Larry Brown says TO stopped on several routes today

BHendri5

Reaction score
Brown is an idiot. He keeps talking and talking about when he played, like he was a legit star. He got his chance like most people get theirs, when a teammate goes down to an injury.

He was named toast, I was thinking while listening to him on the pregame show, those same guys that he sits around with bashing T.O., they also bashed him when he played and they were right on point about him, he got to Oakland and stole money and was released, there was no one there to cover for him like Woodson and Teague and Brock Marion.

But yet he sits with those dimwits Spags, Bill Jones, Brad Sham, Babe and whoever else and crticize T.O., like he was a top CB and he would not even be able to get off the ST on this team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
what a funny thread.

Larry brown dares to question the Great T.O. so instantly its bash larry brown time.

lol

And for what its worth, owens completely gave up on that route that was interception, it was right in front of me and He just waived his arm up at the ball. No way that should have been picked. A little effort and its at least incomplete.

And I found it comical in the 4th qtr when they were running out the clock on third down and they threw the slant to owens to get his stats up to 100 yards so he doesnt cry and he dropped it.

But people bashing larry brown in this thread, lol.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
One thing I do know is that TO needs to learn to concentrate and catch simple slant routes.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theebs;2448134 said:
what a funny thread.

Larry brown dares to question the Great T.O. so instantly its bash larry brown time.

lol

And for what its worth, owens completely gave up on that route that was interception, it was right in front of me and He just waived his arm up at the ball. No way that should have been picked. A little effort and its at least incomplete.

And I found it comical in the 4th qtr when they were running out the clock on third down and they threw the slant to owens to get his stats up to 100 yards so he doesnt cry and he dropped it.

Funny how a ton of former players and coaches share about the same opinion on owens but they all suck.:D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Larry Brown? I'll wait for another source on this one. I don't doubt that it's true. But I would just like further verification.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2448153 said:
Larry Brown? I'll wait for another source on this one. I don't doubt that it's true. But I would just like further verification.

well laufenberg used the teams game film from the washington game in september 2 weeks ago to show how he pouts and then runs poor routes with a lack of focus.

not sure what else you want.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The post of the day involved the written conclusion that Garrett was responsible for the interception which Romo threw a forced deep pass to a double-covered Owens. That was too funny.

Clint Parnell

Reaction score
capt.7d0414dc2aea43adb84983e9d935daa4.seahawks_cowboys_football_irv121.jpg

doesnt look like TO gave up to me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
theebs;2448159 said:
well laufenberg used the teams game film from the washington game in september 2 weeks ago to show how he pouts and then runs poor routes with a lack of focus.

not sure what else you want.

how does that prove he did it today?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2448173 said:
how does that prove he did it today?

It proves he gets that way. Always has.

some people would be shocked to see him in person on the field. he barely talks to his teammates and he looks to be disinterested at times.

the guy has more talent than most of the wr to have ever played the game but he always allows his lousy personality to be the story.

and by the way, I am not saying he did anything wrong today and there is nothing to get upset about. however, his effort on that int was really poor and if is going to get all the glory all the time and blame everyone else when he plays poorly, he should be called out for his lackluster effort here and there.

BHendri5

Reaction score
had no business throwing that pass, T.O. was covered by 2 guys, he would not have been able to catch that ball if he tried, as one poster said. The only person that was going to catch that ball was Deon Grant and he did.

Yeah, those former players that criticize T.O. always seem to be the ones that were not good, and the one that I know of that was any good, speaks because he dislikes T.O., really all the idiotic comments and criticism of Owens are from people that just dislike the guys, but yet they try to hide their hatred with the ole, he is a great receiver line.

Just be real, if you dislike T.O. say it and leave at that.
Babe is an idiot as well, just like Sheshawn and Carter he only showed clips that would prove his points. Show all of the clips that would show he has no point.

Bill jones brings up how many passes has been thrown to T.O., but yet he fails to mention how many of those passes were uncatchable, something T.O. mentioned several times.

Example: the skins game when 17 passes were thrown at T.O. they did not mentioned that other than the 2 passes T.O. missed the other passes were uncatchable.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2448201 said:
had no business throwing that pass, T.O. was covered by 2 guys, he would not have been able to catch that ball if he tried, as one poster said. The only person that was going to catch that ball was Deon Grant and he did.

Yeah, those former players that criticize T.O. always seem to be the ones that were not good, and the one that I know of that was any good, speaks because he dislikes T.O., really all the idiotic comments and criticism of Owens are from people that just dislike the guys, but yet they try to hide their hatred with the ole, he is a great receiver line.

Just be real, if you dislike T.O. say it and leave at that.
Babe is an idiot as well, just like Sheshawn and Carter he only showed clips that would prove his points. Show all of the clips that would show he has no point.

Bill jones brings up how many passes has been thrown to T.O., but yet he fails to mention how many of those passes were uncatchable, something T.O. mentioned several times.

Example: the skins game when 17 passes were thrown at T.O. they did not mentioned that other than the 2 passes T.O. missed the other passes were uncatchable.

Yup. Theebs is right.:rolleyes:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wrote I thought he gave up a little on the INT. In his defense, assuming he actually did slow down too much, he likely never thought the ball would be coming his way. He was too well covered and I think he slowed a little instead of putting on that burst he has. He may have just scored a TD. But there are way too many IFs to make much of this play.

I've no doubt he doesn't give it his all at times. Maybe too much. But to bash a guy after 5 or so catches for 98 yards is too much for me. His teammates like him and I suspect if he was guilty of 5% of what people here accuse him of then he would be hated and despised.

Eskimo

Reaction score
mrla;2447963 said:
TO's biggest problem is that he drops way too many of the routine passes. He does pretty darn well with the spectacular grabs but then comes right back and drops an easy one that could have gone for a long gainer!

You have to take the good with the bad - catches some hard ones, drops some easy ones. That has been true of his whole career and it is not going to change.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2448134 said:
what a funny thread.

lol

This picture ends any shred of credibility you thought you had:

capt.7d0414dc2aea43adb84983e9d935daa4.seahawks_cowboys_football_irv121.jpg