Laramey Tunsil & a $40 Million Dollar Offensive Line

mattjames2010

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Would you look at that! They have right tackle as the SECOND MOST IMPORTANT offensive line position behind left tackle. What a freakin' surprise! Let's also just point out, that's a single person not all of the NFL stating this: It's Bucky Brooks.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/5/13/4327238/the-importance-of-the-right-tackle
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013...ll-the-growing-importance-of-the-right-tackle
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/ar...t-tackle/30cbf54d-12e1-46b7-9ae7-7115c5066dea
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1...t-Tackle/c46cb339-7506-4c12-90e2-15004ffd77fd

Are you drunk. They have it #13 below things like RB, safety, ect...ect....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Are you drunk. They have it #13 below things like RB, safety, ect...ect....

It's not "they", it's HIM. One person, not multiple people. HIM, one. He wrote an article, NFL published an OPINION piece. And can you read? I said it's the second most important offensive line position, not the second most important position on that list.

We can debate all day about how his list goes up and down. But when you tried to prove a point, and then link me to an article that demonstrates the RT is the second most important position on the O-line, I laugh.

QB-LCB-4-3DE/3-4OLB-LT are premium positions in this league. Positions such as WR, RB, DT, and RT are up to debate how you'd place them on lists, with WR most likely taking the top spot. But each one is of importance, which shouldn't surprise you, since football is the most team oriented sport that will have multiple important pieces. But sitting there pretending like it's some absurd notion that RT is an important position is stupid.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not "they", it's HIM. One person, not multiple people. HIM, one. He wrote an article, NFL published an OPINION piece. And can you read? I said it's the second most important offensive line position, not the second most important position on that list.

We can debate all day about how his list goes up and down. But when you tried to prove a point, and then link me to an article that demonstrates the RT is the second most important position on the O-line, I laugh.

QB-LCB-4-3DE/3-4OLB-LT are premium positions in this league. Positions such as WR, RB, DT, and RT are up to debate how you'd place them on lists, with WR most likely taking the top spot. But each one is of importance, which shouldn't surprise you, since football is the most team oriented sport that will have multiple important pieces. But sitting there pretending like it's some absurd notion that RT is an important position is stupid.

LOL..............2nd most important Oline position? Nice deflection. We were talking about its importance compared to other positions on the entire team.

And NO, RT is NOT an overly important position. QB,DE, DT, CB, Safety, RB.........all strong needs of ours are MUCH more pressing and important.

In fact, we currently have a RT on the roster that is doing just fine. And oh my god, we just drafted one with a 3rd round pick last year.

Its a pipe dream for you. There is zero chance we are taking another Olineman with our 4th pick. No chance.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

There is no debate what so ever. RT is NOT a premium position. No chance. NONE, ZERO!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

RT is for guys that are not good enough to play LT. Wake up please. Stop embarrassing yourself here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Ok, here you go. This is NOT opinion, this is fact. This is ranking each position by average salary. No debate needed. RT is right down there in front of punter. LOL Maybe we should use the highest pick in 20 years on a punter. LOL

IF this doesnt destroy your argument, then you just cant admit it. Enjoy!!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-highest-paid-positions-2014-9

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL..............2nd most important Oline position? Nice deflection. We were talking about its importance compared to other positions on the entire team.

And NO, RT is NOT an overly important position. QB,DE, DT, CB, Safety, RB.........all strong needs of ours are MUCH more pressing and important.

In fact, we currently have a RT on the roster that is doing just fine. And oh my god, we just drafted one with a 3rd round pick last year.

Its a pipe dream for you. There is zero chance we are taking another Olineman with our 4th pick. No chance.

It's not a "deflection", ding dong. There are multiple important positions in football, scheme often times dictates importance. And now you're using salary cap? Jesus Christ.

Let's take your list to Jerry and Stephen and show them how important the RB position is....because salary! Let's take it to Belichick and his thoughts on the RB position.

EDIT: Also, stop spamming with responses to a single comment. Put it all into one comment.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not a "deflection", ding dong. There are multiple important positions in football, scheme often times dictates importance. And now you're using salary cap? Jesus Christ.

Let's take your list to Jerry and Stephen and show them how important the RB position is....because salary! Let's take it to Belichick and his thoughts on the RB position.

EDIT: Also, stop spamming with responses to a single comment. Put it all into one comment.

Its pretty simple my slow friend. Salary averages are in direct correlation to how they are valued by GM's on their importance to the team. The higher the average salary, the higher the importance.

But I completely agree with you how each particular team is different. Like the Cowboys already having 4 first round picks on their Oline. If there was EVER a team that didnt need another it was Dallas.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL......and why would Bill Bellicheck value a RB high right now he has Tom Brady? See, you simply cant grasp the concept of correlation or team makeup. And who did the Patriots have running the football before Brady got there? Remember? See if you can remember.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Its pretty simple my slow friend. Salary averages are in direct correlation to how they are valued by GM's on their importance to the team. The higher the average salary, the higher the importance.

But I completely agree with you how each particular team is different. Like the Cowboys already having 4 first round picks on their Oline. If there was EVER a team that didnt need another it was Dallas.

Wrong. RB, despite your chart, IS NOT VALUED like it used to be in this league. We went multiple years without a first round RB taken, because they aren't valued like they used to be! No one is debating that RT is more important than LT, LCB, or QB. But using a salary chart to dictate how important a position is, is simply faulty. Running backs are not important to most teams in this league, most teams are adopting a one-two punch or a committee. Even if they have one back that takes most of the carries, those teams are still relying on their QB to carry the load.

The discussion on RB right now is the lesser value they have in this league. The discussion on RT's is the growing importance, as I have provided you with links on those discussions. Until you come in with a better argument, and you've been attempting for days now, this discussion is over. Have the last word, which I'm sure will span multiple posts that start with "LOL".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wrong. RB, despite your chart, IS NOT VALUED like it used to be in this league. We went multiple years without a first round RB taken, because they aren't valued like they used to be! No one is debating that RT is more important than LT, LCB, or QB. But using a salary chart to dictate how important a position is, is simply faulty. Running backs are not important to most teams in this league, most teams are adopting a one-two punch or a committee. Even if they have one back that takes most of the carries, those teams are still relying on their QB to carry the load.

The discussion on RB right now is the lesser value they have in this league. The discussion on RT's is the growing importance, as I have provided you with links on those discussions. Until you come in with a better argument, and you've been attempting for days now, this discussion is over. Have the last word, which I'm sure will span multiple posts that start with "LOL".

Stop changing the subject. I know you are getting steam rolled, but I never said that the RB position was more important now then before. Never said it. And the discussion was never about "growing importance of the RT position. That was another attempt for you to change the subject because you couldnt find anything to refute our current discussion. Its still one of the least most important positions on the field. And NO ONE, I mean NO ONE spends the 4th pick on a RT. And especially when they have 4 first round picks already on the Oline. Its like talking to a mentally handicapped person.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Stop changing the subject. I know you are getting steam rolled, but I never said that the RB position was more important now then before. Never said it. And the discussion was never about "growing importance of the RT position. That was another attempt for you to change the subject because you couldnt find anything to refute our current discussion. Its still one of the least most important positions on the field. And NO ONE, I mean NO ONE spends the 4th pick on a RT. And especially when they have 4 first round picks already on the Oline. Its like talking to a mentally handicapped person.

You freakin' provided a link on salaries like that was a dictator on this. I pointed out the flaw, an apparent one like I always have to with you, and you are now stating "I never said that!". How old are you? I'm serious. I'm guessing 17-18?

With the chart you threw out thinking this would be your trump card, it would tell us that RB is still a high valued, important position in this league. It is not, it is for a few select teams like Seahawks and Vikings, but it's not league-wide.

I don't care about what any other team does at 4. You go by the prospects that are there, no by past actions. Once again, we are right back to this argument, random prospects aren't going to pop up in the next couple days that we can choose from. You have Bosa, Ramsey, and Tunsil there at 4 that have been projected to go in the top 5 for months. You take one of them or you hope to trade back. Why do I need to continue explaining this?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You freakin' provided a link on salaries like that was a dictator on this. I pointed out the flaw, an apparent one like I always have to with you, and you are now stating "I never said that!". How old are you? I'm serious. I'm guessing 17-18?

With the chart you threw out thinking this would be your trump card, it would tell us that RB is still a high valued, important position in this league. It is not, it is for a few select teams like Seahawks and Vikings, but it's not league-wide.

I don't care about what any other team does at 4. You go by the prospects that are there, no by past actions. Once again, we are right back to this argument, random prospects aren't going to pop up in the next couple days that we can choose from. You have Bosa, Ramsey, and Tunsil there at 4 that have been projected to go in the top 5 for months. You take one of them or you hope to trade back. Why do I need to continue explaining this?

Amazing, you are changing the subject again. Are you running? This argument was never about taking one of those three. You said that if Tunsil was there, take him no matter what simply because he is the best player.

Now for my money, I am taking Ramsey. I dont know enough about college to analyze if Bosa is really worthy of the pick. Some think he is. If he is, then take him because he is our biggest need. But I like the big time pass rusher at 4 and Bosa doesn seem to be that. If Ramsey is gone, I try like hell to trade back and get some more picks. But that is just me.