Lance working hard

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh yea,I remember Murray, I was in Green Bay during that playoff game when an 80 year old linemen reached out on what would have been a TD run and sealed a win, but instead that HOF runner Murray was caught by an old man and fumbled. Please dont tell me what I wasnt around for. Not only was I around, I was physically in the stadium.

That season... when we finally supported Romo, we were as good as any team in the league.
You had to bring that play up? That play is ingrained in my memory right next to Patrick Crayton's drop over the middle. I'm convinced had those two plays gone the other way, Dallas wins both those games.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
With no respect due to any of our current quarterbacks, but the next elite QB for this franchise isn't here yet
I'm just tired of debating Romo and Dak. I think Romo was a better QB but not by much. They both came up small in the big games. Wish we could start debating elite QBs again.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You won’t find that out in preseason playing against rookies, backups and bubble players. That’s pretty much all we see in preseason these days. Playing well in the regular season in games that count against starters will determine if he can play in the NFL.
You will find out about Lance in the scrimmages against the first team defense. He will be running drills right next to Dak and Rush. If he stands out good or bad, we will hear about from the local media.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm just tired of debating Romo and Dak. I think Romo was a better QB but not by much. They both came up small in the big games. Wish we could start debating elite QBs again.
I'm looking forward to getting a true quality qb that we can all get behind from the start......maybe we can actually draft one in the first 2 rounds for a change.

Flamma

Reaction score
You will find out about Lance in the scrimmages against the first team defense. He will be running drills right next to Dak and Rush. If he stands out good or bad, we will hear about from the local media.
I'm not sure anything replaces actual regular season play. If it did, why did Dick Vermeil or Bill Belichick not know they had the better QB on the bench? It took an injury to get them on the field. That was back in a time where training camp was tougher. Zero chance either team wins a SB with Trent Green or Bledsoe.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure anything replaces actual regular season play. If it did, why did Dick Vermeil or Bill Belichick not know they had the better QB on the bench? It took an injury to get them on the field. That was back in a time where training camp was tougher. Zero chance either team wins a SB with Trent Green or Bledsoe.
In reality you are right. The only way we will see if Lance can play is if Dak is injured. I am just saying the camp scrimmages will show if he is picking up the offense, his arm talent, and athleticism.

Flamma

Reaction score
In reality you are right. The only way we will see if Lance can play is if Dak is injured. I am just saying the camp scrimmages will show if he is picking up the offense, his arm talent, and athleticism.
Yes. Believe me, I am crossing my fingers that he beats the odds. Otherwise we'll be in for some rough years. It should be fun to watch if he's actually good.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not convinced that is totally true. These people are experts...and yes with human faults...sometimes right sometimes wrong. MOST people they put on the field can play...even if they ain;t HoFers.

I been plying guitar for a LONG time. I can hand you a guitar and immediately tell if you can play or not, just by the way you receive the guitar and hold it. Strum a few chords and scales, I can most likely tell if you can actually play songs in a band. You wouldn't need to perform a rock concert for me to be able to do that.

Having said that....there could be a SLIGHT chance you go into bad case of stage fright in front of 10,000 people. :laugh:

Regarding your question...sometimes you roll with your starter even if you suspect the other guy is pretty good. It's a toss up and there's always some random factors involved. Soemtimes you need forced to make that change.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Believe me, I am crossing my fingers that he beats the odds. Otherwise we'll be in for some rough years. It should be fun to watch if he's actually good.
That remains to be seen. Plus...all the other factors involved. Some people feel THESE are just about as rough was what you suspect.

The promise of a good playoff run because of a decent preseason crushed. Can be hard to take year after year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You had to bring that play up? That play is ingrained in my memory right next to Patrick Crayton's drop over the middle. I'm convinced had those two plays gone the other way, Dallas wins both those games.
I liked Murray very much but that fumble was about as crushing as any play in my 50 years of fan. That was like a 17 point swing right between the halves.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that is totally true. These people are experts...and yes with human faults...sometimes right sometimes wrong. MOST people they put on the field can play...even if they ain;t HoFers.

I been plying guitar for a LONG time. I can hand you a guitar and immediately tell if you can play or not, just by the way you receive the guitar and hold it. Strum a few chords and scales, I can most likely tell if you can actually play songs in a band. You wouldn't need to perform a rock concert for me to be able to do that.

Having said that....there could be a SLIGHT chance you go into bad case of stage fright in front of 10,000 people. :laugh:

Regarding your question...sometimes you roll with your starter even if you suspect the other guy is pretty good. It's a toss up and there's always some random factors involved. Soemtimes you need forced to make that change.
You could be right. Patrick Mahomes is the perfect example. Someone knew he was the better QB, and he never played a single regular season down. I just think it's a lot harder to make that judgement than most people think.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We won’t find out about Lance until he faces a live pass rush in a game. QBs in college elevate their draft stock in drills but you won’t know if they can play at the NFL level until they play in games. There’s QBs that have looked real good in scrimmages but stink in games. They don’t have to worry about getting hit or having their heads taken off in organized scrimmages.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We won’t find out about Lance until he faces a live pass rush in a game. QBs in college elevate their draft stock in drills but you won’t know if they can play at the NFL level until they play in games. There’s QBs that have looked real good in scrimmages but stink in games. They don’t have to worry about getting hit or having their heads taken off in organized scrimmages.
My point is it won’t take long for the Lance needs to play or compete against Dak posts from the usual suspects.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My point is it won’t take long for the Lance needs to play or compete against Dak posts from the usual suspects.
We’re already seeing posts that he needs to complete against Dak.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Thats why I brought it up.... but look at the guy that responded to me, even if we went up 11 points our defense was so bad and Rodgers was so incredible that we would still CLEARLY had lost that game. Well I agree with you. Had Murray not fumbled on that play. that hole was huge and IMO he scores on that play and we would have won.

To talk about Romo in that game is nuts.

CWR

Reaction score
Oh yea,I remember Murray, I was in Green Bay during that playoff game when an 80 year old linemen reached out on what would have been a TD run and sealed a win, but instead that HOF runner Murray was caught by an old man and fumbled. Please dont tell me what I wasnt around for. Not only was I around, I was physically in the stadium.

That season... when we finally supported Romo, we were as good as any team in the league.
Yup that play was the beginning of the end. We had our foot on their jugular before butter fingers coughed it up.

Flamma

Reaction score
Thats why I brought it up.... but look at the guy that responded to me, even if we went up 11 points our defense was so bad and Rodgers was so incredible that we would still CLEARLY had lost that game. Well I agree with you. Had Murray not fumbled on that play. that hole was huge and IMO he scores on that play and we would have won.

To talk about Romo in that game is nuts.
Yeah, that was a ball control offense that kept the opponent off the field. If you remember, we went into Seattle and beat the defending champs at their place. Then went into Philly late in that season and took the division. Something this current team has zero chance of doing. We're not going into any hostile stadium against a good team and winning. We get stomped.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fans (Dak haters) who are getting overly hyped up over Trey Lance and are already penciling him in as our future starter better tap the brakes.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Fans (Dak haters) who are getting overly hyped up over Trey Lance and are already penciling him in as our future starter better tap the brakes.
Can you tap the brakes on your affection for dak?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can you tap the brakes on your affection for dak?
Can you tap the brakes on your hatred for him? He’s the best we have and it may take YEARS to improve on him but you seem to think QBs better than him are everywhere for the taking. :rolleyes: