Last 3-0 start was 2008. Didnt Make Playoffs However

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How the hell is saying I hope history does not repeat itself and we do make the playoffs an insult to anybody or the team?

Dam, you guys need to read better.
I didn't say I think that. I said some might think that. Maybe it's you who needs to read better.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I didn't say I think that. I said some might think that. Maybe it's you who needs to read better.

How would any poster think "I sure hope we make the playoffs, unlike last time" an insult to them or the team?

Help me out there bro, exactly what did I say in the OP that is so offending?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Enjoy the win fellas, its been a long time since we started 3-0, it was 2008 to be exact.

Unfortunately, we didnt make the playoffs so lets hope history does not repeat itself.

We went 1-3 in December that year. Romo had one of his December meltdowns that plagued him the first few seasons of his career. Not trying to put it all on him but he had 9 turnovers in the final four games. Good luck winning critical December games with your QB turning the ball over that many times.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How would any poster think "I sure hope we make the playoffs, unlike last time" an insult to them or the team?

Help me out there bro, exactly what did I say in the OP that is so offending?
Oh, I didn't say I find it offensive.....but it seems like others did, so maybe ask them.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We went 1-3 in December that year. Romo had one of his December meltdowns that plagued him the first few seasons of his career. Not trying to put it all on him but he had 9 turnovers in the final four games.

Yep, it was bad.

I guess it was so distressing to the snowflakes in this thread that being reminded of that season is too traumatic for them.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Dont ever bring up the 2008 season again

its the reason i will never trust dallas again

i trust myself more to poop out of a moving car and into the window of another moving car both going 100 mph
That was supposed to be the year. I remember week 1. Killed a Browns team that was supposed to be good and Brady got hurt. Team started 3-0. Got upset by the Commanders at home. So many ups and downs. Ravens game was the season in a nutshell.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That was supposed to be the year. I remember week 1. Killed a Browns team that was supposed to be good and Brady got hurt. Team started 3-0. Got upset by the Commanders at home. So many ups and downs. Ravens game was the season in a nutshell.

Yep, after being the number one seed in 2007 and losing to the Gmen, I was sure 2008 would be our turn.

JayFord

Reaction score

what a disgusting way to close out texas stadium

i remember being ashamed and i hope the players were too....just to allow back to back 80 yard td runs to close out the stadium

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep, it was bad.

I guess it was so distressing to the snowflakes in this thread that being reminded of that season is too traumatic for them.

It’s a fragile crowd we have here. They better not get too comfortable with this 3-0 start because if we don’t tighten up this bend but don’t break defense it’s going to break before long. We’re going to need 30+ points to win games against good opponents. Miami had more yards at the half than they averaged the first two games. We’re not giving up many points but sooner or later the dam is going to break. A good team would have had us down in the first half. We’re 3-0 against winless teams at least as of this posting.

When we do get a pass rush we’re having trouble getting the QB on the ground. That will come back on us against Brady and Rodgers. The defense hasn’t been bad but it’s the type of defense I’ve seen us have in the past that ended up getting us beat in the playoffs.

JayFord

Reaction score
That was a beat down of EPIC proportions...……...it was like watching Alabama play Western Omaha:laugh:

i watched that whole game

44-6 im sitting there with all types of faith saying “it aint over til its over”

someone shoulda got me a clown hat with the propellers on the top

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Did I say we were going to miss the playoffs?

I simply made an observation that the last time we went 3-0 we didnt make the playoffs and I hoped the same thing doesn't happen again. That is in no way making a prediction, I really dont get why you guys cant read.
You can’t even admit to yourself the true point of your post. Sad.