Lance working hard

Jayinem

Reaction score
You're going to put him #2 over the guy with the best winning percentage for a QB in NFL history?

Alrighty then.

I'm just kidding, I don't even know if that's true, but 5-1 is a good winning percentage.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Generalities like “it was time to move on” doesn’t counter anything that was said. The correct course of action is to take the information at hand and make a rational assessment based on criteria such as the factors listed and then make a decision. Romo was injured in two different ways in those two years, meaning the same body parts weren’t repetitively injured, and the one that kept him out of the 2016 season was so freakish, medical professionals have said that anyone similar in size and stature would’ve suffered the same injury due to the way his body was positioned and the LB landed on him with his force.
He was done. The fact he retired so fast proves it. The last game they brought him in they got him out before he got hit. Wasting years on a Qb that never won anything and now was injury prone. His teammates knew it too. That's why they supported Dak. When you have to cross your fingers anytime your QB get's hit it's time to move on.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping Trey Lance is highly inclined to be studying his playbook often, after he has the time to work so hard on his physical readiness. It's no secret that he needs all the mental preparation at his disposal that he's able to absorb. He's destined to be afforded more than his share of the reps preparing to compete with Rush for the backup QB spot. The more time he spends with his playbook could serve him generously.

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He was done. The fact he retired so fast proves it. The last game they brought him in they got him out before he got hit. Wasting years on a Qb that never won anything and now was injury prone. His teammates knew it too. That's why they supported Dak. When you have to cross your fingers anytime your QB get's hit it's time to move on.
He wasn’t done. He got a broadcasting offer that allowed him more time with his family, which was extended a few years later to a whopping $17 million per year. If he didn’t have that he likely would’ve went to another team to play like the Broncos.

Players aren’t supposed to decide who plays on the field. They aren’t coaches or personnel managers. That’s another reason why this team hasn’t won jack squat in decades.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I could never understand why most fans weren’t in favor of leaving Dak in when we were in the middle of a franchise record 11 straight wins. Dak was playing great and the team was looking like a strong SB contender but many fans still wanted to go back to where we had already been with Romo. It really never made a lot of sense to me why anyone would want to bench a real hot hand for an aging beat up QB who had never taken the Cowboys on a deep playoff run. It was almost like some fans would have rather lost with Romo than win with Dak. The fan base never liked Dak from day one and it’s hard to figure out why. I do know a lot of the Romo lovers hated Dak for taking Romo’s job and getting him released.
Because Romo was better. Dak had the best run game in the league... ROMO never had that. Now you add in an absolute playmaking QB to go along with something Romo never had, and that is why people wanted romo back.

Im not a Dak hater... he played great last year and was deserving of his 2nd in the MVP... but, if you are MVP worthy, at some point you lead your team to a few playoff wins.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hankins did not help and he was our best run defender. Keeping Hankins for $2M was not going to hurt us.
Maybe not... but it also wasnt helping us. Id rather just put in a kid and go for it. See what the kid can do. If a kid sucks, move on.... but we got destroyed against good teams with Hankins in the game.... so an aging vet was not helping us win the games that mattered IMO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because Romo was better. Dak had the best run game in the league... ROMO never had that.
You must not have been around in 2014 when Romo had DeMarco Murray who not only led the league in rushing but set a Cowboys franchise rushing record with over 1800 yards. So what was that you were saying? Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Im not a Dak hater... he played great last year and was deserving of his 2nd in the MVP... but, if you are MVP worthy, at some point you lead your team to a few playoff wins.
Lamar Jackson has 2 MVPs but a 2-4 playoff record. If you don’t have a good enough team you’re not going to get very far. If it all gets put on the shoulders of your QB you’ll end up failing. It takes a sold “team” performance to put together playoff wins. QBs that win league MVP
are usually having to carry their team. Most league MVP QBs don’t win the SB. Let me repeat I said “most” not all.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You must not have been around in 2014 when Romo had DeMarco Murray who not only led the league in rushing but set a Cowboys franchise rushing record with over 1800 yards. So what was that you were saying? Lol
Oh yea,I remember Murray, I was in Green Bay during that playoff game when an 80 year old linemen reached out on what would have been a TD run and sealed a win, but instead that HOF runner Murray was caught by an old man and fumbled. Please dont tell me what I wasnt around for. Not only was I around, I was physically in the stadium.

That season... when we finally supported Romo, we were as good as any team in the league.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson has 2 MVPs but a 2-4 playoff record. If you don’t have a good enough team you’re not going to get very far. If it all gets put on the shoulders of your QB you’ll end up failing. It takes a sold “team” performance to put together playoff wins. QBs that win league MVP
are usually having to carry their team. Most league MVP QBs don’t win the SB. Let me repeat I said “most” not all.
Mahomes read your comment and had to be taken to the hospital for choking on his drink.

shabazz

Reaction score
With no respect due to any of our current quarterbacks, but the next elite QB for this franchise isn't here yet

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh yea,I remember Murray, I was in Green Bay during that playoff game when an 80 year old linemen reached out on what would have been a TD run and sealed a win, but instead that HOF runner Murray was caught by an old man and fumbled.
Murray’s fumble sealed the win? :rolleyes: The Cowboys were leading 14-10 with 11 minutes left in the third quarter when Murray fumbled. The fumble led to a Packers FG and the Cowboys were still leading by a point. What sealed the win for the Packers was our defense not being able to stop Rodgers in the second half and make a critical stop with just over 4 minutes left. GB ended up running out the clock. Funny how you’re attempting to downplay how much of a running game Murray gave Romo in 2014. lol Murray had 123 yards against GB and averaged almost 5 yards per.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mahomes read your comment and had to be taken to the hospital for choking on his drink.
Too bad you didn’t read my comment because I clearly said “most” QB league MVPs don’t win the SB. I knew you would mention Mahomes who was the first QB league MVP since Kurt Warner in 1999 to win a SB. Three straight QB league MVP winners lost the SB, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Murray’s fumble sealed the win? :rolleyes: The Cowboys were leading 14-10 with 11 minutes left in the third quarter when Murray fumbled. The fumble led to a Packers FG and the Cowboys were still leading by a point. What sealed the win for the Packers was our defense not being able to stop Rodgers in the second half and make a critical stop with just over 4 minutes left. GB ended up running out the clock. Funny how you’re attempting to downplay how much of a running game Murray gave Romo in 2014. lol Murray had 123 yards against GB and averaged almost 5 yards per.
reading comprehension is fundamental.... had we scored the TD we woul dhave went up 21-10..... that game would have been won on that play.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Too bad you didn’t read my comment because I clearly said “most” QB league MVPs don’t win the SB. I knew you would mention Mahomes who was the first QB league MVP since Kurt Warner in 1999 to win a SB. Three straight QB league MVP winners lost the SB, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.
Face it..... Mahome sis playing under the Jordan rules. You know it, I know it, e all know it. Mahoms is th eleague MVP every year.... they just wont give it to him. Jordan shoud have been the league MVP at least 10 times, but when you are CLEARLY the best, they find reasons to give it to someone else.

You really think Lamar was MVP over Mahomes????? bahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
The League MVP is never a sure thing to win a title, but lets face it, the top 6 QBs in the league probably win a title 80% of the time.

Ok... now throw out the 2000 ravens as your counter.... smh

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
reading comprehension is fundamental.... had we scored the TD we woul dhave went up 21-10..... that game would have been won on that play.
You can’t be serious. :rolleyes: You can play that “if we scored we would have won” game with countless games the Cowboys have played throughout their history. We still had over a quarter and a half to go and Rodgers was having a field day against our defense. He had plenty of time to overcome an 11 point lead against our choking defense. Get real! lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You really think Lamar was MVP over Mahomes????? bahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
The League MVP is never a sure thing to win a title, but lets face it, the top 6 QBs in the league probably win a title 80% of the time.

Ok... now throw out the 2000 ravens as your counter.... smh
Jackson was clearly the MVP over Mahomes last season. Mahomes was never even mentioned for the award. Mahomes is the best QB in the league but that’s not how the league MVP works and the award isn’t all about stats. Jackson set multiple career highs in passing stats while also leading the Ravens with 821 rushing yards. He led a Ravens offense that was No. 4 in scoring and once again led the NFL in rushing at over 150 yards per game. He carried the Ravens.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
GKxIgVbWYAA5goq

I think my wife has this same workout outfit