News: Landon Collins: I'd rather hit Barkely than hit Zeke

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
There's a lot to take from Bellicheat. Some good some bad. His drafting isn't a thing I'd take from him.
Not so sure about that. Maintaining such a competitive advantage for 20 years has to include astute overall roster management, hence drafting.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Given the opportunity, they should trade back with all the needs they have but I’ve also read their GM has never traded back. I don’t know how much inout their new coach will have which was a puzzling move in itself.
I hope they go OL with the first pick. They usually poop the bed there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not so sure about that. Maintaining such a competitive advantage for 20 years has to include astute overall roster management, hence drafting.
It does. But he's also a great coach. A great coach gets the most out of players. I've seen him make average players into good players. I've seen him make players like Stephen Gilmore go from solid to great. Stephen Gilmore was not considered a shut down corner until he got there.

I think that's what helps him. He's never hurt by bad drafts because he can take players from other teams and build them up.

And BTW, I'm not even sure if he's in charge of the draft. He may have someone else do that. But those drafts especially in the 1st round have been suspect.

aria

Reaction score
I hope they go OL with the first pick. They usually poop the bed there.
Lol, yeah but there’s 3, maybe 4 almost sure fire tackles there. There’s no way they’re fixing that O line in this draft, too many holes, but as much as I want to see Barkley run behind a good line I just don’t want it to be the Giants or anyone in our conference for that matter.

Like I said earlier, unfortunately for Barkley, by the time (if ever) they get that O line to the top 10 I think he’ll be past his prime unless he’s one of the rare AP types.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol, yeah but there’s 3, maybe 4 almost sure fire tackles there. There’s no way they’re fixing that O line in this draft, too many holes, but as much as I want to see Barkley run behind a good line I just don’t want it to be the Giants or anyone in our conference for that matter.

Like I said earlier, unfortunately for Barkley, by the time (if ever) they get that O line to the top 10 I think he’ll be past his prime unless he’s one of the rare AP types.
If they hit on 2 picks they very well could fix that offensive line in this draft.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Their drafting hasn't been good at all. Luckily he's been very good at acquiring talent in other ways.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I don't hate Zeke, I simply wish he wasn't on my team. I imagine he wasn't happy with his play last year either since he was watching the play-offs with the rest of us.

aria

Reaction score
If they hit on 2 picks they very well could fix that offensive line in this draft.
Solder sucks. Hernandez regressed. If they get a RT (Wirfs or Wills, can’t remember which plays both RT and LT) and get one of top centers they might have a ~15-20 ranked O line which is better than 29th or whatever they had last year but I don’t see that group being anywhere close to top 10.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Solder sucks. Hernandez regressed. If they get a RT (Wirfs or Wills, can’t remember which plays both RT and LT) and get one of top centers they might have a ~15-20 ranked O line which is better than 29th or whatever they had last year but I don’t see that group being anywhere close to top 10.

17. NEW YORK GIANTS
Kevin Zeitler provided the steady play at guard the Giants expected when they traded for him, grading above 70.0 as both a pass blocker and a run blocker this year. The tackle duo of Nate Solder and Mike Remmers hasn’t provided that same steady performance, however. Solder’s 57 pressures allowed this season are seven more than any other player, and the 97 combined pressures allowed for the duo is the most in the NFL.

PFF have them ranked 17th with is about average. Get a left tackle and move Solder to right tackle...that automatically makes them better. r

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't hate Zeke, I simply wish he wasn't on my team. I imagine he wasn't happy with his play last year either since he was watching the play-offs with the rest of us.

You know I hate to keep shouldering the blame on Garrett but I really don't understand how with a piss poor coaching staff you guys are judging players.

aria

Reaction score
17. NEW YORK GIANTS
Kevin Zeitler provided the steady play at guard the Giants expected when they traded for him, grading above 70.0 as both a pass blocker and a run blocker this year. The tackle duo of Nate Solder and Mike Remmers hasn’t provided that same steady performance, however. Solder’s 57 pressures allowed this season are seven more than any other player, and the 97 combined pressures allowed for the duo is the most in the NFL.

PFF have them ranked 17th with is about average. Get a left tackle and move Solder to right tackle...that automatically makes them better. r
Yeah, Zeitler was the one “bright” spot if you can call it that. Of course they will be better with any of the big 4 tackles but they would still have Solder who allowed more pressures than any other tackle, Hernandez was better his rookie year and they better try to get a center (can’t recall their names but I know there’s two decent ones that are expected to go at the top of the second, Ruiz maybe?).

Anyways, imagine if they got Simmons. My old roommate is a Giants fan which is part of the reason I know a lot about them and he’s torn. Personally, if I were them I would think they would have to go OL in the first and second, THAT could make a big difference if they got a franchise tackle and center.

I would LOL if they took Simmons! He seems like a stud but also a potential bust. Even if he turns out to be a stud, how could you not do anything to upgrade your 3rd worse O line and protect your two last first overall picks? That would be mind boggling. They added Flemming and Remmers is gone IIRC.

For our sake, I hope they pick Simmons. Regardless, that team is still a hot mess and will take at least another 2-3 years to compete for the division IMO.

Batman1980

Reaction score
You know I hate to keep shouldering the blame on Garrett but I really don't understand how with a piss poor coaching staff you guys are judging players.

Oh I do, I am quite curious to see how this team will perform in 2021 with new head coach Big Mike. Especially since most of this team has never experienced a HC other than Clapping Moron.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke's the best.
At being a dbag? Yup
At being 5th best? Yup
At Ewok impersonations? Yup
At idiocy? Yup
At selfishness? Yup
At having the biggest dome with the least amount of brain cells? Yup
At @Corso “murse” fashion? Yup
Bending Jerry over? Yup
Bullying? Yup
Entitlement? Yup

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, Zeitler was the one “bright” spot if you can call it that. Of course they will be better with any of the big 4 tackles but they would still have Solder who allowed more pressures than any other tackle, Hernandez was better his rookie year and they better try to get a center (can’t recall their names but I know there’s two decent ones that are expected to go at the top of the second, Ruiz maybe?).

Anyways, imagine if they got Simmons. My old roommate is a Giants fan which is part of the reason I know a lot about them and he’s torn. Personally, if I were them I would think they would have to go OL in the first and second, THAT could make a big difference if they got a franchise tackle and center.

I would LOL if they took Simmons! He seems like a stud but also a potential bust. Even if he turns out to be a stud, how could you not do anything to upgrade your 3rd worse O line and protect your two last first overall picks? That would be mind boggling. They added Flemming and Remmers is gone IIRC.

For our sake, I hope they pick Simmons. Regardless, that team is still a hot mess and will take at least another 2-3 years to compete for the division IMO.

I get them though. No one likes to take a linemen early lol. Its not the sexy pick but it may be the safest.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At being a dbag? Yup
At being 5th best? Yup
At idiocy? Yup
At selfishness? Yup
Bending Jerry over? Yup
Bullying? Yup
Entitlement? Yup
Come on man that's a bit extreme lol.....

Batman1980

Reaction score
At being a dbag? Yup
At being 5th best? Yup
At idiocy? Yup
At selfishness? Yup
Bending Jerry over? Yup
Bullying? Yup
Entitlement? Yup

I don't think he's a terrible person, I think he just lacks good judgment. I also think he's horrifically overpaid and if they don't replace Fredbeard with a good player, we'll see the offense at closer to 2018 level than most of us would like. Cooper helps a lot but a very good receiver can only compensate so much for middling play from the interior line.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
At being a dbag? Yup
At being 5th best? Yup
At idiocy? Yup
At selfishness? Yup
Bending Jerry over? Yup
Bullying? Yup
Entitlement? Yup
You said it my friend! Except I carry one to hold my testers and meds and things that keep me, you know, alive.
He might be carrying makeup and Pez, for all we know.