Larry Brown says TO stopped on several routes today

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2447937 said:
He also said that TO could've scored a TD on two of them if he had kept running. Not to start anything, but it seemed that he was a little peeved when Witten scored too, IMO. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a TO fan unlike some around here.

Find that needle in the haystack yet? :rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dallas22;2451518 said:
I think that he is both because he can and does disrupt a team with his off-field stuff and many comments... he is also a talent on the field and demands that defenses double him which opens up the other recievers and tight ends on his team.

If I HAD to pick one or the other I'd say that he is negative because the Cowboys can get another WR that can demand double-teams and can catch as good or better than TO. Most don't have the baggage and seemingly negative/bad attitude and post game comments that can hurt a team. I think that Roy Williams is a player that meets this criteria but imagine him with Boldin... our weapons would be just as good in my opinion without the crap by TO.

Just my opininon :)

If Plaxico Burress or Chad Johnson were on our team instead, what would your opinions be?

Dallas22

Reaction score
Boysboy;2451646 said:
If Plaxico Burress or Chad Johnson were on our team instead, what would your opinions be?

Just about the same (except for that disrespecting the STAR incident - which is a big deal to me).

Dallas22

Reaction score
5Countem5;2451524 said:
You do realize that just because he disrupts YOU, that is not evidence he has done anything to disrupt the Dallas Cowboys, right?

I'm sure the players don't fret over every TO interview.

You honestly don't think that TO has been a distraction and, at least to a small degree, caused a negative vibe on the Cowboys with his off-field crap? The OD event as well as his comments (right or wrong) throughout his time in Dallas has brought extra negative attention to the team and I know it does disrupt things, even if you don't hear some of the players saying it... I do agree that the Cowboys need TO to do well to be able to make the playoffs and be sucessful if we get there; I would say the same if we had Reggie Wayne, just Wayne wouldn't pout to the media about it.

My opinions...

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas22;2451669 said:
You honestly don't think that TO has been a distraction and, at least to a small degree, caused a negative vibe on the Cowboys with his off-field crap? The OD event as well as his comments (right or wrong) throughout his time in Dallas has brought extra negative attention to the team and I know it does disrupt things, even if you don't hear some of the players saying it... I do agree that the Cowboys need TO to do well to be able to make the playoffs and be sucessful if we get there; I would say the same if we had Reggie Wayne, just Wayne wouldn't pout to the media about it.

My opinions...

No, you know nothing of the sort. You think if it bothers you , it will bother the players.

I guess if you mean they talk about it and discuss it- then it could be a "distraction" but I bet they discuss Romo changing tires and taking homeless dudes to the movies. So I guess Romo needs to stop and think because both are distractions.

But one thing is clear, I give the players much more credit in dealing with this crap than you do.

Dallas22

Reaction score
5Countem5;2452560 said:
No, you know nothing of the sort. You think if it bothers you , it will bother the players.

I guess if you mean they talk about it and discuss it- then it could be a "distraction" but I bet they discuss Romo changing tires and taking homeless dudes to the movies. So I guess Romo needs to stop and think because both are distractions.

But one thing is clear, I give the players much more credit in dealing with this crap than you do.

Ok, with the eaGALS and 49ers, teammates from both team came out about the fact that Owens WAS a distraction AFTER he left their team. After TO is gone, you'll hear similar comments from some of the Cowboys players. Again, you are comparing apples & oranges when saying TO's negative comments and actions are the same as Romo's positive actions... yeah, makes sense.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas22;2452574 said:
Ok, with the eaGALS and 49ers, teammates from both team came out about the fact that Owens WAS a distraction AFTER he left their team. After TO is gone, you'll hear similar comments from some of the Cowboys players. Again, you are comparing apples & oranges when saying TO's negative comments and actions are the same as Romo's positive actions... yeah, makes sense.

I'm saying they probably discuss BOTH things amongst themselves. And one thing had no more impact than the other. I doubt they lose sleep over either player's "news making". You THINK it is a problem but cannot cite anything in DALLAS to back it up. the only thing I have seen since TO's "outburst" is two butt-kickings. Let's hope he "outbursts" every week into the Super Bowl.

Have a little faith in the players, they may be smarter than you give them credit for AND you can believe they don't sit around fretting over the what the media "reports". I would also guess it bothers you more than them.