, Trey Lance was worth a 4th-round pick.

If the Cowboys decided to shop Trey Lance TODAY, he would likely fetch a conditional late-round pick at best.

Now if you DID know football, this would tell you that this guy is a HUGE longshot AT BEST in terms of becoming the star QB he was drafted to be.

Good luck trying to catch up!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll hold your hand through this.

3 years ago, Trey Lance was worth a top-3 pick.

Last year, Trey Lance was worth a 4th-round pick.

If the Cowboys decided to shop Trey Lance TODAY, he would likely fetch a conditional late-round pick at best.

Now if you DID know football, this would tell you that this guy is a HUGE longshot AT BEST in terms of becoming the star QB he was drafted to be.

Good luck trying to catch up!
You just can’t make a post without being insulting can you?
Therefore you cannot be taken seriously.

I am already ahead of you.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I want all players to succeed. What is so hard to understand about that?
Dak fans seem to want Lance to fail.
There is no 'seem to want', they absolutely want Lance to fail. You only need to read a few posts in this thread for proof. Dak is irreplaceable in their minds.

In my opinion, Lance didn't look all that great at all, but you can't overlook two very important things, it was his first live action in 2 years, and it was only his 3rd game since 2021. The kid is rusty as hell, and EXTREMELY RAW. The Dakstans refuse to agree with the last part by continually pointing out Lance is in his 4th season and should have progressed further by now. I don't how the heck that is even possible when he's only played in 8 regular season games in his career and nothing since week 2 of 2022, but whatever.

I'm willing to wait and see if he improves over the next 2 weeks. It's only fair since we've given Dak 8 seasons to improve his post season play and he has failed every time.

Staubacher

Reaction score
There is no 'seem to want', they absolutely want Lance to fail. You only need to read a few posts in this thread for proof. Dak is irreplaceable in their minds.

In my opinion, Lance didn't look all that great at all, but you can't overlook two very important things, it was his first live action in 2 years, and it was only his 3rd game since 2021. The kid is rusty as hell, and EXTREMELY RAW. The Dakstans refuse to agree with the last part by continually pointing out Lance is in his 4th season and should have progressed further by now. I don't how the heck that is even possible when he's only played in 8 regular season games and nothing since week 2 of 2022, but whatever.

I'm willing to wait and see if he improves over the next 2 weeks. It's only fair since we've given Dak 8 seasons to improve his post season play and he has failed every time.
They're like a pack of jealous high school girlfriends.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You weren't being insulting by insinuating that I'm a bigger fan of Dak's than the Cowboys???

Take your ball and go home with that big, fat L.
:lmao2:
LOL.... arguing with a person who can instantly bench your account for a month. Or delete it altogether.

Smart move.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I want Lance to be at least good enough for the backup job so that 4th round pick wasn’t a complete waste but it’s not looking good

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I want all players to succeed. What is so hard to understand about that?
Dak fans seem to want Lance to fail.
I want all players to succeed. I don't want lance to fail. never said that. but I am also realistic in assessing what we have. Lance fans seem to come up with excuses to pump up a player that's irrelevant to anything at this time. what is so hard to understand about that?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want all players to succeed. I don't want lance to fail. never said that. but I am also realistic in assessing what we have. Lance fans seem to come up with excuses to pump up a player that's irrelevant to anything at this time. what is so hard to understand about that?
The only ones pumping up Lance are the hardcore anti Dak crowd.
The super pro Dak group do not want to find anything good, nor pull for Trey.

I think most are in a wait and see mode. But more seemed to not liked his play because he did not light it up like a seasoned vet player.

I still pull for Dak, he is our QB. I will pull for Trey to succeed. As we need options for QB next year. Of Dak does not get an extension.

However I stand by what I posted. It seems many want him to fail for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.