Lance working hard

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could be right. Patrick Mahomes is the perfect example. Someone knew he was the better QB, and he never played a single regular season down. I just think it's a lot harder to make that judgement than most people think.
And that is why sometimes you need forced into it.

Jerry was apparently FORCED to ditch Romo. "you don't mess with a streak" he said. I'm not convinced that was a good reason but it suited Jerry at the time. There was a LOT of things at play there and it wasn't that Dak was such a better QB than Romo. Jerry seemingly made that decision based on luck. That's why I 100% object to that thread "you don't move on from a "franchise" QB until you HAVE a "franchise" QB.

You don't FULLY know until you have the courage to do it. You know if he can "play" or not....just to many random factors to tell if the team is successful. 2016 seemed like it was but...was it? Where are we NOW?

A decision that seemed to be required but one that has gained so very little.

And interesting topic that delves into the unknown multiverse. :)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you tap the brakes on your hatred for him? He’s the best we have and it may take YEARS to improve on him but you seem to think QBs better than him are everywhere for the taking. :rolleyes:
BS....may take YEARS? Is that what we said about Romo?

Ohh...we better pump the brakes cause we MIGHT not get anything better.

1st off...better than...WHAT? San Fran and Green Bay? Coop can do that. We already HAVE something NOT better than what we had before. HOW...is it any different?

And MAYBE...this failure you are very afraid of...ultimately makes us better....and NOT in "20 years" as someone else suggested.

A complete home renovation that looks like a nuke went off...but a beautiful gorgeous shiny winner blossoms from it....instead of just regurgitating the same old thing out of fear.

"Who else can we get"....really? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
And that is why sometimes you need forced into it.

Jerry was apparently FORCED to ditch Romo. "you don't mess with a streak" he said. I'm not convinced that was a good reason but it suited Jerry at the time. There was a LOT of things at play there and it wasn't that Dak was such a better QB than Romo. Jerry seemingly made that decision based on luck. That's why I 100% object to that thread "you don't move on from a "franchise" QB until you HAVE a "franchise" QB.

You don't FULLY know until you have the courage to do it. You know if he can "play" or not....just to many random factors to tell if the team is successful. 2016 seemed like it was but...was it? Where are we NOW?

A decision that seemed to be required but one that has gained so very little.

And interesting topic that delves into the unknown multiverse. :)
Nah. I’ll always say it was a dumb decision. Romo was playing much better than Dak in practice as expected. I mean, it’s no surprise since Romo was the veteran and Dak the rookie. That almost always translates onto the field. Win streaks always come to end, better sooner than later. It was never a question of whether Dak did a good job or not. It was whether the team could reach its optimal potential under Romo which we never got to find out because dumb and dumber lived up to their name.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah. I’ll always say it was a dumb decision. Romo was playing much better than Dak in practice as expected. I mean, it’s no surprise since Romo was the veteran and Dak the rookie. That almost always translates onto the field. Win streaks always come to end, better sooner than later. It was never a question of whether Dak did a good job or not. It was whether the team could reach its optimal potential under Romo which we never got to find out because dumb and dumber lived up to their name.
That 2016 team was in all ways built for Romo. The fact this rookie waltzed in and won some games tells you how good it was.

How good could it have been for the guy it was built for?

We'll never know now.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a ball control offense that kept the opponent off the field. If you remember, we went into Seattle and beat the defending champs at their place. Then went into Philly late in that season and took the division. Something this current team has zero chance of doing. We're not going into any hostile stadium against a good team and winning. We get stomped.
I remember the Seattle game....... I was at that game also:)
They hAD A HUGE POSTER OUTSIDE THE STADIUM OF THE 12TH MAN. i HAVE A NICE PIC IN FRONT OF THAT STADIUM FLIPPING THEIR 12TH MAN THE BIRD.