Lance Wasn't As Disappointing As Some Want To Believe Considering The Circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We’re not going to see him with any talent around him. It’s almost impossible to accurately judge him.

Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin all probably won’t play a snap because that’s how the Cowboys do things these days.

The best Lance will get is the #5 receiver.
He failed with CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle. With the best LT in football protecting his blindside. 2 games. 0 Tds and 1 INT.

With a genius of a head coach as well.

You need to stop banging this drum.

Nav22

Reaction score
He did not look clueless. Only to some haters and some die hard Dak fans.
He clearly isn't ready to be a starter. Label that however you'd like.

Rookies around the league already look better than our 4th-year project.
:laugh:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
What is amazing to me is that the anti dak crowd seems to think the same coaching staff that cant fix Daks mental issues is somehow going to correct all of the warts Lance has that Kyle freaking Shanahan couldnt fix....
If Lance could make a turn around. Then that would be great for both him and the Cowboys. But those clinging to this hope of Lance suddenly turning into a valuable starting QB, seems to be doing it more because they'll take just about any QB to see Dak gone. It's fine if they want to move on from Dak. But they should also be realistic to want Lance has shown so far and he hasn't shown the abilities to be the QB Cowboys fans want him to be.

Some want to put his struggles on not being able to play with starters in the preseason. But he did get to play with weapons and starters many in the NFL world would say is better than the offensive weapons and starters the Cowboys currently have. And got to play with them in San Fran, with one of the best coaches and offensive systems a young QB can grow and develop in. And still struggled and wasn't able to keep or win back his starting job there.

Now some are hoping that McCarthy can get something out of him that Shanahan couldn't. Even though many thought McCarthy should have been fired before this season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Lance could make a turn around. Then that would be great for both him and the Cowboys. But those clinging to this hope of Lance suddenly turning into a valuable starting QB, seems to be doing it more because they'll take just about any QB to see Dak gone. It's fine if they want to move on from Dak. But they should also be realistic to want Lance has shown so far and he hasn't shown the abilities to be the QB Cowboys fans want him to be.

Some want to put his struggles on not being able to play with starters in the preseason. But he did get to play with weapons and starters many in the NFL world would say is better than the offensive weapons and starters the Cowboys currently have. And got to play with them in San Fran, with one of the best coaches and offensive systems a young QB can grow and develop in. And still struggled and wasn't able to keep or win back his starting job there.

Now some are hoping that McCarthy can get something out of him that Shanahan couldn't. Even though many thought McCarthy should have been fired before this season.
I get the entire thing.

Replace Dak. I get it. I want to do the same. Lance isnt it though and he never was. Its crazy how they will bend into pretzels to explain away whats been his issue since he got drafted because he isnt Dak.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak is QB1 and gets almost all the snaps with the 1s.

But Lance is clearly a gifted athlete.

The kid needs reps with the 1s.

Hanging out with the 2s 3s isn’t the same.
He’s not a “gifted athlete” anymore than any player in an NFL training camp is a gifted athlete. And he’s not a kid. My grand daughter is nine. She’s a kid. Lance is a better NFL quarterback than she is. So he has that going for him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not a “gifted athlete” anymore than any player in an NFL training camp is a gifted athlete. And he’s not a kid. My grand daughter is nine. She’s a kid. Lance is a better NFL quarterback than she is. So he has that going for him.
So, Micah Parsons is no more a gifted athlete than Chauncy Gohlston?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He clearly isn't ready to be a starter. Label that however you'd like.

Rookies around the league already look better than our 4th-year project.
:laugh:
I did not say he was ready to be a starter. and did they truly look as good as you are claiming.
Dak fans fear what Trey could become.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thought he looked better than Dak in our last game against the Packers.
Dak had over 400 yards with 3 TDs and completed as many passes as Lance attempted. Lance played almost the entire game and couldn’t get us in the endzone once. It’s hilarious how some of you keep bashing Dak and talking up Lance. Lol

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
So, Micah Parsons is no more a gifted athlete than Chauncy Gohlston?
Parsons may be more skilled, more driven maybe, but if you had to live on the difference between their athleticism you’d starve to death.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons may be more skilled, more driven maybe, but if you had to live on the difference between their athleticism you’d starve to death.
Nobody was saying that athleticism is all anyone needs. The guy you responded to was just talking about physical talents. He was saying he Lance is gifted athletically, not that he was a NFL ready QB, or even that he ever will be. There clearly is a difference in athleticism among people in camp.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I did not say he was ready to be a starter. and did they truly look as good as you are claiming.
Dak fans fear what Trey could become.
fear what? mediocrity? Lance lickers fear Lance sucks and they just are clinging to Lance like a cat about to fall in water. its embarassing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak had over 400 yards with 3 TDs and completed as many passes as Lance attempted. Lance played almost the entire game and couldn’t get us in the endzone once. It’s hilarious how some of you keep bashing Dak and talking up Lance. Lol
and the defense gave him 4 turnovers....FOUR

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We’re not going to see him with any talent around him. It’s almost impossible to accurately judge him.

Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin all probably won’t play a snap because that’s how the Cowboys do things these days.

The best Lance will get is the #5 receiver.
They usually play their starters as the preseason progresses, outside of Dak and a select few. Reports in camp is that he hasn't had a great camp, but that is speculation at this juncture.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and the defense gave him 4 turnovers....FOUR
Exactly and we couldn’t get it into the endzone once. He missed two throws that would have been TDs. All he did was throw the ball out in the flat and underneath. He wouldn’t push the ball down the field.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll wait for the last 2 pre-season games, but at this point Lance just doesn't look like a starter.

All 3 QBs and the head coach/OC are on the last season of their deals. Looks like all in is being setup for the 2025 season. I wish they would have just done it this spring and let them all go. I'm a pull the bandage off fast kinda guy.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
What is amazing to me is that the anti dak crowd seems to think the same coaching staff that cant fix Daks mental issues is somehow going to correct all of the warts Lance has that Kyle freaking Shanahan couldnt fix....
There’s multiple possibilities here that can be independent from each other. For example, maybe Dak’s issues can’t be fixed. Maybe the coaching staff can’t fix any QB’s issues. Maybe Lance’s issues are a result of a lack of playing time and not coaching. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.